Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
2023 was good, thank you market for ending up with a higher NW than when we started. I don't actually know what we spent because I wasn't tracking it through the year and apparently Mint is gone now? What are you all using to track income/expenses? (don't say by hand, Amazon pays me for every country it services and I'm not doing it by hand)

Goals for 2024:
All year:
- Read 120 books
- Set up at least one dinner party/game night with friends each month
- One date night each month
- Substitute teach for 10+ days

Winter:
- Finish final touches on music room (acoustic art, hallway floor, acoustic curtains)
- Get quotes for remodeling the kitchen
- Install shelving for the pantry

Spring
- Do a pumpkin-heavy garden
- Finish remodeling the back bedroom (buy furniture, repaint)
- Spring cleaning
- Paint the back of the house

Summer
- Stain the deck
- Powerwash and paint the front concrete
- Redo the outside area to be more of an art zone
- Run neighborhood Sunday night bonfires
- Have a kickass 40th birthday party :toot:

Fall
- Have a kickass 10th anniversary celebration :toot:
- Go balls to the wall for Halloween decorations
- Get Christmas stuff done in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Thanks! I'll be sure to stop by. I did not care for "The Expectant Father" by Brott - can't really recall why at this point, it was one of the early books I read. Did "What to Expect," the Emily Oster stuff (hilarious econ brained poo poo but some useful stuff), "Bringing up Bebe" (interesting, Druckerman is an annoying narrator), and "Brain Rules for Baby" (which I liked quite a bit).
I really liked Hunt, Gather, Parent as a chill counterpart to most of the parenting books.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

March update:

Goals for 2024:
All year:
- Read 120 books - at #22, on track. Best one so far was Young Children Reinvent Arithmetic because I love learning about math-specific ECE epistemology
- Set up at least one dinner party/game night with friends each month - o poo poo forgot about this one.
- One date night each month - ya, escape rooms are the best dates
- Substitute teach for 10+ days - subbed three days so far this year

Winter:
- Finish final touches on music room (acoustic art, hallway floor, acoustic curtains) - did the acoustic curtains, gotta put up the acoustic art, have not done the hallway floor
- Get quotes for remodeling the kitchen - done!
- Install shelving for the pantry - going to be included with the kitchen remodel

Spring
- Do a pumpkin-heavy garden
- Finish remodeling the back bedroom (buy furniture, repaint) - already finished this one, woo!
- Spring cleaning
- Paint the back of the house
- Run neighborhood Sunday night bonfires

Summer
- Stain the deck
- Powerwash and paint the front concrete
- Redo the outside area to be more of an art zone
- Have a kickass 40th birthday party :toot:

Fall
- Have a kickass 10th anniversary celebration :toot:
- Go balls to the wall for Halloween decorations
- Get Christmas stuff done in November

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Good-Natured Filth posted:

I'm sure this means you had read Beowulf out loud to your baby, but I'm imagining a rewrite of the story with Beowulf as a baby the whole time. (Which is kinda the premise of Bea Wolf - an awesome graphic novel retelling of Beowulf from a kids' imagination.)
I got my daughter this book and she loves it and I loved reading it to her, fantastic art. The history of Beowulf at the end is also super interesting.