Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

And Sean Strickland accused her of being a sexual predator who groomed Garry when he was too young to know better, which is way shittier.

request for alex pereira to make one more 185 cut. or just say that all alpha males fight at 205 or something. i want pereira to explode his head again is what i'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i would not have let that continue, old mate was wobbly as gently caress, but i guess i'm not a referee for a reason

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

my avatar strikes again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

now that i know this guy exists i can just read this thread and watch this at the end of the year and it will have covered everything i care about regarding this sport. a straight right thrown at the body turning into a dick punch because the opponent simultaneously threw a flying knee is the hardest i''ve laughed in a long while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09Z4QRNCGZQ

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

oh yeah i forgot to predict that the talent in the ufc over the next few years will explode faster than when GSP learned to jab

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i was wondering how tony was still having a doctor clear him for more brain damage. of course there was a space time rift and filho and tony were speaking to each other

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Will be against Chandler (shocking) at 185lbs

One hundred. And eighty-five pounds.

Unreal.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BJ Penn heard about some karate guy at lhw and went up via 50lbs of burger king. Conor is fighting lightweights at 185 that he used all the steroids to get to.

Lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Brut posted:

has anyone other than conor said that conor is fighting?

actually now that you mention it, fighting chandler at 185 in this light looks like conor trying to get dana to say no to something so he can take his shirt off and scream redly on insta live about no one wanting to fight him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

the likes of pereira would utterly murder him.

this crossed my mind because i like the idea of conor being badly hurt but even literally weighing that and full of all the roids nobody would sanction it