Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

https://x.com/ByYourLogic/status/1731887717015843219?s=20 Karim went on Chapo to talk to Felix all about MMA and sportwashing.

was coming here to post this. fantastic listen

Eat This Glob posted:

sweet! thanks for the head's up.

and a head's up for folks who may have missed it, felix from chapo and jon bois made a fantastic MMA doc that i can't recommend highly enough if you're reading this thread and haven't watched it:

https://youtu.be/-DoaUyMGPWI?si=VEIaEsmQM3ot55p8

also yeah this rules, definite +1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
curious to see how long before they politely ask Sean Strickland to stop calling people the hard got 50 times a presser. kind of amazed Disney hasn't said anything about it. I'm generally all for saying whatever. but I can't believe they are just letting that happen constantly lol. cannot imagine that happening with the n-word or any racial slur.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

guessing that’s “f-ggot”

yeah this one. just kinda strange to hear in a press conference. i mean of course just saying the word pales in comparison to any number of people and places the UFC is either tacitly or openly supporting. but. to repeat: it's just strange to hear at a press conference for a major sport

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Fwiw the UFC does brief their fighters on stuff not to say and not to curse etc but Strickland is mad as a cut snake and he's going to do it anyway.

Dana undoubtedly doesn't care but he's motivated by money as much as anything so it would take the big wigs stepping in to stop it and realistically if they're making money the big wigs probably don't give a poo poo either.

Who knows maybe Strickland will have some kind of awakening or get his head punched in by Duplasse and he'll go away for a while.

ya. kinda curious how many days/months/years we are from someone doing the Strickland routine with the n-word or any other racial slur. gotta figure a second Trump term does it. still at this very moment I would like someone very much to ask Dana what his response would be if that was a racial slur instead of a homophobic one.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 20, 2023