Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
…after which, with truly world-historical chutzpah, he claims that Netflix should also pay him an additional $14 million.

I can only assume that his demand for payment ends with the phrase, “Why? Because gently caress you, that’s why.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

that's crazy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

that's crazy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's like 4% of the amount of money GTA6 is going to make in thirty days OP

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
And that showrunner's name was Albert Einstein.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

General Dog posted:

And that showrunner's name was Albert Einstein.

Seriously, that is a truly amazing grift/mental breakdown. Assuming he got to keep the luxury cars and “couture clothing” that he bought with Netflixbucks. Or hell, even if he didn’t… He got to enjoy them for a while, and somehow is not in jail as a result.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol "Chicken Butt"

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is this the guy who lost all of the studio's money and then made it back on Dogecoin

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

EorayMel posted:

That's like 4% of the amount of money GTA6 is going to make in thirty days OP

possibly even less

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyway. thanks for sharing op

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
A recruiter for Netflix sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a Quality Assurance Manager role in their Netflix Video Games division.

I was unaware Netflix had a games division. What the gently caress

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

A recruiter for Netflix sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a Quality Assurance Manager role in their Netflix Video Games division.

You should take the job, apparently their business model is to just hand people money, and then use the honor system for how it gets spent. You could make a killing in crypto!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Crypto bro a charlatan? Oh my! This is a new development, generally the bitcoin world is filled with honest, well meaning people who just want to get rich doing nothing while participating in a system built on money laundering and child abuse.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

:rip:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

they should have given that money to me imo

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Like how they illustrate the story with a Netflix DVD envelope like it's 2005.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Look at this guy going speed crazy from vyvanse instead of good old fashioned crystal meth.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lister posted:

Look at this guy going speed crazy from vyvanse instead of good old fashioned crystal meth.

would've at least had more fun with the good poo poo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like when netflix people suffer

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The sheer size of this gif is awe-inspiring

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
this seems completely fine yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol "Chicken Butt"

What what ?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

bradzilla posted:

that's crazy

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

HonorableTB posted:

They licensed a ton of old indie games on mobile. No IAP for Netflix members :woop:

There's like 5 pages of games like this in the Google app store

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Good for him

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

drat, when i have a manic episode I just buy a pair of shoes

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
King poo poo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

In the corporate and finance world you due diligence the poo poo out of the people involved before you entrust them with $55m. Coked up showrunners, sexual predator actors, pedophile tweet directors are things you find out before you sign the contract. Hollywood does things a different way :shrug:

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Also the show’s premise sounded tired as gently caress. Like you’re going to improve on Blade Runner and/or The Mitchells Vs The Machines? I think not!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Vegetable posted:

In the corporate and finance world you due diligence the poo poo out of the people involved before you entrust them with $55m. Coked up showrunners, sexual predator actors, pedophile tweet directors are things you find out before you sign the contract. Hollywood does things a different way :shrug:

Yeah, they hire all those people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vegetable posted:

lol let's not remotely pretend this poo poo isn't happening in the corporate or finance world

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

quote:

Trouble surfaced almost immediately during shoots in Budapest. Rinsch displayed increasingly erratic behavior, allegedly staying awake for days on end, hurling objects around set, and accusing his wife and co-creator Gabriela Rosés Bentancor of plotting to murder him. Multiple insiders raised concerns Rinsch had become dependent on ADHD medication Vyvanse.

Rosés described Rinsch deteriorating mentally over months of production delays. At one point he fixated on imaginary “organic intelligent forces” represented by passing airplanes. He also claimed to have mapped coronavirus signals within the earth’s core.

By March 2020, Rinsch had blown through $44 million of Netflix’s upfront commitment. When he returned cap-in-hand for another cash infusion, the company reluctantly transferred $11 million more. Rinsch promptly sunk almost $6 million into speculative biotech stock bets, which he lost. Later, as crypto markets rallied, he would credit God and crypto when his Dogecoin moonshot cashed out at $27 million.

i'm only like 50% as crazy and stupid as this guy and i have all kinds of dumb scifi ideas why isn't anyone giving me $44 millions of dollars

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol let's not remotely pretend this poo poo isn't happening in the corporate or finance world
It absolutely happens, but when it happens it was either a known risk (SoftBank’s hugely speculative investments) or a systemic failure in due diligence (1MDB scandal).

In Hollywood due diligence is not even a thing. It’s a nuts way to manage dozens or hundreds of millions of dollars.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Earwicker posted:

quote:

the company reluctantly transferred $11 million more.

Netflix deserved this, and it's very funny

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Smugworth posted:

They licensed a ton of old indie games on mobile. No IAP for Netflix members :woop:

There's like 5 pages of games like this in the Google app store

Huh, TIL. Still wouldn't work there though.

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
this rules

would love to read about the meeting where Netflix gave $11m extra with zero regard to where the rest of the money had gone. maybe they'll make a Netflix documentary about it one day

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Absolutely loving king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Earwicker posted:

i'm only like 50% as crazy and stupid as this guy and i have all kinds of dumb scifi ideas why isn't anyone giving me $44 millions of dollars

loving same.

This is why you don't let people without ADHD take ADHD meds. How do you even get a Vyvanse dependency? Isn't Vyvanse a pro-drug?