Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
if the fight happened like three years ago i'd be worried for leon. he was a lot more tentative and colby still had his ugly but really effective pressuring style and the physicality and fearlessness to back it up.

but i think colby has gotten a lot worse, while leon looked incredible against usman. i think colby is gonna get hosed up really bad. i'm also praying for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i downloaded that poo poo lol give me a sec

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
https://streamable.com/5lg7n3

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

FishBowlRobot posted:

Thank you. I was very disappointed the last time I searched YouTube for this and couldn’t find it.

found it

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Sterling at 145 means merab might finally be getting his shot after o’malley gets his vanity defense over chito

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Digital Jedi posted:

Merab and Cejudo are already booked for 298 in Feb

tremendous fight but why is merab fighting everyone before he becomes champ. my prediction is a repeat of the sterling/yan dynamic, ie that merab crushes the guy who sterling barely beat

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
yeah i agree though i don’t think dana has as much power as he seems to. he’s just there to take the the heat while endeavour grind the fighters to dust for pennies. i also think he’s there as a lightning rod when some kind of horrible scandal inevitably engulfs the ufc and they can say, look we fired this giant rear end hole. it’s all good.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

TheKingslayer posted:

If slapping your wife multiple times on video won't do it I'm not sure what will then.

i mean some kind of major organisational scandal linked to deaths or drugs or something, idk. the slapping thing was obviously awful though in america people don’t seem to really care if you beat up women. most of the ufc fanbase definitely didn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
agree with the above and i think pantoja has a really good argument for it too. leon beating usman very decisively in the rematch and then beating colby in an aldo-esque lazy cruise to a decision puts him in the running too.

i don’t really buy the argument for islam. volk is a featherweight with no wins at lightweight and he only very narrowly beat him when they both had full camps, and then beat him again decisively but with a full camp while volk had a week’s notice or whatever it was. islam is incredibly good but other people had better years.