Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

How much did Amazon pay for the "privilege" of broadcasting these Thursday games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

haljordan posted:

How much did Amazon pay for the "privilege" of broadcasting these Thursday games

$11bil over 11 years

quote:

Vikings/Eagles 28-34
Giants/9ers 12-30
Lions/Packers 34-20
Bears/Washington 40-20
Broncos/Chiefs 8-19
Jags/Saints 31-24
Bucs/Bills 18-24
Titans/Steelers 16-20
Panthers/Bears 13-16
Bengals/Ravens 20-34
Dolphins/Jets 34-13
Seahawks/Cowboys 35-41
Pats/Steelers 21-18
Chargers/Raiders
Saints/Rams
Jets/Browns

cost them a billion this year

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The games looked a lot better in the beginning of the season. SNF hasn’t been great either considering the QB injuries and just general crappiness of NFL offenses this year

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AndrewP posted:

The games looked a lot better in the beginning of the season. SNF hasn’t been great either considering the QB injuries and just general crappiness of NFL offenses this year

See also: the Jets having five or six SNF/MNF games scheduled.

When do we officially declare 2023-24 A Bad Season? Or is that kind of distinction meaningless in the grand scheme of things?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

C-Euro posted:

When do we officially declare 2023-24 A Bad Season? Or is that kind of distinction meaningless in the grand scheme of things?

They're all Bad Seasons, OP

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Any season in which the non-Jets AFCe teams do not win a Super Bowl is a good season OP.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

C-Euro posted:

I love that the arms race between offense and defense is neck-and-neck this year and some things are getting figured out. And every super bowl contender is flawed on some level and that unpredictability is refreshing too. If this is what parity looks like, parity is loving awesome

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good thing about bad seasons is they can definitely still be good seasons

Source: :sickos:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

C-Euro posted:

It would be nice if the league would just accept that poo poo Happens and the teams that we all expect to be good have a great chance of actually being unwatchable trash. But instead we keep getting seasons where they bet on the hot team and they get half of all prime time games (Broncos last year, Jets and Chargers this year).

They probably have numbers showing it’s worth it but idk maybe spread the games around a little more???

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They do whatever they can to not run Najee in the red zone and that’s odd to me

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hate looking at this things without context but yikes

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1732993856528941562

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
They should fire Matt Canada

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

removing opinions of the noble steeler staff. frankly i went too far. mike tomlin will be allowed to hire a real playcaller this offseason to save his job and he will do his best

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 8, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
lmao that Steeler fans were chanting for Mason Rudolph in the first loving half

Do they remember how terrible he was?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Do the Steelers play the Browns again? Because they should play Rudolph and let Myles Garrett finish what he started

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

C-Euro posted:

Only if the 49ers finish the year with a loss.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

C-Euro posted:

*looks at Broncos since 2016*

Sir, I think this is an incredible season

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Freaquency posted:

Do the Steelers play the Browns again? Because they should play Rudolph and let Myles Garrett finish what he started

Only in the Playoffs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Matt Canada was the only thing keeping the wheels from falling off. LOL, and also LMAO.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
If you would like to watch good football this season just watch the Niners

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

If you would like to watch good football this season just watch the Niners

Or Miami, they've been fun as well.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Maybe the worst loss of the season by any team

The pats losing 6-0 just last week was a worse loss , but lmao imagine playing the pats team that just lost 6-0 and getting beat somewhat easily

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

When do we officially declare 2023-24 A Bad Season?

Gonna hold off and see if my team wins the Superbowl first

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Matt Canada was the only thing keeping the wheels from falling off. LOL, and also LMAO.
it's like when an old machine is clogged with dust but seems to run fine, then one day it starts to make a funny noise so you clean out the lubricating dust and now it's way worse even though you technically made an improvement

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

*looks at Broncos since 2016*

Sir, I think this is an incredible season

Insane what a good coach can do for a team

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

My car is old and yellow and it broke down yesterday when it hit the red zone much like the Steelers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

Insane what a good coach can do for a team

The sicko in me is a little disappointed that Payton seems to have them turning a corner. After opening the season with bad losses to Vegas, Washington, and the utter shithousing by Miami I thought we were in for some all-time comedy.

Not ready to call them “good” by any means but they’re no longer utterly hopeless like they’d been since the Super Bowl year

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

C-Euro posted:

The only metric is did my team did good/bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The New England Patriots

are officially eliminated from playoff contention. Congrats to the Bengals for making it happen

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets are good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs bitch!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chris James 2 posted:

The New England Patriots

are officially eliminated from playoff contention. Congrats to the Bengals for making it happen

Good, gently caress the Patriots

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just want Stroud to be healthy I don’t care about the playoffs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I respect the South’s consistent devotion to sucking

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

hail satan

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens with an All-time great victory over the refs. One for the record books.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Not the first 37-31 overtime game between the Ravens and Rams in Baltimore. But the first one at m&t bank stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

gently caress the Fox Official Rams Fan Crew doing color commentary and gently caress these refs. Same old sorry rear end