Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

cash crab posted:

wait so like, if you’re in moonrise prison, she’s joining the fight all the way from the inn??

She certainly seems to be trying to. I can't actually see what she's doing on her turns because there's a loving loading screen to get to and from the Inn from where the actual fight is taking place.

EDIT: Now, I will say, I'm using some mods - one that lets me set my party to AI control, but I tried disabling that and it still happened. I'm also using a party extended for the sheer novelty of bringing my entire party at once, but Cerys isn't part of the party, so I don't see why she's joining in!

But here, a few screenshots.

This one is in the House of Healing, picked a fight with one of the nurses after getting them to stab the doctor. There she is, up there in the Initiative, at the very end! Guess she rolled low.

This one's in the basement beneath the Mason's guild - which means technically it's not even on the same map! But lo and behold, there she is again, in between some of the Shadows!

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
(Grove raid logistics question)

If I give Minthara the location of the grove and then successfully betray her upon arrival, what quests and rewards, if any, will I lock myself out? Someone mentioned that certain tieflings will prematurely leave the grove when the raid comes - do I lose anyone/anything important this way?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

(Grove raid logistics question)

If I give Minthara the location of the grove and then successfully betray her upon arrival, what quests and rewards, if any, will I lock myself out? Someone mentioned that certain tieflings will prematurely leave the grove when the raid comes - do I lose anyone/anything important this way?

You don’t lose anyone (other than minthara obviously) unless they die in the raid which I haven’t seen happen yet. The raid is kinda fun and definitely worth doing once imo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

feller posted:

You don’t lose anyone (other than minthara obviously) unless they die in the raid which I haven’t seen happen yet. The raid is kinda fun and definitely worth doing once imo

it’s fun to steal all the smoke powder barrels and strategically stage them and win in one arrow. Unnecessary but very fun. You can also do that with house of grief and it’s similarly fun. Probably others too. The puzzle is working out the exact placement you need to take out the whole room in one big boom

If you don’t rescue Halsin first he rescues himself so that’s one little fight you miss out on although the rest of the goblin leaders are still there to go beat up

HashtagGirlboss fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 28, 2024

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I finally got Owlbear cub!

Also, I learned today that you can apparently Auntie Ethel within the teahouse without ever going to her underground lair. Got below, and a bunch of her captors were freed from her spells, and were happy to leave.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bird with big dick posted:

SH is so hot in a hat

Reminds me of someone.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nihonniboku posted:

I finally got Owlbear cub!

Also, I learned today that you can apparently Auntie Ethel within the teahouse without ever going to her underground lair. Got below, and a bunch of her captors were freed from her spells, and were happy to leave.
Yeah I did this by quickloading until Drow poison rolls went my way, but barrelmancy is Do Right No Can Defend.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah I did this by quickloading until Drow poison rolls went my way, but barrelmancy is Do Right No Can Defend.

I managed it by La'zael immediately knocking her prone, and we were able to take her out in one round

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
for my evil Durge, big bug plot spoilers, Cavebat Emptorr, Donut Read:

I resolved Act 1 as good as possible, minus the mandatory Alfira kill, with the Shadow Druids route, and recruited everybody. For Act 2, I solved the Shadow Curse, killed Isobel, tricked Jahiera into staying, killed the Nightsong turning Shadowheart fully to Shar, killed Mizora and sent Wyll to Hell, then recruited and romanced Halsin.

For Act 3, I skipped straight ahead to Orin, then accepted Bhaal's gift.

What was neat was a fight after Orin where Jahiera and some Harpers did a last stand, because history repeats, which probably would have been more interesting if I had done the Stone Lord quest chain. A bigger indightment of my character wasn't Jahiera doing Suicide By God, but Halsin, The Big Love Wood Elf, actually broke up with me for being too unnatural. wooooow...

