Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:eyepop:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

all the canadian ones because canada knew they would never get the ones that matched their city names so they tried to be cute and picked the least desirable letters instead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

page 69 snyper

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

YVR

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

XTA

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

about to fly over the atlantic again, there wasn’t any wifi on the way here so this is the best i can do

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ive been on flights with wifi but ive never wanted to use the wifi on a flight. its a great excuse to do something other than computer

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

fart simpson posted:

ive been on flights with wifi but ive never wanted to use the wifi on a flight. its a great excuse to do something other than computer

On a flight right now on the wifi not doing anything better with my time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

On a flight right now on the wifi not doing anything better with my time

your supposed to bring a book. or at least a kindle

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

your supposed to bring a book. or at least a kindle

I read books at home, right now I’m uncomfortable and my skin feels dry from the recycled air and my baby is asleep for the moment so all I wanna do is post post post :f5h:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

books at home:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

:hmmyes:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

books at home:

fart is finally a father, congrats

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

chilling in the airport lounge waiting for our connecting flight home

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

loungeposting from YYZ airside US departures

place is packed but there’s power so that I can play balatro without reducing my ability to play balatro on the flight

also, chips and salsa and beer, don’t mind if I do

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

posting from the runway, goodbye budapest

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I'm above the Tasman on my way to Melbourne for a year or two (or maybe more if things work out). looking forward to nobody understanding my accent and having some awesome shiraz and greek food while getting swooped by magpies

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m on an airnz a320 flying from auckland to wellington. thank you airbus for not being boeing

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i need to change my return via auckland to have a longer layover because im planning to check a bag on the return trip and 2 hours layover isn't gonna be enough time for: hour+ waiting for bag pickup + hour+ in customs line + 20 mins walking through three parking lots to get to the auckland domestic terminal

but ive got some knipex pliers waiting at an amazon locker that are gonna be worth the hassle checking a bag on the way back

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there’s an over representation of kiwis in the mile high thread (even post echi, rip brotha) and we need this addressed asap

where my non-kiwi brothers at?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
do you even need to fly from island to island, it's just a little swim that's all

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hello from the runway of SFO->YYZ, a flight I have taken easily 30 times. hoping they serve the meal right after takeoff because the snacks in the lounge weren’t appealing

we’re running late because our flight crew was delayed by SF’s St Patrick’s Day parade (or prep therefor)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

starting a 12h flight in a bit

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

did you know?: for more inflation, blow into the mouthpiece

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i had seen that demonstration so many times before that i fully zone out and listen to music and read a book while the flight attendants are doing it, only now i've been doing that for so long that when push came to shove i might not remember lmao

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
left LGA, thank god their terminal is done. it[s real nice

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

spankmeister posted:

i had seen that demonstration so many times before that i fully zone out and listen to music and read a book while the flight attendants are doing it, only now i've been doing that for so long that when push came to shove i might not remember lmao

nz rules are that you gotta take off your headphones when the video is goin and the crew will totally call you out on it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hed posted:

left LGA, thank god their terminal is done. it[s real nice

apparently the redesign process was quite interesting. they had a team that didn't come from an airport background, and they did a bunch of pre-opening tests with friends and family who were given tasks like "get to gate N, then find a washroom" to see how the signage and such worked

there was a good article about it that I can't find right now...

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

at the airport hours before a flight, waiting for checkin to open

strong dad energy here rn

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

at the airport hours before a flight, waiting for checkin to open

strong dad energy here rn

i was doing this a while back and a boomer type guy wearing jorts and boat shoes came over all friendly like to me and my wife. i instantly pegged him as a tedious right wing bore and the moment he found out we were from wellington he started going on and on about the ‘loony greens’ so I just got the hell out of there. my wife humoured him more but sheesh

airport lounges should operate on urinal rules, look straight ahead, pretend you saw nothing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol i dunno that’s pretty weird

i’m no surprise fairly introverted and have no real problem striking up conversations at the airport. like, it’s a public place full of people, that’s normal

but also i don’t mind cutting conservatives and going elsewhere either. worth the risk

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

welp ive now done this flight frequently enough that i recognize one of the crew this time

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Progressive JPEG posted:

welp ive now done this flight frequently enough that i recognize one of the crew this time

yeah, I did the same YYZ<->SFO flight pair about 20 times in one year and I knew I had to reconsider my life choices when the flight crew started greeting me by name as I boarded

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i took a flight today. thanks for asking

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

How was it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

arms tired?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ADINSX posted:

How was it?

it was ok. the first domestic flight ive been on with seat back screens and movies and i watched an indian movie about feminism that was p good. but then we had to take one of those buses from the plane into the airport proper. u win some u lose some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

arms tired?

no