Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I would of simply won the game that I wanted to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Imagine losing your poo poo over a penalty call that was truly a legit penalty.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dunno what to tell KC fans. The man looks real loving offsides.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the good news is this should (temporarily) help people realize there is not a concerted effort by the NFL to help the Chiefs win games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Go Giants, go Titans

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Go Giants, go Titans

Yes, go very big mythological creatures!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno what to tell KC fans. The man looks real loving offsides.

it always did.

receivers usually get a heads-up from the refs if they ask for one. I don't know if he did, but if he did then that is indeed some bullshit

nothing I've seen suggested he actually did though but of course I'm trying to avoid the conversation as much as I can

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wilderthanmild posted:

Yes, go very big mythological creatures!

We need to get all these 4 win teams to 5

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

the good news is this should (temporarily) help people realize there is not a concerted effort by the NFL to help the Chiefs win games

Yup, the only concerted effort by the NFL is to keep the Ravens and Raiders down

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

I don't know if he did, but if he did then that is indeed some bullshit

He did not

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sorry for the IG post but it's perfect.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0smpXzN2aJ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Ideally going forward they should help them lose, if anything

We've exposed a new minefield of content now that we know how they react when they lose. It'd be a shame to let these rants from Pat and Andy stay rare

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AndrewP posted:

It's a false flag operation. Toney is secretly on the take and is trying to take the heat of the refs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He did

He did not do it well

He didn't even wait for an answer lmao

https://twitter.com/MichaelMUSEA/status/1734313343039787241

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nervous posted:

It's a false flag operation. Toney is secretly on the take and is trying to take the heat of the refs.

I mean, Toney being a double agent against the Chiefs makes sense since he single-handedly hosed up that game against Detroit earlier this year

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stands in front of the ball

Looks to ref for a split second

Looks behind him to see when the ball is snapped

"The refs should've told him he was offsides. The chiefs against the world!" Patrick Mahomes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad this wasn't the playoffs

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Mahomes being a spoiled loving whiney bitch made crybaby

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm sad this wasn't the playoffs
My balls would be in space headed to Alpha Centauri if this would've been a playoff game. A sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hope the Chiefs start getting Lions-tier ref screwjobs now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

I hope the Chiefs start getting Lions-tier ref screwjobs now.

we're gonna circle the wagons and run the ball and throw checkdowns all game and win 12-7 like Brady

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
It's silly that a player can check with a ref if they're offsides to begin with, it isn't this highly technical thing just look at the loving ball. You've already got to figure out if your formation is legal?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

I am a-okay with referees being a resource for players to check rules against in the moment.

It’s not illegal to be offsides before the play, it’s illegal to be offsides after the ball is snapped. Dudes way out on the perimeter might not have a clear view at where the ball is or where the spot officially is, checking with a ref is allowed for that reason.

The officiating response wasn’t “we didn’t tell him to get back on the right side of the ball so we flagged it” it was “he didn’t ask, so we didn’t tell him, and we flagged it.” They aren’t out there to babysit the players to make sure the game is clean, but referees across all sports are supposed to be the rule experts, why wouldn’t you use them as a resource as a player?

It happens all the time at professional levels of all games. Look how many times a baseball player specifies the strikezone with the plate umpire or, hell, as a mega nerd, a judge call in Magic: The Gathering comes to mind.

I feel like you're just asking for the exact problems you're getting right now with this whole thing. Might as well warn the QB when he's got less than 5 seconds on the play clock, or tell the coach when's a good time to call time out.

I've known some minor leaguers and according to them the extent of defining the strike zone is asking the ump if they're gonna be calling it that way the whole game. They're not waiting on the ump every pitch to tell them to crowd the plate because of how they're calling strikes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I feel like you're just asking for the exact problems you're getting right now with this whole thing. Might as well warn the QB when he's got less than 5 seconds on the play clock, or tell the coach when's a good time to call time out.

There’s no problem happening right now because it was clearly a penalty and nobody told him it wasn’t going to be a penalty. It’s just some KC fans and players being dumb as hell.

Checking with the refs on some formation stuff is fine, they’ve got a better view of the entire line than players in formation.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hamhandler posted:

It's silly that a player can check with a ref if they're offsides to begin with, it isn't this highly technical thing just look at the loving ball. You've already got to figure out if your formation is legal?

This is the way the sport is though. I was checking with the refs if I was on the line from like 5th grade peewee ball to senior year. They do it in college, they do it in the NFL. It's hard to see looking sideways with blood rushing through your eyeballs about to run full speed in two seconds.

edit:

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1734367589445275970?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 12, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I just witnessed RG3 (the player, not the poster) talk about Zach Wilson and said "he's throwin' bombs and kissin' moms". Just amazing, and I can't get it out of my head.

Anyway that's my update gently caress the Cowboys

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I can't stand Cris Collinsworth constantly slobbering all over Mahomes, the Eagles, etc. Wish someone else had SNF.
and oh yeah, he's a loving creep

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I just witnessed RG3 (the player, not the poster) talk about Zach Wilson and said "he's throwin' bombs and kissin' moms". Just amazing, and I can't get it out of my head.

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

biceps crimes posted:

I can't stand Cris Collinsworth constantly slobbering all over Mahomes, the Eagles, etc. Wish someone else had SNF.
and oh yeah, he's a loving creep

he is the worst broadcaster by a large margin

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

RG3 still rules

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

he is the worst broadcaster by a large margin

this is spiro dedes erasure

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Mahomes meltdown is so good it sustains me

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Fate Accomplice posted:

this is spiro dedes erasure

if I've even heard this dude, I don't remember it

either way he isn't haunting every single Sunday night and singlehandedly dragging down those broadcast hours

being a lovely announcer in the mix of early games is so much easier to avoid that it doesn't rank the same, Collinsworth would be easy to ignore in that setting

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Scarabrae posted:

It's keeping half of the east coast heated without need for oil this winter.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m telling you guys, Mark Sanchez is underrated as hell in the booth

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

kiimo posted:

This is the way the sport is though. I was checking with the refs if I was on the line from like 5th grade peewee ball to senior year. They do it in college, they do it in the NFL. It's hard to see looking sideways with blood rushing through your eyeballs about to run full speed in two seconds.

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1734367589445275970?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

Just once I want to hear a player in this situation say he doesn't give a poo poo about the children watching the game.

AndrewP posted:

I’m telling you guys, Mark Sanchez is underrated as hell in the booth

Yeah, every time I randomly tune in to a game he's doing, he's always really solid

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Black Lighter posted:

Just once I want to hear a player in this situation say he doesn't give a poo poo about the children watching the game.

Yeah, every time I randomly tune in to a game he's doing, he's always really solid

Charles Barkley is rather famous for his entire "I'm not a role model" ethics in sports gaming journalism way back in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Toney is so hilariously offsides that I find it impossible for anyone to be ref mad about it