Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Huh, BG3 is out on Xbox now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Why did I even hope

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeXatquVqAc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's a contrabass flute

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Grapplejack posted:

i'm so glad spiderman got nothing
Spider-Man 2 was a blast to play and so, so pretty

but it's also chopped down so harshly that you can see the missing spaces

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

actual lesson to be learned: the audience for single player games with a beginning, middle, and end that don't try to turn themselves into a second job except you pay to work there has never and will never go away, and players will reward excellent writing and a team that goes above and beyond due to genuine passion for the work being done

lesson game execs will learn: license more RPG systems

I eagerly await the Wisher Theurgist Fatalist video game (it already exists as text adventure)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Grapplejack posted:

i'm so glad spiderman got nothing

lol I just realized this. They had people from the studio there representing too, loving brutal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lots of really good games to put on my Steam Wishlist tonight.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Spider-Man 2 was a blast to play and so, so pretty

but it's also chopped down so harshly that you can see the missing spaces

it's a fine game, but it's very, very unremarkable imo. And that's the worst thing you could be this year. They had no loving chance because there were so many incredible releases

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1732974798035091521

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Baldurs Gate 3 did what BotW(edit) did, which is create brand new gamers. I was at a serious business conference and people were discussing BG3 at the dinner. It was so clearly and obviously the winner because of this very core element

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Lots of really good games to put on my Steam Wishlist tonight.

I liked the part where Sega announced 5 games at once.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

2023 has been a real loving good year to be a gamer.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Infinitum posted:

They should make a new Dreamcast to go with them

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They should make a new Dreamcast to go with them
I genuinely thought that 5 games ad was for a Dreamcast Classic until they specified that no, these were new games

they should still make a Dreamcast Classic but only if they can get the licenses unfucked for MvC2

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Congratulations to Larian for the W.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Hey guys I popped out for a minute and just got back.

So how good was Todd's acceptance speech for GOTY?

you might want to sit down to hear this

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The games I got most hyped for were both in the preshow. gently caress yeah Pony Island 2 and more Golden Idol

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Silksong is just hanging out with Metroid Prime 4.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://twitter.com/CatalystNB/status/1732975169856000005

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lots of cool stuff, but a good chunk of the middle all blends together in my memory, lots of just stark, grey sci-fi shooting games. I'm pumped for the new Mana game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ymgve posted:

The games I got most hyped for were both in the preshow. gently caress yeah Pony Island 2 and more Golden Idol

i'm always up for another mullins joint, especially if it's got prozd in a leading role

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I made that last June when it showed up at (I think) E3 as part of Nintendo's Indies thing.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

:gowron:

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Lmfao

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

fadam posted:

Lots of cool stuff, but a good chunk of the middle all blends together in my memory, lots of just stark, grey sci-fi shooting games. I'm pumped for the new Mana game.

Same. Art style looked great for the mana game. Really stood out amongst all the crap they showed.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

CapnAndy posted:

actual lesson to be learned: the audience for single player games with a beginning, middle, and end that don't try to turn themselves into a second job except you pay to work there has never and will never go away, and players will reward excellent writing and a team that goes above and beyond due to genuine passion for the work being done

lesson game execs will learn: license more RPG systems

So if someone licenses out the FATAL system both our predictions can come true

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shammypants posted:

Baldurs Gate 3 did what BotW(edit) did, which is create brand new gamers. I was at a serious business conference and people were discussing BG3 at the dinner. It was so clearly and obviously the winner because of this very core element

I talked to my sister a few weeks ago to see if she and her partner wanted my old LED Steak Deck (they did) and she told me they were playing BG3 together. And she mostly likes Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, and other similar games.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

BG 3 deserves a bunch of accolades, but I can't help but feel giving it best multiplayer is a bit silly when it's multiplayer is definitely hokey and there were other great multiplayer games this year.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I'm jazzed for Light no Fire, because I remember what NMS was at launch and what they turned it into by the end.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Much to unpack, but ultimately what's a homie gotta do to get nier 3 announced

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mainwaring posted:

BG 3 deserves a bunch of accolades, but I can't help but feel giving it best multiplayer is a bit silly when it's multiplayer is definitely hokey and there were other great multiplayer games this year.

it's janky, but there are no other games providing this experience

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Yeah, BG3 winning best Multi and Cyperpunk winning best ongoing are pretty suspect choices

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Right? and then a bunch of other stuff they havent announced yet.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Did ToTK win nothing...? Lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Couldn't even beat Dredge for Best Depths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man that was a pretty incredible show overall. But it's still the worst because