Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Tangy Zizzle posted:

If I had any money I'd commission you to write a book - basically a collection of all of your posts with a short recap of how the event actually went after each one - with some extra pages for licensed photos of the actual event and the wild things that happened

kind of like an unofficial history of the ufc era from the start of your posts to today

I mean we could start a go fund me...

there have been nonzero leatherbound books made up out of posts on these very forums, so there's precedent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

parthenocarpy posted:

Michael Page is the guy who rolled a pokeball at a KO'd opponent. I can't wait to see him in the octagon

Not just a ko'd opponent, a man who just got kneed so hard his skull broke and ended his career

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

No one is better than Sean O'Connell when it comes to being a nice fighter

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

GTO posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about a fighter sincerely thanking his opponent for not killing him. When he's back on his homestead building a barn 3 days later.

Kind of feels like the gladiatorial combat has somehow become more Roman than it used to be.

i wish we learn enough about gladiators and poo poo to learn what their equivalent of a camouflaged waffle house hat would beo

god what a dogshit snipe

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

A jet lagged, stoned, 3AM list of my most memorable things of the year

• Derrick Lewis with the immediate flying knee KO
  • Robbie Lawler retiring on a beautiful KO
  • TKZ being serenaded off into retirement
  • Grasso taking the back and subbing sevchencko for the belt
  • I'm pretty sure that one dude who had like 7 fights cancelled on him finally fought this year and I'm very proud of him for it
  • oh also the time the really lovely person with horrible opinions got their entire course of their life changed by a punch. lol lmao

TKO, Carl, and all y'all are always making this hell sport enjoyable keep it up pals