Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

2024 Financial Goals
1. Contribute full amount to 401(k)
2. Set aside max amount for 2025 IRA
3. Set aside $1,200 for vacations
4. Figure out what to do with extra money - This is the first year that I think this might be possible, so I need to figure out what I want to do. I'm going to look into an active brokerage account, but I need to figure out the details.
5. Help Mr. Pipistrelle set up an IRA - Carry over from last year
6. Re-evaluate goals in July

2024 Personal Goals
1. Read 20 books
2. Read 2 career related books
3. Finish 2 crafting projects - I want to replace phone browsing with doing crafts. I have a small cross-stitch project to start, and I’d like to take up knitting.
4. Work out 15 times a month - I'm trying to be more active, hopefully writing this one out will help keep me on track
5. Use standing desk everyday - Same as above, I want to be more active and I'm sitting way too much while working. Hopefully this keeps me on track.
6. Close unused accounts - I have some random 401(k) and HSA accounts that I've moved money out of, just need to close them now
7. Get a will

Edit: Goals locked-in :boom:

Pipistrelle fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

End of January Update

2024 Financial Goals
1. Contribute full amount to 401(k) - Set to auto contribute
2. Set aside max amount for 2025 IRA - $584 of $7000
3. Set aside $1,200 for vacations- $100 of $1,200
4. Figure out what to do with extra money - Currently evaluating what this actually looks like/how much/etc.
5. Help Mr. Pipistrelle set up an IRA

2024 Personal Goals
1. Read 20 books - 3 of 20
2. Read 2 career related books - 0 of 2 - almost done with 1, so I’ll say I’m on track for this one
3. Finish 2 crafting projects - 1 of 2
4. Work out 15 times a month - 13 of 15 - had a bad week which set me back. Hoping to hit this next month.
5. Use standing desk every working day - Meh on this. I started out strong but I think I’m doing something wrong ergonomically cause I ended up with awful headaches the days I did it. So that was fun, I need to figure out what it is I’m doing wrong.
6. Close unused accounts - 2 of 4
7. Get a will

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Good-Natured Filth posted:

There are a million blog posts out there on how to properly use a standing desk (example). Personally, I've found that I need a supportive mat to stand on, otherwise it fucks up my whole back, which can lead to headaches for me. Also for proper ergonomics, a standing desk and your monitor are supposed to be higher than you might think.

YMMV, but good luck figuring it out! I love my standing desk, and it's definitely helped me feel better long-term.

Yeah my first guess is that my monitors are the wrong height. Thank you for the blog link, I’ll go through it and make adjustments. I can always count on goons to point me in the right direction!

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

End of February Update

2024 Financial Goals
2. Set aside max amount for 2025 IRA - $1168 of $7000
3. Set aside $1,200 for vacations- $200 of $1,200
4. Figure out what to do with extra money - Currently evaluating what this actually looks like/how much/etc.

2024 Personal Goals
1. Read 20 books - 6 of 20
2. Read 2 career related books - 0 of 2 - almost done with 1
4. Work out 15 times a month - 7 of 15 - got super stressed at work, and it turns out I stop caring about a lot of stuff when I’m stressed. Maybe in March…
5. Use standing desk every working day - lol
6. Close unused accounts - 3 of 4
7. Get a will

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

End of March Update

2024 Financial Goals
1. Contribute full amount to 401(k) - Set to auto contribute - ish, gonna have to catch up on this one. Had some funkiness happen with my work 401(k) due to them switching financial providers, so we weren’t able to contribute for the month of March. I put the extra from my paychecks into the Roth and vacation goals instead to try and finish them up faster, and will increase my 401(k) contributions for the rest of the year to still max it.
2. Set aside max amount for 2025 IRA - $2267 of $7000
3. Set aside $1,200 for vacations- $1100 of $1,200

2024 Personal Goals
1. Read 20 books - 8 of 20
2. Read 2 career related books - 1 of 2
4. Work out 15 times a month - 11 of 15 - Turns out I’m not great at making myself workout…
5. Use standing desk every working day
7. Get a will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

End of April Update
Financial goals are going well, not a lot of progress made last month for personal goals though.

2024 Financial Goals
2. Set aside max amount for 2025 IRA - $2793 of $7000
3. Set aside $1,200 for vacations- Done

2024 Personal Goals

Not great, my dog’s been sick since January and took a bad turn in April. Couldn’t really bring myself to care about some of these.

1. Read 20 books - 10 of 20
2. Read 2 career related books - 1 of 2
4. Work out 15 times a month - 5 of 15
5. Use standing desk every working day
7. Get a will