Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ineffiable posted:

10:Sayonara Wild Hearts

What can I say? This music game just really impressed me and touched me a little bit. It was fun going after all the trophies/achievements as I had to replay the various stages in different ways. I have never played a music game as well put together and visually impress me as much as this did.

I play it every year and love it more. Just a perfect little package. Can't wait for their new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Phenotype posted:

Armored Core 6 - Man, I really gotta go back and play more of this. I got stuck on Balteus pre-nerf,

Oh poo poo, that guy got nerfed? Had to put the game down because I didn’t have enough time to devote to it but that’s certainly where I got stuck too! And it was such a bummer because the aesthetics are so awesome in that fight. Sounds like we both need to go back

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Keeping it stripped down this year.

5. Diablo IV
I have no envy for whatever balance the devs are having to strike between poopsockers and common folk, but I played the campaign once and thought it was awesome. The art direction is magnificent and the action is taut. The cutscene at the game’s climax in Hell is the best one Blizzard has ever made, which is saying something given that they’ve been practically unrivaled at it since I was a kid.

4. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
New Super Mario has been buried somewhere near the earth’s core; our anguish is at an end. The game world’s greatest champion of movement has regained the crown. Bow your heads, and hold right.

3. Elden Ring
I won’t belabor this; you’re familiar with Elden Ring. I still haven’t become Elden Lord, but if I’ve learned anything about From games, maybe not finishing the game is the truest path of all. Besides, I haven’t even done all the weird poo poo the NPCs keep vaguely mentioning. Most importantly, Astel Naturalborn of the Void is my favorite From boss ever.

2. Humanity
To be honest I spent this whole year thinking this game was much more popular than this thread has indicated. To me it’s got blissfully perfect puzzling accentuated with just the right amount of breezy existential storytelling. The rivers of people at the heart of the game never stop being a captivating sight.

1. Marvel’s Midnight Suns
I’m close to embarrassed at how much I loved this game. Sure, the core deck-building/card-playing mechanics are expertly designed. And yes, your superhero pals look and sound extremely cool in action. And I suppose it was wonderful to create a central character so goofy-looking (^^^) that everything he does on screen is hilarious. And of course, it was a relief that the story and dialogue were well-written in spite of modeling themselves off my least favorite movies on the planet. But then, dear reader, there were the friendships. Who could forget the book club chats, the spa sessions, or that time we threw a birthday party for Magick when she really didn’t want one? It’s just a delight that Firaxis devoted enough time to this aspect of the game to make it shine. Midnight Suns is as good as it gets.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Just want to shout out my Midnight Suns brothers and sisters and commend you for shooting that bad boy up the ranks in a year it didn't even come out. Peace