Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite MMA story of 2023?
This poll is closed.
The fall of Valentina Shevchenko 3 7.14%
Tom Aspinall's comeback 1 2.38%
Francis Ngannou floors Tyson Fury 34 80.95%
actually boy that one was really great 1 2.38%
honestly you should probably vote for that one 1 2.38%
why are you still reading this 2 4.76%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
One Friday Fights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSA6vqNngBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

fights have been good and violent

Add to that great reffing, commentary, judging, flow, and excitement. So refreshing. Every week it's a treat.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Sean: Bring out the Limp
Buddy: But the Limps sleeping
Sean: Well, I guess you're gonna have to wake him up!

Buddy comes back with Conor in a gimp suit.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Digital Jedi posted:

Holy gently caress
Main event ruled

totally - must watch.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'm calling it now, only 1 of those 7 announced fights will actually happen.

e. lovely snipe

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'm mostly being facetious, but the number of fights that fell through last year/this year seemed quite high. The number of NHL and NFL players that have already been hurt this season is staggering too. Almost feels like bodies just aren't lasting like they used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

TheKingslayer posted:

If slapping your wife multiple times on video won't do it I'm not sure what will then.

Yeah, this. It's almost been a year now, and he's had no punishment other than maybe a slightly scathing TMZ story. As long as the UFC makes it's investors rich at the cost of fighters health, everything is fine from their perspective.

That last sentence applies to just about every "business" right now. As long as *insert org/company here* makes it's investors rich at the cost of *employees/workers* health, everything is fine from their perspective. It's probably always been this way, but for me covid ripped off the blindfold of how you don't matter unless you're making rich people richer.

Back to MMA, I was wondering why Lenne Hardt wasn't doing the fighter intros today - I guess she's getting a polyp on her vocal cords removed. Hopefully she can fully recover as she's a loving icon now.

https://twitter.com/lennehardt/status/1600808897542967296/photo/1