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

wizard2 posted:

What was neat was a fight after Orin where Jahiera and some Harpers did a last stand, because history repeats, which probably would have been more interesting if I had done the Stone Lord quest chain. A bigger indightment of my character wasn't Jahiera doing Suicide By God, but Halsin, The Big Love Wood Elf, actually broke up with me for being too unnatural. wooooow...

this fight was really funny on my last run because I hadn't leveled any companions, so jaheira and minsc showed up to stop me as level 1.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 29, 2024

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
After clearing out that village and the cavern I went back to the druid town to sell off what I'd picked up. Decided to destroy that nasty Evil Dead book and at first it seemed like a non-event but oh gosh it sure got exciting in a hurry. I was near that party I saved by the town gates and so I didn't have to fight alone, but damned if those enemies weren't resistant to pretty much everything.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

cash crab posted:

wait so like, if you’re in moonrise prison, she’s joining the fight all the way from the inn??

This is what happens when you stack titty mods your first playthrough.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm back nearing the end of Act 2 HM. I lost my last run on the final boss of the act so trying to overprepare. My plan last time was the same as every other boss, kill him in 1 round which did not work AT ALL. He was too powerful to simply ignore mechanics and brute force which I hadn't really run into before even on HM.

Thinking my party will be dual xbow swords bard Tav, OH monk Astarion, Warlock/Paladin Wyll, light cleric Shart with a bunch of radiant orb gear. I rarely use Wyll but I really want the sword with a Cambion summon from his personal quest. Does this party loadout sound good? I like the control and defense it offers even if it's lower DPS than I normally have. My bard can Heat Metal to disarm him.

Just realized I don't actually have any conjure elemental scrolls but I think I can keep force resetting the Quartermaster's inventory until she sells some.

Some fight specific spoilers

Summon the Cambion and some elementals from scrolls to eat the phase 2 Legendary each turn. I also have Shovel, Scratch, and Us available to help. Invis Scratch goes and immediately frees Aylin. Shart goes up to take out the skeleton bros on the ledge. Astarion and Tav beat down the Mindflayer. Mop up Ketheric, try to get a clean transition to phase 2 with no adds and everyone healed up.

Phase 2, immediately get darkness or hunger of hadar on Myrkul and Heat Metal disarm him. First attack each round is by a summon or Aylin to eat his stupid loving Gaze of the Dead. Shart starts stacking radiant orbs. One character and/or summons run around cleaning up Necromites the moment they spawn. Everyone else just chips away at boss. Stay out of melee range as much as possible.

Anything I'm missing here? This all makes sense in my head but I am going to loving lose it if I wipe to him a second time so I want to cover all my bases. Only thing I'm sketchy on is the lower damage output of this group but if he can't loving hit me that seems OK

I did just now watch a video where a guy deletes the boss like I tried to the first time and makes it look easy as gently caress. My issue is this approach has no room for error, if there's a mistake or some bad rolls with all those adds up I am toast. Video link (major act 2 spoilers obviously)

wizard2 posted:

I spec'd Laezel into Archery and rn she's wearing a leather cowboy hat 😳

yeah on my first run I found that hat and made my bard wear it for most of the game cause it looked so good on her. Luckily Balanced accommodates the horny fashion-first player

Zodium posted:

this fight was really funny on my last run because I hadn't leveled any companions, so jaheira and minsc showed up to stop me as level 1.

fyi your quote has a broken spoiler tag and totally revealed what OP was trying to hide lol

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 29, 2024

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Question about the Creche If I've already shown the captain the artifact but haven't yet gone to see the Inquisitor can I leave the area without triggering a fight?

e: NM, you can :)

Arabian Jesus fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 29, 2024

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Medullah posted:

Look, remote work is becoming more and more accepted these days.

Thank you.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Arabian Jesus posted:

Question about the Creche If I've already shown the captain the artifact but haven't yet gone to see the Inquisitor can I leave the area without triggering a fight?

e: NM, you can :)

Probably too late but quick suggestion for this segment: just kill the captain. You will be forced to fight her after the Inquisitor anyway if you don't, and I'd rather do it when my resources aren't all drained from the much harder Inquisitor fight. Then you can go outside, rest, come back and proceed.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I'm back nearing the end of Act 2 HM. I lost my last run on the final boss of the act so trying to overprepare. My plan last time was the same as every other boss, kill him in 1 round which did not work AT ALL. He was too powerful to simply ignore mechanics and brute force which I hadn't really run into before even on HM.

Thinking my party will be dual xbow swords bard Tav, OH monk Astarion, Warlock/Paladin Wyll, light cleric Shart with a bunch of radiant orb gear. I rarely use Wyll but I really want the sword with a Cambion summon from his personal quest. Does this party loadout sound good? I like the control and defense it offers even if it's lower DPS than I normally have. My bard can Heat Metal to disarm him.

Just realized I don't actually have any conjure elemental scrolls but I think I can keep force resetting the Quartermaster's inventory until she sells some.

Summon the Cambion and some elementals from scrolls to eat the phase 2 Legendary each turn. I also have Shovel, Scratch, and Us available to help. Invis Scratch goes and immediately frees Aylin. Shart goes up to take out the skeleton bros on the ledge. Astarion and Tav beat down the Mindflayer. Mop up Ketheric, try to get a clean transition to phase 2 with no adds and everyone healed up.

Phase 2, immediately get darkness or hunger of hadar on Myrkul and Heat Metal disarm him. First attack each round is by a summon or Aylin to eat his stupid loving Gaze of the Dead. Shart starts stacking radiant orbs. One character and/or summons run around cleaning up Necromites the moment they spawn. Everyone else just chips away at boss. Stay out of melee range as much as possible.

Anything I'm missing here? This all makes sense in my head but I am going to loving lose it if I wipe to him a second time so I want to cover all my bases. Only thing I'm sketchy on is the lower damage output of this group but if he can't loving hit me that seems OK

I did just now watch a video where a guy deletes the boss like I tried to the first time and makes it look easy as gently caress. My issue is this approach has no room for error, if there's a mistake or some bad rolls with all those adds up I am toast. Video link (major act 2 spoilers obviously)

yeah on my first run I found that hat and made my bard wear it for most of the game cause it looked so good on her. Luckily Balanced accommodates the horny fashion-first player

fyi your quote has a broken spoiler tag and totally revealed what OP was trying to hide lol

I think as long as you kill the mindflayer asap and keep killing the other poo poo as it pops up you’re fine. I’d say you’re over prepared for it for sure, though 3 melee-ish range characters (assuming shart is using guardians) isn’t amazing for that fight.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I always roll my eyes a little at BG3 gameplay vids on youtube because half the people making them can't resist showing off the skimpy costume mods they put their characters in, but then sometimes there's a video where you notice the OTHER random mods people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9gbvU32mgA

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Docjowles posted:

oopsie. fixed.

I would not use a character you don't normally use to get a new item that isn't very good anyway, but there's nothing wrong as such. I would bring tb barb/rogue with a big stack of healing potions so you can stand on the mind flayer's ledge and outrange his bone chill with gaze immunity in a worst case scenario.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zodium posted:

oopsie. fixed.

I would not use a character you don't normally use to get a new item that isn't very good anyway, but there's nothing wrong as such. I would bring tb barb/rogue with a big stack of healing potions so you can stand on the mind flayer's ledge and outrange his bone chill with gaze immunity in a worst case scenario.

Thanks. I'm starting to do all my buffs and poo poo before heading in and I might just swap out Wyll for Karlach. I was worried about not having summons but then I was able to get like 4 scrolls of Conjure Elemental so I should be more than fine without the dumb sword.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol crimes in this game are SO BIZARRE

I went down to the act 2 endgame and rescued Zevlor. At some point during the fight one of the dudes I saved had thrown a javelin I guess. I clicked it without paying attention that it was red and this heinous act turned everyone I had just saved 10 seconds ago hostile. No talking your way out, dudes just had to throw hands over a dogshit weapon worth 10g. I saved you all from becoming mindflayers but if this is how you wanna die, it can be like that :shrug:

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Ok, I'm 8100 or so posts behind, so my apologies if this is something covered recently.

I've been playing other games (MLB The Show, Helldivers, Balatro and FM/OOTP) lately, but I'm thinking about doing another BG3 run. My goal is "BG 3, but even MORE 5E".

I want classes that are missing. I want spells that are missing. I want even more stuff. What do you recommend?

(and speaking of More, I'm going to commit sacrilege and admit I would love to see BG1/2 redone in the style of BG3, done in 5e style)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sorry for the post spam tonight but I killed that rear end in a top hat :toot: In Rivington for the first time on HM. Just dinged level 10. General plan is to get to 12 by the easiest and safest means I can find, do the bare minimum to unlock endgame, and attempt the Gale ending. Cowardly but I just want the drat dice. I'm only aware of a couple challenging mandatory fights left so hopefully I don't die to something dumb.

I'm glad I overprepared for the boss. Several of my layers of defense failed. He kept saving vs heat metal and darkness. And Aylin kept crit missing him, thanks for nothing. But it didn't really matter because with 10 stacks of Radiating Orb up he couldn't hit poo poo. I'm glad I didn't go for the alpha strike. Other than the very first round before I got him debuffed with orbs, this felt very safe and controlled.

Also thanks for the advice to stick with my usual party. That felt much more comfy.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Docjowles posted:

My Honour Mode setup for this fight was Durge OH Monk, Frost Wizard Gale, Light Orb Shadowheart and, uh, Rando Chump Wyll.

My strategy for the fight was as follows:
All party members popped invisibility potions to position themselves for the fight. Gale moved over to Dame Aylin, Durge jumped up behind the mind flayer, Wyll and SH positioned themselves on the ledge with the necromites. I passed the persuasion check to skip phase 1 of the fight.

First turn of the fight I had Durge delete the mind flayer. Shadowheart's guardians cleaned up the necromites on the ledge, and Gale freed Dame Aylin. On subsequent turns, Gale dropped as many AoEs on his side of the arena as he could to hit the intellect devourers, necromites and avatar. Shadowheart's guardians took out necromites on her side of the arena. Durge used her monk speed to take out necromites near the room's entrance. Priority #1 was ensuring that the avatar never got a turn with an animated necromite to draw from. If on any turn there were no necromites near Shadowheart, Gale or Durge, they'd focus the boss instead. We ground the boss down until he had lost enough HP that we could all just directly unload on him and finish him off in one last round while ignoring the necromites.

Also, Wyll was there.

EDIT: Ah, you already got through it! Congrats!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Sorry for the post spam tonight but I killed that rear end in a top hat :toot: In Rivington for the first time on HM. Just dinged level 10. General plan is to get to 12 by the easiest and safest means I can find, do the bare minimum to unlock endgame, and attempt the Gale ending. Cowardly but I just want the drat dice. I'm only aware of a couple challenging mandatory fights left so hopefully I don't die to something dumb.

I'm glad I overprepared for the boss. Several of my layers of defense failed. He kept saving vs heat metal and darkness. And Aylin kept crit missing him, thanks for nothing. But it didn't really matter because with 10 stacks of Radiating Orb up he couldn't hit poo poo. I'm glad I didn't go for the alpha strike. Other than the very first round before I got him debuffed with orbs, this felt very safe and controlled.

Also thanks for the advice to stick with my usual party. That felt much more comfy.

hell yeah

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Docjowles posted:

This is exactly how I handled my honour mode run that I finished a couple of days ago. The dice and the cheev feel just as good when you blow gale up!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i know you can walk into water or use soap to clean yourself but is there a quick way to cover yourself in blood so you look more hosed up

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SirFozzie posted:

Ok, I'm 8100 or so posts behind, so my apologies if this is something covered recently.

I've been playing other games (MLB The Show, Helldivers, Balatro and FM/OOTP) lately, but I'm thinking about doing another BG3 run. My goal is "BG 3, but even MORE 5E".

I want classes that are missing. I want spells that are missing. I want even more stuff. What do you recommend?

(and speaking of More, I'm going to commit sacrilege and admit I would love to see BG1/2 redone in the style of BG3, done in 5e style)

you can get everything you want from Nexus by searching for 5e and sorting by endorsements, you are not alone

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011
I was punished for my hubris this morning. My honour mode play-through had been going great, I had just murdered the Inquisitor with no issues. Then my whole party got yeeted off the cliff going down to get the blood of Lathander, after I thought "maybe I should split my party for this... nah it'll be fine."

