Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Astlibra making a late grab for the best game I've played this year and also best soundtrack

Hatsune Miku is here to jam the gently caress out while you demolish giant robots with a broadsword and a crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd prefer if the Yakuza games would spend less time on the set up. Playing Yakuza 0 again and it's taken an hour to get to the point where you're let off your leash. We're like six games deep, just put me in Kamurocho and let me gently caress around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

1. Wow they didn't cancel this?
2. Holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW2i_Zxa5Ns

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

loving normies

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Normies.....

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
All games should have the director of the game's disembodied floating head, rendered with about as much visual fidelity as the Brain Age guy, ask you if you want to skip the sorta-tutorial-sorta-plot-setup beginning of the game

They have 15 seconds to talk you into not skipping it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Very on the nose for an NFT game to be about an energy crisis

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Livelihood of the cliff potato picker

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

I'd prefer if the Yakuza games would spend less time on the set up. Playing Yakuza 0 again and it's taken an hour to get to the point where you're let off your leash. We're like six games deep, just put me in Kamurocho and let me gently caress around.

Started Yakuza 4 tonight and they were forcing me through a tutorial on how to grab and punch like this was the first time I scuffled with street toughs in Kamurocho.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1740812215249211610

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNprYJNAzBs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pokémon Concierge is the first piece of media that made me think, "I wish that pokémon were real"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thirty year old office ladies need pokemon too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m picturing a version of that holocaust photo of the pony from my little pony with the “now I understand the holocaust” comment, except it’s lechonk and miltank factory farms

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

homeless snail posted:

thirty year old office ladies need pokemon too

Everyone needs a Pokemon :colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd eat a slowpoke tail and I won't apologize for it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hooray i beat a path of exile boss i was really nervous about (the maven) :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gimme a tauros steak

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

got quake on sale and i can't believe it took me this long to play it. what a goddamn good game

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Kerrzhe posted:

hooray i beat a path of exile boss i was really nervous about (the maven) :toot:

Nice! Did you lose many portals to the dumb memory game?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Vermain posted:

got quake on sale and i can't believe it took me this long to play it. what a goddamn good game

The out of nowhere patches for Quake and Quake 2 were so godamn good!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

I thought that’s what Premium Adventure was for :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yeah rip

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I'd eat a slowpoke tail and I won't apologize for it.

I mean, they grow back, and they're so slow, they don't even really feel it. Seems fine.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Feels weird getting halfway decent on a fighting game for once in my life.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought you could eat a whole pokemon so long as you leave the bones and put em in the water overnight, they come back whole the next morning.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nah, that's elk you're thinking of.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

I thought you could eat a whole pokemon so long as you leave the bones and put em in the water overnight, they come back whole the next morning.
If you split up the bones do you get multiple pokemon?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think that's how you end up with a tangle of missingno and unown

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

mutata posted:

Nah, that's elk you're thinking of.

Can confirm this is how elks work.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Saints Row reboot that killed Volition is free on Epic Games Store now, if you, like me, are curious as to how bad/mediocre it is.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

StoryTime posted:

Nice! Did you lose many portals to the dumb memory game?

just one! and no deaths other than that. pretty proud of myself

this league has been really kind to me, the extra juice from the wisps has let me buy gear upgrades i need and i got to level 96 which is my highest ever

i will be really really sad when the league ends and they take away not only the wisps but also the cool af spectre corpses :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bone emulator posted:

The Saints Row reboot that killed Volition is free on Epic Games Store now, if you, like me, are curious as to how bad/mediocre it is.

Claimed, doubt I will ever play it though. I dont care for any modern day open world games right now, nothing feels like it matters until Grand Theft Auto 6 releases. That is all I want right now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

Can confirm this is how elks work.

That reminds me, wasn't there someone around here who was making their own physical version of this, to whatever extent they could at least given the constraints. I remember some prototypes they posted but can't remember if they finished the full deal

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

That reminds me, wasn't there someone around here who was making their own physical version of this, to whatever extent they could at least given the constraints. I remember some prototypes they posted but can't remember if they finished the full deal

i'm reasonably certain they made the set and did a halloween thing with it, i think the inscryption thread proper has some posts from them

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Khanstant posted:

That was actually me!

I did the entire game, including the totems, masks, unrollable maps, some big shears, item bottles, etc. and then ran the game for a few dozen people. I did some substitutions (the candle skull was an alligator skull instead of a human one, the pliers were replaced with a needle people use to draw their blood) but overall it went quite well. When people died I printed them a custom card from a photo, and I also had a bunch of cards I sewed together from the mushroom event and stuff like that. It's almost all gone now, though, distributed to different people. Been thinking of printing up another set of cards and totems.

I took exactly one normal picture of the final product, hah

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 30, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Badass

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just picked up Astral Ascent on a lark, anyone else playing it? It seems really cool. First boss kicked my rear end.

The music seems way way too chill though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Really cool you put that all together, brilliant work!