Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
6. Tactical Nexus
A simulation of what its like to be the time cube guy. Its brain melting. You feel crazy. Its fantastic. It’s iceberg Youtubes in game form. You will become feral. You are a vessel for the voice of gods, Cassandra. You will speak truth but no one will believe you. Only started playing, would rank higher otherwise.

5. Mechabellum
Steel balls go brrrrr. Best autobattler in the biz.

4. Void Rains Upon Her Heart
Queer alien bullet hell. One of the best games ever made. But this is a list for 2023 and not all time so only gets fourth here.

3. Misericorde Volume One
Murder mysteries. Nuns. Homosexuality. These are all things I love. Also has good music.

2. My Time At Sandrock
Jesus Christ, how is this game this good? Like have you played My Time At Portia? That game was so loving bland. This is on the other hand is charming and funny. Biggest improvement I ever seen from a sequel? I still neat to beat it but honest to god this might be the best in the genre. Its only real competition for me at this point is Rune Factory 4.

1. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children
The greatest SRPG of all time. The greatest video game of all time? Its up there. Don’t trust people who dislike this game, they are not your friends, and incapable of human emotions like love. This game has it all. Complex systems. Intrigue. Pets. Gay subtext. Dance Dance Revolution inspired mechanics. Deep politics. Prison reform. Play this game. Play this game. Play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mysticblade posted:

• Troubleshooter - sorry snooze, i keep forgetting to go back to this

my blade is stayed for now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
BG3 would win but secretly we would all look back in five years and be like "hmm, yeah DE was the better game" in our hearts of hearts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

same but also

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
bless every fmv detective game that comes out till the end of time, truly doing heaven's work

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Top 5 things I listened to while playing video games

5. Revolutions

Mike Duncan's follow up to his History of Rome podcast. I get confused by all the names while playing video games. Bolivar was a fascinating guy tho.

4. Trueanon

Great podcast! One of my favorites. But the subject matter is often much darker than the fun times you are having with pixel people while listening, creating a dissonance. But still if you want to learn about JFK conspiracies while playing Tiny Rogues, good choice! Brace mentions metal gear a lot.

3. The Mountain Goats, Jordan Lake Sessions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Se76S0XH-I
My favorite band ever! I love the Jordan Lake sessions! Everyone who has ever been sad loves the Mountain Goats. In this song in particular John mentions playing video games which is why I picked it for this post.

2. Hollywood Handbook

The funniest podcast that is impossible to recommend to people.

1. Song of Achilles

A retelling of the Trojan wars from the perspective of Patroclus. It focuses on his romance with Achilles, yay homosexuality! I think homosexuality is neat. Achilles is really good at killing, so you might feel a kinship with him if you play this while playing one of those vampire survivors type of games.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Misericorde has an insane amount of tracks too and is just going to get even more with later volumes. Probably the most Umineko like aspect of it, even more than the murder mystery stuff, lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Troubleshooter Abandoned Children conspiracy will get the game into the top 10 one of these years... Just wait and see... Maybe when the sequel comes out...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kerrzhe posted:

I have skepticism of sandrock cause I bounced off of Portia really hard…

Snooze Cruise posted:

Like have you played My Time At Portia? That game was so loving bland. This is on the other hand is charming and funny. Biggest improvement I ever seen from a sequel? I still neat to beat it but honest to god this might be the best in the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am banning everyone who posts on this page