Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shard posted:

lol on my Galethrough Astarian tries to drink my blood but apparently I taste like poo poo.

That's just because his brain has a few less wrinkles than most, you're blood tastes fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Forsythia posted:

I got to level 8 on a multiplayer campaign but had to restart to a single player campaign and am just at level 4 now. Currently using a crossbow-oriented ranger as my custom character, and Astarion, Shadowheart, and Lae'zel with their starter builds. I know you can easily redo the playable character's specializations and classes and have heard that Shadowheart really should be redone, but I've held off because I don't know what I should be picking. Normally I don't have any trouble with selecting and experimenting with worthwhile abilities and builds for characters in RPGs and would just wing it, but something about the DnD combat ruleset overwhelms me and gives me choice paralysis.

I didn't feel like using Gale or Wyll and have never respecced, so I've barely dipped a toe into what offensive casters do. Sounds like I need to swap in an offense-based spellcaster, since including one is highly recommended.

Life, tempest, war, nature clerics and maxed strength will let her bonk/doing cleric things real good and have fun abilities to play around with. Light, knowledge, trickery can be useful if you are more comfortable playing her as a caster/technical cleric. Astarion I often respec to something else because Arcane trickster is...pretty middling. Gale and Wyll are incredible swap ins for part of an adventuring day and you should not be shy about spell casting in general, long rest early and often.

The Lord Bude posted:

Shadowheart’s problem, aside from trickery being garbage, is that her stats are split up across strength and dex in a way that makes her super useless in combat. You can respec her to light, and give her 17 wis/16 str/14 con/10 dex

Trickery actually has some really good spells in it's list but it's not great as a pure cleric and the first time through everyone should go for some other domain.

Edit: Also to the swords bards combo I had an amazing time with fighter 2/swords bard 10 because action surge is great.
Also with shadowheart/clerics pick up produce flame because you can use that instead of sacred flame and it will use an usual attack roll instead of the dex save that everyone makes.

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 10, 2023

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
I will always recommend Swords Bard for beginners/those wanting to do one play because it's versatile, you can cover most holes in the party and you get to cast Speak with Animals from the start

Yes that last part is very important

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ok, sounds good! Swords bard to me definitely looks like the most main character of the classes, looking forward to seeing what it can do

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Ok, sounds good! Swords bard to me definitely looks like the most main character of the classes, looking forward to seeing what it can do

Enjoy some of the funniest dialogue responses in the game imo.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Has anyone seen a dialogue choice tagged for a multiclass? I've never played one so I'm curious if there are any dialogues like that

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
barbarian is another class that has amazing class-specific dialogue

Regarding face character skills, imo Persuasion is the most important/useful for general diplomacy and there are a lot of high DC Persuasion checks, Intimidation second and Deception third in usefulness. There aren't many Performance checks.

Insight and Perception are also handy in dialogue but if you're gonna invest in skills/expertise for a bard or other face character go Persuasion.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bardarian

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Has anyone seen a dialogue choice tagged for a multiclass? I've never played one so I'm curious if there are any dialogues like that

If you have multiple classes you tend to get the options for whatever classes you are. I know I've seen screenshots of someone from the previous thread having a Paladin/Cleric multi and having a Cleric, Paladin, and Paladin of [Cleric Deity]. But I think that's last one is as close as you get to a dedicated multiclass option.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Early Act 2 Karlach Question:

I missed the mechanic in act 1 and just did K’s first upgrade at Last Light and have what I need for another. However, that doesn’t appear to be happening for whatever reason. My understanding is that Wyll’s long rest event can potentially break things but a fix was in the works a few months back. Does anyone know if this is still an issue or am I doing something wrong to prevent the option from being available?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’m playing through as Swords Bard (level 10) and it rules.

I didn’t follow the good advice or build/play optimally so I’m missing all the good rings and helms and swords and stuff from this thread and it still rules.

I’m using the Banshee Bow that frightens people and the Singing Sword.

One of the most fun things is just wandering up to every other bard and jamming out with them and having all the NPCs throw you gold.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

space uncle posted:

I’m playing through as Swords Bard (level 10) and it rules.

I didn’t follow the good advice or build/play optimally so I’m missing all the good rings and helms and swords and stuff from this thread and it still rules.

I’m using the Banshee Bow that frightens people and the Singing Sword.

One of the most fun things is just wandering up to every other bard and jamming out with them and having all the NPCs throw you gold.

Did you get the achievement for it yet?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
drat. Girlfriend and I did the defend the portal fight and it was incredible. Girlfriend threw down a firewall, Karlach was throwing the long neglected grease bottles into that to create explosions, then I remembered we had smoke powder bombs, Shadowheart was spirit guardian exploding stuff, and I didn't have anyone to smite so I was just picking off stragglers. Oh, and girlfriend was tossing fireballs too. Just an incredible fight that finally really let us flex and stunt on masses of dudes. Now we are at Moonrise and for fucks sakes this game is so big. I'm legit overwhelmed because this is like the goblin camp times a billion. We are just trying to figure out how to best tackle it.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I'll respec Shadowheart into something more offensively oriented. Thank you for the specific tips on how to build her, The Lord Bude!

