Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC December - come on and slam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Love how Colby is saying Leon's got no charisma, fully leaning on the crutch of being in fancy dress to even remotely notable and tripping over own his painfully scripted trash talking.

Colby is a draw because there's a definite part of most of us, whether we're willing to admit it or not, that wants to see him get kicked in the brain and lose all ability to speak for the rest of his mortal life because he's a huge piece of poo poo with no redeeming features, and people like that getting annihilated is an eternally attractive prospect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ian Garry vs Geoff Neal is a fight where there are four names but no last names.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Big lol at "Bad taste to say what Colby said but Leon's dad wasn't a good man."

Get wrecked Colby Covington

Yeah a bit of a "not informed of the societal pressure, prejudice and general society's hatred of any carribbean immigrants in London & England" moment.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Colby says the judges were biased against him for being a Trump lover

Versus the

*Checks notes* black foreigner. That can't be right, notes must be wrong

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the ufc's a money laundering ring for fashes so it doesn't really surprise me, but it is mightily disappointing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MMA Fighting giving Sean Strickland fighter of the year because he encapsulates how right-wing 2023 has been and then beat Izzy is a choice. I wish I was.kidding about that first bit.

As opposed to Islam Makhachev who beat Alex in a close fight than sparked him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I mean if it's Strickland's politics that give you pause makachev isn't a better choice.

That being said. He should be fighter of the year.

It's not front and centre of the argument for him or his personality, even though it's highly probable he feels the same (I say in the lieu of hard evidence of him saying X but knowledge of where he's from and company kept. Also not saying that evidence of him being a racist homophobe ain't out there, I just don't make a habit of googling it.).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CarlCX posted:

Otherwise, thanks for another year of whistling through the graveyard of respectability, I appreciate you all, god bless Mark Hunt and literally no one else, and here's to a 2024 that I hope will be better while realistically strapping myself in for some real bullshit.

Our lord and saviour Brutal Bob hung up the gloves, I would vote to canonise him alongside Hunt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RedSky posted:

The idea of Conor fighting at middle weight where his reach, that previously was his huge advantage, is basically completely mediocre is entirely laughable.

I do look forward to any future fights from him. (In the octagon.)

he's not fighting at middleweight though, he's fighting a lightweight at a weight he can feasibly reach because his body is permanently roid bloated. it's a big difference even if it seems a bit nitpicky.
the likes of pereira would utterly murder him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it would be utterly delightful