Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Waffleman_ posted:

The character designer who created Waluigi posted the concept art of the original idea for Wario's doubles partner, Wapeach

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0TpKyDSfOy/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

WAPeach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

codo27 posted:

Replayed 3-VC-SA lately. Had never finished SA before, that thing is chock full of content. Disappointed the "remasters" were such low effort ports, but I played the originals anyway. It was pretty fun obsessively taking over all the gang territory, unaware of what happens and then losing it all and having to take it all over again.

I know it wont happen, but I hope 6 goes back to the VC and earlier era where they didn't take themselves too seriously and the whole thing isn't loving on rails like all R*'s more recent entries.

Did you do the glitch to spread Gang Territories to the entire map?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tfw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month I want to play:
Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising
Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Did you do the glitch to spread Gang Territories to the entire map?

The only glitch I encountered was literally every aspect of the game engine. I couldn't swim, if I panned the camera underwater the game would crash every time. Which was fine if I just went in on my own accord, if I plunged a car off a cliff, guaranteed CTD. I had to post my save to some other forum to get someone to complete the mission that requires swimming underwater.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Im moving this month so only handheld gaming for me until Jan. I might finally get Sonic Superstars since its on sale below $40

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1730587560726892883

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*doomguy banging silverware on a table* go ty. go ty. go ty. go ty

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Go thank you

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Never heard of it.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Are these the same people that make that energy drink I've heard so much about?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That’s right, this time there will be a 6 mission chain where you work as a garbage man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adding this video to my GOTY Failures list alongside Gollum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gM-sefYFMs

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can kick any backrooms monster's rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can you do it while saying Cheez-It's as many times as possible to appease The Brand?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Infinitum posted:

little corporate puke, I put a curse on you for this

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Infinitum posted:

I actually gasped

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remembering its been 9 years since Dragon Age Inquisition came out. Its been downhill ever since for Bioware, but I really hope Dragon Age 4 releases next year and is really good. Obviously won't expect it to rise to the level of Baldur's Gate 3, but if it has solid combat, and a beautiful and detailed gameworld, i'll be happy.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What about instead of a giant loving city, the next GTA has a smaller map but all buildings can be entered

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codo27 posted:

What about instead of a giant loving city, the next GTA has a smaller map but all buildings can be entered

I would love this, that is my dream. Actually its gigantic map and huge city, but every building can be entered and is fully populated and looks lived in. This is probably impossible to do, there's no way to do this in a video game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

codo27 posted:

Doing my Great Carnac bit and I see that GTA6 was built around GTA Online functions.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I would love this, that is my dream. Actually its gigantic map and huge city, but every building can be entered and is fully populated and looks lived in. This is probably impossible to do, there's no way to do this in a video game.

Spiderman 2 has that procgen stuff for building interiors but you can't go in them. So maybe it's not all that far off.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I mean Rockstar said that GTA6 has a budget of over a billion so it might be possible

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Yeah thats why I say small map, no current engine would be able to sustain that unless you introduce loading which we also aren't willing to do, so small, lived-in map. Blatant asset reuse has been normalized by the BR genre, and hey, where I live too many homes share the same layouts anyway. But GTA is already hard enough to pull off while making it look half decent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Doing my Great Carnac bit and I see that GTA6 was built around GTA Online functions.

GTA Online introduced a monthly sub free in the last year or two. So i'm worried Rockstar will have learned nothing and GTA6 Online will be just as bad. I've already accepted that i'll just want to play the single player and that is it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Breaking into video game npc's homes is fun when it's like a thoughtful, well-crafted environment, like in the deus exes, I can't imagine a giant gta would benefit all that much from every building being open to you

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I can't imagine why I would want to be able to go into every random building

edit: Shadows of Doubt does the small procgen city with fully explorable everything. It's pretty janky but I had some good fun with it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

I said come in! posted:

GTA Online introduced a monthly sub free in the last year or two. So i'm worried Rockstar will have learned nothing and GTA6 Online will be just as bad. I've already accepted that i'll just want to play the single player and that is it.

Always online. Matchmaking for forced co-op missions. GAAS. Troubling visions of the future.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Jay Rust posted:

Breaking into video game npc's homes is fun when it's like a thoughtful, well-crafted environment, like in the deus exes, I can't imagine a giant gta would benefit all that much from every building being open to you

Goon rushing to post their GTA recreation of Funny Games

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I've never eaten a Cheez-It, not going to start now despite IGN's persuasive 7+ minute argument.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ErrEff posted:

I've never eaten a Cheez-It, not going to start now despite IGN's persuasive 7+ minute argument.

*Slowly munching* not all propaganda is bad ya know

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

There will have to be some changes to the engine and AI for me to be very interested in this iteration of GTAO. The missions were too drat difficult to be much fun from my memory of V. Just fuckin around aimlessly gets old pretty fast.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder if I'll give a poo poo about any of the characters in GTA6. After 5, feels unlikely

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I said come in! posted:

Remembering its been 9 years since Dragon Age Inquisition came out. Its been downhill ever since for Bioware, but I really hope Dragon Age 4 releases next year and is really good. Obviously won't expect it to rise to the level of Baldur's Gate 3, but if it has solid combat, and a beautiful and detailed gameworld, i'll be happy.

I was talking to someone about Dragon Age the other day and I am just baffled that we're still waiting on DA4, despite it being almost a decade since DAI. Is there anyone who actually still loving cares about Dragon Age in TYOODL 2023?

Also why the gently caress have we not seen a Dragon Age Origins remaster at this point? That seems like an easy way to fill a gap in Bioware's very very very empty release schedule.

But also, does anyone have any faith in Bioware to deliver a game that's actually good? I mean, they haven't released a game in years and they haven't released a good game in even longer. I mean, they've only had three game releases in the last decade and they were all bad!

Anthem - 2019
Mass Effect Andromeda - 2017
Dragon Age Inquisition - 2014

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i liked DA:I though.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

yeah DAI was a good game

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i liked DA:I though.

It's okay to like bad games. I like quite a few bad games myself.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I wonder if I'll give a poo poo about any of the characters in GTA6. After 5, feels unlikely

One of my fondest memories of the game was completing one of Michael's missions that involved his jonah hill rear end son and annihilating him with the minigun immediately after it was over.

I dont know what the gently caress they were thinking with IV. V wasn't very good either, why would they think you'd want that guy calling you every 5 seconds? So loving annoying. They've lost sight of how important subtlety is when it comes to satire.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm sure there's still plenty of big dragon age fans out there who're looking forwards to a continuation, but bioware's inexorable decline, combined with the constant switching of key staff around the product and the long development cycle, has given me zero confidence in them actually being able to deliver a title that's anything other than an overbaked mess

they've been bandying about a 2029 target date for ME4 recently and i'm not even confident there will be a bioware around by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Next GTA is the dream of Shenmue fully realized; everyone has little schedules they follow in an impossibly complex web scaled to a small city

Also the protagonist is an exceedingly polite boy