Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Original sin means you're born a sinner. So you can't go to heaven unless you apologize to Jesus for being born a sinner.

This works out because otherwise heaven would be full of all the crying babies and sick kids God kills as part of his master plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

My sins are so much more original than just being born.
Get creative with it.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
God ain't out here trying to raise people's dead kids. If I was a deity I'd probably feel the same way.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Original sin means you're born a sinner. So you can't go to heaven unless you apologize to Jesus for being born a sinner.

yea but im pretty sure back in the day the whole point of this concept was that you could just pay the church to get out of that poo poo

eventually people got pissed and thats why theres a whole bunch of other churches now because by that point people made christianity into a whole like, identity and couldnt handle having been scammed all their life. but for a few centuries they had a real good thing going.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lucifer was right

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The talking serpent did nothing wrong :colbert:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Love sinning. I got the OG sins plus some new ones, good stuff.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im waiting for Sin 2.0

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I wonder if they ever thought of calling Hell 'Sincinnati'

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This works out because otherwise heaven would be full of all the crying babies and sick kids God kills as part of his master plan.

OP, the 'Limbo of Infants' isn't really officially part of the dogma. But many assume it's how it works because, well, you really do need to do something about all those babies and nobody wants them burned.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i actually got checked for original sin and it came back negative, so not everyone has had it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im in the middle of playing a video game called divinity 2 original sin but so far im about 35 hours in and the concept of original sin hasn't really come up. or maybe it has i get a bit impatient with the lore and dont pay very close attention, its mostly about something called "cursed fire" and how you always seem to be stepping in it

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Earwicker posted:

im in the middle of playing a video game called divinity 2 original sin but so far im about 35 hours in and the concept of original sin hasn't really come up. or maybe it has i get a bit impatient with the lore and dont pay very close attention, its mostly about something called "cursed fire" and how you always seem to be stepping in it

Is Divinity 2: Original Sin a good game? People keep saying it's "one of the best RPGs" but I'm a little dubious. Is the story good or is it, like, only a "really good RPG" from a mechanical perspective?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Is Divinity 2: Original Sin a good game? People keep saying it's "one of the best RPGs" but I'm a little dubious. Is the story good or is it, like, only a "really good RPG" from a mechanical perspective?

its extremely good imo

in the general context of roleplaying videogames, the story is good. a lot more interesting than e.g. skyrim or dragon age etc. its not some kind of literary masterpiece but the overarching story is pretty good and you have a choice of which party members you recruit, each of whom have their own story and they way they all interact and change your experience of the world is pretty cool

the main reason the game is good though is just the amount of freedom you have, the consequences of your decisions really matter, there a ton of fun ways to gently caress with the world or get through different situations and the combat is chaotic (for a turn based game) but enjoyable. its definitely one of the best crpg's ive ever played, the hype is warranted.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I prefer Divinity 3: Second Sin

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

God: Creates everything, including the snake and the apple
God: You have domain over this world, EXCEPT don't touch that apple tree over there which is all sparkly
Eve: Hmmm.....
The Snake: It's bullshit, right? Why put this forbidden thing right next to you and then tell you not to touch it? What's the deal?
Eve: Good points *eats apple
God: HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! ORIGINAL SIN AND DAMNATION FOR ETERNITY!!!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I originally sinned your mom last night. BOOM, TAKE ME TO HELL

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i don't do original sins, i'm not a pathfinder type

derivative sins only, thankyouverymuch

e: i like my sins tried and true, with illustrated instructions and helpful hints

dee eight fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 30, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nosin under the sun is new

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Baptism is generally understood to “wash away” original sin. So babies and kids are in the clear as long, as they get dunked on first.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
In the '80s they came out with New Sin, but switched back to Original Sin after everyone complained.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

2020 Covid lockdown baptism

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

redshirt posted:

Kids first experience with a gun. America.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Organized religion is extortion.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

redshirt posted:

lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Come get some

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

im waiting for Sin 2.0

Keep scrolling kid
/

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Larry Cum Free posted:

God ain't out here trying to raise people's dead kids. If I was a deity I'd probably feel the same way.

Sure he'll raise the dead kids but what about the ones who are alive? Typical republican

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

redshirt posted:

how judges are made

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Just lmao if there isn't an old testy god to stomp on our balls

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I prefer Original tan more than original sin.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
You can get a lot of money for a mint condition original sin

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yeah but its p. dope that you can just say this literal sentence :pray: "I accept this Jesus fella into my b-hole heart" :pray: and you can do whatever the gently caress you want spiritually

Very modern and egalitarian. Don't need to follow any lists of rules, no capricious omniscient judgement, circumvents indulgences and can be done at home, doesn't require dying in battle or or ritual suicide or killing all your servants and embalming them so they can work for you in the afterlife.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Original sin was the original startup

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Sorry, I only have Type 2 sin.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Atleast according to medieval thought, baptism was really the only necessary thing to clear someone of original sin, so it was considered extremely important that someone was baptized basically as soon as they were born, and actually performing baptism was ruled to not require a priest, midwives for instance could batpize a newborn right away and that was seen as valid. A priest was only really necessary for confirming the baptism, but that wasn't seen as necessary for salvation, it was just a ritual act of becoming part of the church.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Gotta be honest, if everyone everywhere has it, it doesn't seem that "original." Kinda Pedestrian Sin, honestly

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

one order of original sin, one order of extra crispy sin, and one order of extra spicy sin

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

extra spicy sin

This is anal, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

This is anal, right?