Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thankfully Mordred was busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know Coolguy's stumbled onto people posting pics and memes of Fate Musashi on discord in the past but never with any context (because most of the people already familiar with Fate wouldn't need that extra context) so basically, CG just saw a vaguely familiar pink-haired swordswoman wearing probably more clothes than he's ever seen her in, given the popularity of her summer bikini costume, and his brain had about five seconds to catch up before he realized what just happened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm still laughing at Ina Hololive trying hard not to be spoiled on Samurai Remnant only to do some new years pulls in FGO

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah tofu does own, thank you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We do live in a golden age of tea

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguy's two guesses thus far were the most natural one could have without context, I think

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Boss getting pissed off at counterfeits is funny to me on multiple levels, both with regards to familiarity with Fate and also when I consider his source culture

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ah Mysterious Heroine X, the objectively best Saberface by virtue of wanting to murder all the others.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Yep, I rolled my eyes at it because the old VNs like that are such a staggering undertaking and I didn't see an upside to doing it when the Fate franchise already had so much support they DIDN'T have to pay for from fans. There's lots of reasons to go back and do it regardless, but if your goal is money, it wouldn't even be in your top 5 things to do. Maybe not even your top 10.

And, well, here we are. I'd be dramatic about it, but if the universe keeps wanting to prove me wrong on my thorny cynicism I'll keep up the curmudgeonly streak for the good of humanity. I'm enjoying the precepts of this game enough that I'm pretty liable to pick up FSN when it comes out, though that depends on what else is going on in my life when it does.

Actually, while we're on the topic, does anyone have an approximate word count for FSN? I kinda want to compare it to Umineko, which I am... still rather enjoying being dragged through from a setbuilding perspective, but the sheer deluge of WORDS in that loving thing makes me want to stab myself sometimes.

ryukishi07 is a bad writer who happens to also be a fun writer and you'll have to sit through dozens of pages on cat boxes and devil's proofs and whatever else his word of the day calendar tosses out at him in order to get to the good stuff (it's very good)

FSN does have the advantage of full fan translations proving there's an audience for it and a definitive all-ages version to work with, the rest is actually just doing the dang thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that kinda sword sounds like it could be a problem

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

l a r g e

b u d d h a

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

nevermind that, now I'm also thinking about rice and it's hours before sun up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

-Rogue Lancer, canonically, despises hotdogs. Not that he dislikes the taste, it's just that he's under a mystical geas to never consume dog, and nobody ever fully explained to him that "hotdog" isn't an accurately descriptive name. Yeah, this is the sort of franchise where this sort of thing has come up once.

-While it might seem strange that Archer wouldn't recognize Servant Cao Cao right in front of him, it is not uncommon for Servants to look wildly different from how they looked in life, partly from a Servant usually only containing and highlighting certain aspects of a Hero's legend, and partly from being warped by later mythology distorting peoples' perception of them. There's some WILD looking Servants out there, which I won't give examples of in case they get selected for the Guess the Hero segment later.

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Musashi understands the gender assignment

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i hate this

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jeanne D'ark.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unlimited Blade Works jokes are only funny when applied to stuff outside of the Fate franchise but this still needs to be said:

Unlimited Boat Works

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Is Doomguy an Archer or a Berserker?

yes

the real answer is Servant classes are fake you just get summoned for whatever slot needs you and someone, somewhere, will bend the logic to make it fit somehow. Musashi famously wrote a book the one time, looking forward to seeing Caster Musashi somewhere down the line

"you are huge, that means you have huge guts"

that's a poem, a veritable classic of literature. congrats Caster Doomguy,

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Space Ishtar

Goddess Snarkly
Tomboy Startarts
Avenger Laserbeef
Ishtarin Yourbase
Farm Spacily
Bounty Huntshtar
Becky Twintails
Honey Momoney
Rin (Derogatory)
Boots Cowgirl

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As an aside it was a real eye-opener learning that Leonidas is supposed to be pronounced "Lay-ON-ee-duss." Or that Eureka is "Ay-yu-rek-ah."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Draga posted:

Wasn't that how they pronounced Eureka's name in Eureka Seven?

Amusingly enough, yes.

Turns out you can eliminate a lot of ambiguity with a syllabry as a built-in pronunciation guide and aren't working with the centuries of Latinization baggage that English speakers just have to hold. There's other glitches with the fact that the Japanese syllabry doesn't 100% map perfectly but it's pretty close.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Look, I'm 100% sure there is a Holy Grail War where the observer was a fair and impartial figure with no ulterior motives, just let me check...

Edit: oh. dear god. oh lord. it's worse than i thought.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/tarutaruiiigo/status/1792469769838584067

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

How does the big guy in a coat from Melty Blood figure into this? That's the only Fate-adjacent thing I know anything about.

That's a different Nero, different guy. He got that dog in him. And that dog, and the other dog, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you have to ask who let the dogs out

it's him, it's always him