Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

downhill skiing is like dreaming in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I only ski uphill.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If you ski downhill long enough, you'll eventually either run out of snow or reach sea level. Then you're in trouble.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cross country skiers are freaking DORKS
Stay out!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Push F, idiot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*skies into "The Glade"

*dies

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

all i know about skiiing i learned from this game, things like: i never want to do it, and gently caress this

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

all i know about skiiing i learned from this game, things like: i never want to do it, and gently caress this

The yeti just wants you to think it's only a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L20ovQCIic

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

look out, nerds, outta my way.
I'm shredding on my board here.
Nothing comes between me and some radical air on the pipe.

Maybe you can go play with that powder over there.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Remember that stupid skiing trial last year with Gwenyth?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Grey Cat posted:

Pipe laya

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I prefer uphill skiing. Gotta get that flanders rear end somehow

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

:wink:

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I used to downhill ski and snowboard, but I am 100% XC now. Saw a bumper sticker a few years ago that said "nobody cares that you tele" which is true lol

I just got sick of long lines, high prices. Epic or Vail or whoever a few years back bought the small mountain near me. No more half day tickets, you cant just go in the morning, get some runs in and get home for lunch or afternoon work. Gotta buy a whole day pass and that poo poo is way overpriced for a weekday. gently caress em

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Real downhill skiing talk, I haven't skiid in 15 years, had a nasty spill going top speed that almost killed me, was a pretty notsogreat concussion and whiplash that held my head angled for 3 months. My goggles fogged and I fell into a large gap at brundage.

I'd probably be willing to skii again but probably nothing exciting and fast like that anymore.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

prices and crowding have killed all of my enthusiasm for downhill skiing.

rolling down hills is the superior option.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I went skiing aged 20 and it was great, falling doesn't matter, snow's soft.
I went again aged 36 and shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I can't stay away from the moguls and I always die

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Me and a buddy are taking ops mom skiing this weekend :awesome::sonia::awesome:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Skiing is a euphemism for doing cocaine

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
comes snowboarding into your thread

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

bitterandtwisted posted:

I went skiing aged 20 and it was great, falling doesn't matter, snow's soft.
I went again aged 36 and shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.
Wait another 10 or so years. Getting up is just exhausting. It definitely motivates you to not go down.

Planet X posted:

I used to downhill ski and snowboard, but I am 100% XC now. Saw a bumper sticker a few years ago that said "nobody cares that you tele" which is true lol

I just got sick of long lines, high prices. Epic or Vail or whoever a few years back bought the small mountain near me. No more half day tickets, you cant just go in the morning, get some runs in and get home for lunch or afternoon work. Gotta buy a whole day pass and that poo poo is way overpriced for a weekday. gently caress em

I'm about to buy an Epic pass and it's absurd but not as absurd as what a day pass costs at BC where I'll be going.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Skiing is a euphemism for doing cocaine

Do you REALIZE the street value of this mountain???!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

GONNA HIT ALL THAT FRESH POWDER, U IN?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The only part I like is when you get to take off those torturous boots and eat the shittiest $14 hamburger in those weird cafeterias they all have

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I use to ski but stopped as it was too much effort. Not the actual skiing so much as the getting dressed, getting to the mountain, waiting for the chairlifts.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Cant wait to take this bad boy down the triple black diamond hill skewering rich whites upon my horn of retribution

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I worry about my knees

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Planet X posted:

yeah the prices are eye watering now at whistler, its pretty hosed, i think a a day pass is $300 CAD.

our local hill mt washington is pretty good for what it is and doesnt cost a fortune to ski on

there is a tiny place called mt kain that i need to check out apparently its just got like an old rear end slow 2 person lift and thats it and you pretty much have to sleep in your car at the bottom of the hill

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Cant wait to take this bad boy down the triple black diamond hill skewering rich whites upon my horn of retribution

As white trash I just use a plastic garbage can lid.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Grey Cat posted:

it's like I went through a time warp to 1998

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://youtu.be/MGhCVifDPws?si=TwWwk0LWec4Wq4Ri

Do yourself a favour

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Folks wear helmets while skiing now!

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Folks should just generally wear more helmets

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Didn't some pro skii slalom guy duy after hitting a fence a long time ago? Just bled out on tv or something.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Didn't some pro skii slalom guy duy after hitting a fence a long time ago? Just bled out on tv or something.

His head exploded after he hit an opponents banana peel and spun into a metal pillar

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I don't know the answer to that, but I personally know 3 (maybe 4, feel like I'm forgetting someone) people who have died while skiing. All great skiers, pushing it too far.

No thanks.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

redshirt posted:

Folks wear helmets while skiing now!

I'm sad to see the stupid hats (spikes, I had one shaped like a Christmas tree) go but really it makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm sad to see the stupid hats (spikes, I had one shaped like a Christmas tree) go but really it makes a lot of sense.

I went skiing after twenty years, and when getting rentals they asked me my helmet size, and I was like, "helmet"?

Promptly got another concussion.