Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Preemptive :lol: at whoever loses tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bows1 posted:

wait waht, have you watched them? They look very middle of the road.

They are 3rd in the AFC in differential and have played well below their potential. 6th in the NFL in points given up, 5th in points scored. They are not middle of the road. Miami and Baltimore have either exceeded or matched what was expected. That's why I say they look like one of the best teams in the conference. They could very well win their last 5 games and make it in. And they would be the team no one wanted to face.

I don't expect this at all.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok, I need to know which one of you is driving this around the west suburbs of Chicago.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

@Cavauro

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's right. 55 is for burfict. 91 is for big robert geathers. "mixon" is for mixon it up with cedric benson. rip

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

moetmeal williams

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

did they just run an option with cj beathard?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The 8-4 Jaguars feel like a dead team walking.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's just honestly soul crushing.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Teams are now salivating at possibly facing Jacksonville in the playoffs

provided the Texans don't overtake them for the AFCS first

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

TheBizzness posted:

The Jags are gonna get a bye.

:randpop:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Sorry :(

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Good to see Jake Browning show that he is more than a QB3.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jake Browning played a hell of a game. That was legit. All in all, a classic MNF barn burner.

Also, 42-19 :lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How did the Jags defense allow that game to happen lol. Other Josh Allen made a couple big plays but it felt like mostly Browning hanging out in a clean pocket with time to do whatever he wanted and Mixon successfully running for 10+ yards on obvious rushing downs. Horrendous performance vs a career backup UDFA

E: not to take anything away from Browning he had a hell of a game. But like, he should not have been allowed to by a competent defense

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 5, 2023

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The curse of disrespecting the Terrible Towel continues

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

why are all the jag's losses at home

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parallax posted:

They're 1-0 in London?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Parallax posted:

You ever been to Jacksonville?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vox Nihili posted:

Sadly, I have.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Username/post combo :golfclap:

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

smart of the Jags to try and tank the division and get a wild card where they can have a chance to win on the road

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

epic bacon posted:

smart of the Jags to try and tank the division and get a wild card where they can have a chance to win on the road
Hopefully they'll get the 7th seed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did Tlaw die? Are we down to Fields only now?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Waltzing Along posted:

Did Tlaw die? Are we down to Fields only now?

I don't know if there's an update on the extent, but he's definitely hurt. He had to tuck a pass and stepped backwards in frustration right as his left tackle stepped back and on his ankle. He went straight down collapsing on his leg like an accordion. He briefly stood up and collapsed when he tried to walk. He slammed his helmet into the ground in anger. He walked off the field and into the lockerroom with assistance from two people. The hope we had last night is that it was just something that hurt a lot and nothing torn. It looked like it sucked.

He was on crutches with a boot by the end of the night. No updates this morning from a cursory google.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He briefly stood up and collapsed when he tried to walk.

And it's not like he stood up on his own, one of the Bengals straight popped him up doing all the work before the attempt to take one step and collapsing.

Something's definitely wrong down there. I supposed the hope would be a super bad high ankle sprain but I suspect more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, poo poo.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

And it's not like he stood up on his own, one of the Bengals straight popped him up doing all the work before the attempt to take one step and collapsing.

When I saw that I immediately thought "achilles". Rodgers and Dobbins basically did the same thing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I thought Pederson said last night that it was an ankle sprain and they were just trying to figure out the severity. I assume he's not out for the year.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't know if there's an update on the extent, but he's definitely hurt. He had to tuck a pass and stepped backwards in frustration right as his left tackle stepped back and on his ankle. He went straight down collapsing on his leg like an accordion. He briefly stood up and collapsed when he tried to walk. He slammed his helmet into the ground in anger. He walked off the field and into the lockerroom with assistance from two people. The hope we had last night is that it was just something that hurt a lot and nothing torn. It looked like it sucked.

He was on crutches with a boot by the end of the night. No updates this morning from a cursory google.

Yeah it looked like his ankle bent funny, not in a broken way but maybe a sprain? He was in dismay as he limped to the locker room. Before he slammed his helmet down in anger he kneeled in disbelief.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's hard to find any updates on Lawrence because twitter is just relentlessly dunking on the Jags for not getting him on a cart

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intruder posted:

It's hard to find any updates on Lawrence because twitter is just relentlessly dunking on the Jags for not getting him on a cart

I have a feeling that was his decision.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's the trainer's job to protect a player from himself sometimes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That would be a bummer if he misses significant time (and really any games missed this time of year are significant). Solid chance we get to see Playoff Quarterback Gardner Minshew at this rate.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ankle sprain per initial tests.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39044306/jaguars-wr-christian-kirk-ruled-groin-injury

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Intruder posted:

Generally it seems like the longer they go before giving an update, the better the situation is. Probably because you can diagnose a completely torn achilles or exploded knee in two seconds, whereas if its 'just' sprained or a partial tear, they need to check the full extent of the damage or check if its something else entirely before giving an update

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wonder how thick the tape on his ankle is gonna be when he plays this week

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
That groin injury looked bad too, there was zero contact and he went down immediately clutching the inside of his left leg

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
what about Christian Watson's hamstring? that looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Seems like a lotta non-contact injuries this season :(