Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If it had been a hand or knee sure but this dude was sat all the way on his rear end before the knee came in. The ref was trying to get in for the ten count as it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Every time I've watched Karate Combat it's been pretty fun. Its a nice change of pace.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The kind of poo poo you have to stoop to when you can't beat good fighters.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

In Colby’s defense, he was so convincing in saying that Usman hadn’t knocked him out that I had to go back to confirm that Usman had, in fact, knocked him out.

MMA call in shows had the most insane people calling after that for a week. One was some like, 19 year old kid I heard call three different places to shriek about the stoppage being early.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You gotta at least make the rounds close for the refs to rob you, idiot.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The guy is a mirror reflection of UFC's fan base (in his views and behavior). They know who they're promoting and why. He's like a power fantasy for ignorant pieces of poo poo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

tremendous fight but why is merab fighting everyone before he becomes champ. my prediction is a repeat of the sterling/yan dynamic, ie that merab crushes the guy who sterling barely beat

Dana is mad he and Sterling wouldn't fight. He also knows Merab would turn O'Malley into a fine paste in the cage so they're gonna stave that off as long as possible.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If slapping your wife multiple times on video won't do it I'm not sure what will then.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Strickland's in the conversation but I wouldn't give it to him. Not just politics, but Imavov and Abus making GBS threads the bed makes those wins a little less than stellar. Beating Izzy's still pretty cool.

Just off the top of my head as far as fighter of the year goes:[list]
[*]Patchy Mix: Dude murdered Raufeon Stots and Sergio Pettis in a single calendar year, come the gently caress on

For me its this or Alex Pereira. Winning two belts in two different weight classes in 365 days in some pretty intense fights? Yeah I think that'll do it. No one else comes close to these two guys though for my money.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean that's a fair take, we're all gonna have some slightly different criteria. In my eyes coming back from that KO and getting right in the mix in a new weight class beating champs/former champs is very impressive from a mental perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:getin: