Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

coathat posted:

Watching Brave CF and just saw the Khamzat we have at home get dominated.

Turns out having a cleft palate is the true best base for MMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Stumbling into Sean Strickand’s crib while fleeing a crime has heavy Pulp Fiction vibes.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tangy Zizzle posted:

hearing / reading things that say Garry is out of his fight

I’m trying to catch up on what happened here it’s bizarre. It seems like Strickland called Garry’s attractive, successful wife a sexual predator because of a 14 year age gap and Garry responded by sending him a bunch of DMs threatening to sue Strickland, which Strickland predictably posted. I’m assuming that Garry was brutally dunked on by most of the internet as a result. And now Garry is saying that he is afraid to bring his family to America and has skipped media day. It really seems like an incredibly big L for Garry to give himself even if Strickland is an obnoxious rear end in a top hat.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CommonShore posted:

nah ariel tweeted that garry has pneumonia

That’s much less funny

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
In Colby’s defense, he was so convincing in saying that Usman hadn’t knocked him out that I had to go back to confirm that Usman had, in fact, knocked him out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheKingslayer posted:

MMA call in shows had the most insane people calling after that for a week. One was some like, 19 year old kid I heard call three different places to shriek about the stoppage being early.

I had no idea mma call in shows even existed. They sound like the lowest form of media.

In going back I also completely forgot the crowd was chanting Colby’s name before he got tko’d 🤮

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lmao 185. At least he’s being upfront that he’ll never be competitive for a title again.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Fighting at 185 is such a miserable decision for Conor, too. The guy needed to completely rebuild his style and he spent his time off doing steroids and accruing credible rape allegations. I can’t imagine he has anything for Chandler or any other competent LW with the ability to watch Conor’s second and third fights with Dustin. The move after crashing out of LW relevance would be to move up, but no one will want to see him at welterweight or middleweight if he’s getting sparked by LWs at 185.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lucasar posted:

Steroid UFC is off to a flying start.

I wonder if Conor is thinking MW because Strickland looks like the most beatable champ in a division he can still make weight in? Sorta like how GSP came back mostly because he was pretty confident he could beat Bisping.

I don’t think that Conor has put any more thought into this beyond thinking about how he doesn’t want to cut weight or stop doing steroids. But that said, Strickland may indeed be the best matchup for him of the current champions.

Brut posted:

has anyone other than conor said that conor is fighting?

No.