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Oh no! That feels like a mistake you'll only make once!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

tarbrush posted:

Well yeah, the runs over

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

tarbrush posted:

I don't think I can mentally handle starting a new run for a little bit. So I'll probably forget and do it again next time.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Well yeah, the runs over

:thatsbait:

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Calumanjaro posted:

I was punished for my hubris this morning. My honour mode play-through had been going great, I had just murdered the Inquisitor with no issues. Then my whole party got yeeted off the cliff going down to get the blood of Lathander, after I thought "maybe I should split my party for this... nah it'll be fine."

I sucked up your good luck when the same thing just happened to me yesterday even though I disarmed the trap, except two of my party members barely landed on the edge while the other two went sailing into the distance.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

This being my second honor mode run, since the first one ended because I didn't know Orin's legendary action sends people flying and I approached her from the bedroom bridge, immediately getting two people killed and being unable to stop the resulting death spiral.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

She gives a different forgettable dialogue if you sneak up on her. The one time a knock scroll is actually very useful since your durge may not be a lock picker.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I'm back nearing the end of Act 2 HM. I lost my last run on the final boss of the act so trying to overprepare. My plan last time was the same as every other boss, kill him in 1 round which did not work AT ALL. He was too powerful to simply ignore mechanics and brute force which I hadn't really run into before even on HM. :words:

I just did this myself a few days ago. My group was my Tav (Lore Bard, healer/support mostly but also with a lot of scrolls), Battlemaster Lae'zel, Throwzerker Karlach, and Evoker Gale.

I think you're very well covered here. The only other real tips I can give are Protection from Good and Evil will stop the fear effect from his abilities (although not the damage so eventually you'll fail a save to keep it going) and using invisible scratch to go run in and free Dame Aylin asap can make that whole part of it pretty much start right away. Your first priority is kill the mindflayer, drop his scythe, clear the mites, and then you can focus on the boss is how I approached it.

I'm not sure what to do about Dame Aylin running in and dying instantly, since on HM she doesn't revive because she'll always die in the no-heal zone, and it seemed like I should have been able to figure out something to do with that, but otherwise yeah I just had a character dedicated to zapping down the necromite things, summons to eat the legendary actions, heat metal asap to make him drop the scythe, and dropped aoes on him when I could. It was still a bit touch and go at time but it was a fairly comfortable win. Karlach's damage against him wasn't all that great so I just had her zapping down three necromite things each turn while Lae'zel and Gale did most of the damage to the boss while my PC either helped clear the mites or healed or did some supplementary dps as needed.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

SlothBear posted:

I'm not sure what to do about Dame Aylin running in and dying instantly, since on HM she doesn't revive because she'll always die in the no-heal zone, and it seemed like I should have been able to figure out something to do with that

I mean hypothetically if it really matters you could stock up on dimension door scrolls and just have whomever is closest to her teleport her out of the bone chill aura to be healed, but the for real caveat here is that dimension door is an action unlike misty step.

Other options include cheesing it by plopping down a globe on top of her so she can't actually ever die unless the AI gets a hair up its rear end and decides to leave the thing that makes it literally unable to die, which yeah could totally happen!

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

GHOST_BUTT posted:

I mean hypothetically if it really matters you could stock up on dimension door scrolls and just have whomever is closest to her teleport her out of the bone chill aura to be healed, but the for real caveat here is that dimension door is an action unlike misty step.

Other options include cheesing it by plopping down a globe on top of her so she can't actually ever die unless the AI gets a hair up its rear end and decides to leave the thing that makes it literally unable to die, which yeah could totally happen!

I think you also might be able to just pick up her corpse and throw it out of the field? But yeah those things all cost actions and I didn't see the scenario in which it was worth an action when she was just going to run in and die again. I was trying to figure out some way to cancel the no-heal field on her but I didn't see it. Oh well! :shrug:

A globe could work for sure but I didn't have any of those scrolls in Act 2. Never even occurred to me to look for those that early tbh! And yeah, it will only really work if she says in it which I would be dubious of the AI doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Black Noise posted:

She gives a different forgettable dialogue if you sneak up on her. The one time a knock scroll is actually very useful since your durge may not be a lock picker.

I wanted to see what would happen if you revealed the whole situation with her family. Turns out nothing interesting. So yeah, it would have been better to just approach her the normal way and use the deception option to keep the prisoner alive (I beelined straight for the rescue for RP purposes) than approach from the bedroom and be surrounded by bottomless pits.