Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Laid off then I had the trip of a lifetime in Japan last year. Spent about $3-4,000 of my severance on it.

Number 1 is get job for this year. I have about 3 months left of unemployment insurance before dipping into my $57,000 cash emergency fund. This should last me about 1.25 years at our current spending.

Then max the Roth.

I don't know where my savings options are after that. Everything else is in stasis, but I think I'm going to be conservative with my maxing savings until I'm another year into paying unemployment. I'll do any match from future employer, but probably keep everything else liquid. If anything I'm pretty much at 100% of my part of a down payment if I don't touch what's left of the e-fund.

My partner is hiking the Appalachian trail this year so it's his year for us.

I have one job interview and potentially another lined up. I really hope it doesn't drag on for a whole year.

Total assets to start this year ~$333,000 with ~$250,000 for retirement. 30 years to ride on it :)

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU