Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I thought vyvanses whole thing was it wasn't readily abused lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

"unabusable stimulant" is a load of pharma marketing horseshit on the level of "oxycontin is less likely to be abused because it's small, pure, fast-acting doses!"

vyvanse is a prodrug that turns into dextroamphetamine

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

62 mil and he went for loving vyvanse? not coke? or even building a meth production to get that amphetamine high without getting something legal but, illegally getting it(I'm guessing)?

MrQwerty posted:

"unabusable stimulant" is a load of pharma marketing horseshit on the level of "oxycontin is less likely to be abused because it's small, pure, fast-acting doses!"

vyvanse is a prodrug that turns into dextroamphetamine

oxy is great to snort. I could totally see wanting to do it on a regular basis. vyvanse replaced aderall that replaced ritalin... all just amphetamines. the same high as meth. pharma is always on that bullshit to cash up with marketing lies.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Vyvanse is fun, I thought the non abuse thing was like it didn't work right if you put it up your nose instead of ingesting it or something

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

Vyvanse is fun, I thought the non abuse thing was like it didn't work right if you put it up your nose instead of ingesting it or something

it's a prodrug, so it only turns into dextroamphetamine as fast as your body can break the l-lysine amino acid off the dextroamphetamine molecule in metabolism, and putting it up your nose is going to be real diminishing returns on that front due to loss
it still gets you high as gently caress on dextroamphetamine

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Idk that's what my roommate who had a script for it told me at least, we just crushed it up and parachuted it (in a non abusive fashion)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nooner posted:

Idk that's what my roommate who had a script for it told me at least, we just crushed it up and parachuted it (in a non abusive fashion)

you're the reason why there's a crippling adderall shortage rn

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Been saying nooner has to be stopped for a -while- now.

he is however very fast

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Vyvanse slows it down, but you're still getting yeeted on dextroamphetamine all the same with the side effects and behavior that comes with.

Disclosure: I'm an ADHD enjoyer and have an Rx for the instant release regular adderall.

At least he's not on the SBF cocktail. That definitely came about from a guy with too much internet, speed, and money to find the most bespoke stim cocktail I've ever loving heard of in my life.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

skooma512 posted:

At least he's not on the SBF cocktail. That definitely came about from a guy with too much internet, speed, and money to find the most bespoke stim cocktail I've ever loving heard of in my life.

I love that the pharma-kinetics of that drug is such that if you wear the patches for more than a month, you need to wear them for the rest of your life, lest you be subjected to the slowest and most godawful withdrawals imaginable, while having brain chemistry more hosed up than a psych patient whose lithium ran out.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Y'all are making me not look forward to the fact I still have to call my psych and tell him to taper me off of benzos.

My next actual appointment isn't until January.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Earwicker posted:

i'm only like 50% as crazy and stupid as this guy and i have all kinds of dumb scifi ideas why isn't anyone giving me $44 millions of dollars

same and I'm also a lot cheaper than 44 mil

I don't care about crypto or expensive cars, my idea of the high life is being able to go to a mexican restaurant once a week

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

so what exactly happens to the guy in a situation like this like does he have to work off his $55 million debt to netflix in the mailroom at corporate or is it just a writeoff and this dude will continue bouncing from hotel to hotel until another studio hands him several million dollars for no reason?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Earwicker posted:

so what exactly happens to the guy in a situation like this like does he have to work off his $55 million debt to netflix in the mailroom at corporate or is it just a writeoff and this dude will continue bouncing from hotel to hotel until another studio hands him several million dollars for no reason?

I think it depends partly on state law? Like in my state I don't think it's legally possible to sue someone to collect on a debt or make them work it off.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Earwicker posted:

they will have him beheaded as the climax of the impending hulu documentary

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

I. M. Gei posted:

I think it depends partly on state law? Like in my state I don't think it's legally possible to sue someone to collect on a debt or make them work it off.

In mine it's not really enforceable. You'd have to file something to show their income and get to collect, but if you aren't stalking them then you can't really do much when they make money.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

cumpantry posted:

they will have him beheaded as the climax of the impending hulu documentary

ok, i take it back. the guy makes incredible tv

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lol

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
The thing about vyvanse is if you take enough to get high you start pissing brown liquid. I think thats pretty much the anti-abuse mechanism.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

Y'all are making me not look forward to the fact I still have to call my psych and tell him to taper me off of benzos.

My next actual appointment isn't until January.

Do you have any hackneyed streaming show ideas? Pitch one to Netflix, you may be able to stay high forever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

A recruiter for Netflix sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a Quality Assurance Manager role in their Netflix Video Games division.

I was unaware Netflix had a games division. What the gently caress

yeah if you have a netflix subscription you can get Into the Breach or Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon on your phone with it

or some trash

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Fighting Elegy posted:

The thing about vyvanse is if you take enough to get high you start pissing brown liquid. I think thats pretty much the anti-abuse mechanism.

Drink while you use amphetamines. that's a clear dehydration sign. Crack thems into gatorade or something.

naem
May 29, 2011

Earwicker posted:

now that this guy has $55 million he is rich and you can’t hold rich people accountable

it’s the perfect crime

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nutflix

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

Huh, TIL. Still wouldn't work there though.

I vaguely recall hearing that they have an absolutely insane cultlike corporate culture and do stuggle sessions or some poo poo but can’t find anything on it

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

A recruiter for Netflix sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a Quality Assurance Manager role in their Netflix Video Games division.

I was unaware Netflix had a games division. What the gently caress
Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode is on Netflix. The one with Patton Oswalt.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 7, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bouillon Rube posted:

I vaguely recall hearing that they have an absolutely insane cultlike corporate culture and do stuggle sessions or some poo poo but can’t find anything on it

Okay I'd LOVE to hear more about this.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bouillon Rube posted:

[struggle] sessions

Huh?

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Croccers posted:

Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode is on Netflix. The one with Patton Oswalt.

uh, isn't like a third of the internet Minecraft let's plays? what fuckdumb thinks spending money for minecraft videos is a thing when it's like half of youtube? I guess it might not be anymore, but that makes it less worth making a big project out of. ffs, the game was like 15bux when I got it and great that they made so much money they, as a team, can't even shoot a load on every thousand dollars they made.... but really, who the gently caress wants a minecraft show that already hasn't watched the infinity of minecraft videos?

gently caress you Telltale. You piecemealing assbags. sell a game for $20 and not 5 $6 parts, what the real rear end gently caress is wrong with you that you just are so loving greedy and won't let a good grift go?

Sorry, to everyone that had to read that. I apologize for you having to have had read it, but not for my point.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yet they keep cancelling anything actually made.

Nutflix indeed.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

nesamdoom posted:

uh, isn't like a third of the internet Minecraft let's plays? what fuckdumb thinks spending money for minecraft videos is a thing when it's like half of youtube? I guess it might not be anymore, but that makes it less worth making a big project out of. ffs, the game was like 15bux when I got it and great that they made so much money they, as a team, can't even shoot a load on every thousand dollars they made.... but really, who the gently caress wants a minecraft show that already hasn't watched the infinity of minecraft videos?

well i mean, it looks like a completely different thing than a let's play?

it's a fiction show with recognizeable celebs voice acting characters, and it uses minecraft assets. thats not quite the same thing as watching a youtube video of some rando 12 year old building stuff in minecraft and narrating what they are doing, which is what most minecraft videos on youtube are. neither one appeals to me personally but they seem like they are for slightly different audiences, this one specifically being more for patton oswald fans i guess.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

what the real rear end gently caress

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I remember when Minecraft Story Mode was just gonna be a story campaign added as a way to teach people how to play up through entering the End and killing the Ender Dragon. I haven't played Minecraft since I was on a goon server here called Insert Coin(s) back in like 2011-2012 though.

Didn't the Yogs crew start here too? Ye Olde Goon Squad and somehow it metamorphosized into Yogscast or whatever and it got bad

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

minecraft is dumb and sucks

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I. M. Gei posted:

minecraft is dumb and sucks

yep, always has

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So is this guy the reason we can’t share Netflix in different houses anymore

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look I think it's important to remember the moral of this story, if you steal millions of dollars from a multi-nation corporation, you'll have a loving excellent time and suffer no consequences.

I wonder if I could sell Netflix a eight part big budget mini series about a cool dude and their cool friends who do just that.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For real though, I wanna hear more about Netflix being an abusive cult company. What's going on there?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Look I think it's important to remember the moral of this story, if you steal millions of dollars from a multi-nation corporation, you'll have a loving excellent time and suffer no consequences.

I wonder if I could sell Netflix a eight part big budget mini series about a cool dude and their cool friends who do just that.

It's too late now, Netflix is basically running out of cash nowadays.

Like all grifts if you're hearing about it it's because it dried up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Six years ago south park was mocking netflix for greenlighting everything. Today they get poo poo on for cancelling everything. All of that stuff never should have been made in the first place.