Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

wimnter sig me? wimnter sig me

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

the downside of urls/mp4 is that they don't autoplay in the Awful app like gifs do

for android, anyway

Zoya

i don't respect .webp's cuz seeing the file extension fills me with revulsion for reasons i don't quite know how to articulate

Zoya

omg

Zoya

it's so good!! thank you!

Zoya

Manifisto posted:

[transparency snip]

the easiest tool for a lot of stuff like this is usually ezgif, yeah, it's a real treasure

a lot of gif editing i do is cracking open a gif into its composite frames with ezgif, editing all the frames, then recompiling them into a gif with ezgif -- i believe it works with apng as well, though there are a few downsides to apng (mostly filesize, also some apps/browsers still don't play nice with apngs since it's never been widely adopted and as such only display the first frame)

Zoya

Manifisto posted:

gimp is actually very useful for editing gifs specifically, however it lacks some of the cool features and time saving benefits of ezgif (though ezgif seems quite cumbersome for some things). I agree that apng is hardly a perfect solution, but it overcomes some of the very annoying limitations of the gif format.

webp might be an alternative (ezgif also lets you create webp images). imgur does not like webp. however it looks like you can host webp images on freeimage.host:

. . . and actually, that one is 137k as opposed to 975k for the APNG one. and it looks like sa actually supports it inline, so honestly I'm glad this question was asked, this looks like a colorable alternative for sigs perhaps.

e: ooh GIMP can export webp as animation, that rules now that I've figured out an image host that can serve the files

hmmmmm

as much as i resent the .webp file extension

i must admit that it does tick a lot of boxes here

it even autoplays like a normal gif in the android Awful app, unlike mp4s using the [url] tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

RavenousScoot posted:

I was excited to finish :^x

I was gonna do a background or something, but wanted to play with transparency using all the advice from above

(I made this in firealpaca, which actually apparently exports apng, but it kept hosting as a still image, so I put the frames in gimp to make a webp)

e: I had the frames in reverse in gimp... reuploaded

that's so fuckin good