I'm not very married to being a crossbow ranger, and if people say sword bard is versatile and competent, I want to give it a shot. I have no idea where to begin with it though, as I have never touched the bard class. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what exactly I should be doing with it?

I'm grateful for all the advice for the combat side of BG3. I really like everything else about it, so this will help me enjoy the game a lot more as a whole.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Don't feel bad about having trouble with the combat early. I'd played a few games like BG3 prior to starting and still had Shadowheart throwing javelins because :confused:

It sorta makes sense to keep her as Trickery until act 3 depending on how some choices go for you, because Turn Undead and a certain mace from the end of act 1 bulldoze enormous chunks of act 2.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Forsythia posted:

I'll respec Shadowheart into something more offensively oriented. Thank you for the specific tips on how to build her, The Lord Bude!

I'm not very married to being a crossbow ranger, and if people say sword bard is versatile and competent, I want to give it a shot. I have no idea where to begin with it though, as I have never touched the bard class. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what exactly I should be doing with it?

I'm grateful for all the advice for the combat side of BG3. I really like everything else about it, so this will help me enjoy the game a lot more as a whole.

Bards are fantastic talkers out of combat and they can use BARDIC INSPIRATION to give themselves or any allies more favorable probabilities. They also learn an assload of spells from all other classes. Depending on the subclass the BARDIC INSPIRATION points can also be used passively/automatically to degrade enemy accuracy on otherwise successful attacks, making it more likely your buddies will also dodge. They're a jack-of-all-trades support otherwise, including sneaking and lockpicking/stealing poo poo. They should probably be in the back lines though, leave your fighter/monk/barbarian in the front to soak up poo poo.

Bards with enough levels also give your entire party one extra short rest heal, including any ability refreshing before you turn into the night. And they can also learn semi-permanent spells like LONGSTRIDER that gives everybody +3 meters of movement in combat. LONGSTRIDER is also a RITUAL spell, which means you can cast it infinitely out of combat without any resource cost, and you can put it on everybody for more mobility.

They also gain access to VICIOUS MOCKERY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8OP_gMPrUQ

And yes, you can respec anybody into anything for a small fee at camp, encouraging experimentation.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Forsythia posted:

I've always found just swapping Shadowheart to a light cleric instead of the godawful trickster domain is a huge upgrade. (also, fix her dumb stats) The light cleric channel divinity is hugely powerful in the early game, it's a big radius and party-friendly, and the damage is serious for low-level threats. It doesn't scale well at all (+1 damage per cleric level), but you hit level 5 and the light cleric picks up fireball and that carries you basically forever.

And if you add items that you come across that inflict "radiant orb" or "radiant explosion," it can get nuts.

Not terribly familiar with swords bard, but from what I understand with them, double hand crossbows gets them a lot of attacks, and the slashing flourish (?) makes them hit multiple targets with a shot, for extra damage. Stack on items/abilities that add damage on hit, and their damage output gets pretty high.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Forsythia posted:

Shadowheart, go either Light or Tempest. If you go Light, give her 14 Dex (wear medium armor), 14 Con, max Wis and distribute how you like otherwise. If you go Tempest you don't need the Dex (wear heavy armor) and can put them in Str or whatever. Grab a weapon and shield. Nuke poo poo. Bless is also super strong as a buff, for hard fights cast Bless on your allies and then nuke. You'll bonk things with weapons a fair bit early on because you won't have as many spells but once you get to level 5 your spell nuking will be quite strong. Don't worry too much about healing, memorize Healing Word (it only uses a bonus action) and use it in emergencies though.

For a sword bard you should max Dex and Charisma and keep 14 Con. When you spec into Swords go for the dual-wield option. You can dual wield scimitars, short swords, daggers, or hand crossbows. A vendor in the goblin camp sells nice +2 ranged damaged gloves. You're equally good shooting stuff at range as you are in melee. You want to mostly use Slashing Flourishes for damage, it allows you to attack two enemies or you can shoot the same enemy twice, it's very very strong. How much you want to cast spells in combat is up to you. I think Swords bard is better off focusing on dealing damage with weapons and using their spells for utility and buffs. So get stuff like Longstrider (it costs nothing to cast! always always have it on your whole party it's great), Disguise, Talk to Animals, Healing Word. Your spells are good but you probably want to go Lore school for a caster-focused bard.

As a Swords bard you're a dexterity-based swashbuckler type that does a ton of weapon damage in melee or at range, and you've got a bunch of spells to supplement that. Also you can handle all the conversation, bartering, lockpicking, and traps.

edit: you can go for a dueling single-weapon bard later on but dual wield will get you the most mileage early-mid game.

oh and for skills get expertise in Persuasion for big important dialogue checks and then whatever else you want

swords bard and light/tempest cleric are excellent as pure classes all the way to the maximum level of 12 you don't need to fuss with multiclassing unless you want to, totally optional.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 10, 2023

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Pellisworth posted:

barbarian is another class that has amazing class-specific dialogue

At the Goblin camp you can literally get the guard who challenges you to eat poo poo if you pass a Barb-specific intimidation check, it's great.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Monathin posted:

I'm playing on PC, what mods do people recommend?

There is an absolute glut of official 5e content that didn't make it into the game, so I'm only going to list what I (or others in the previous thread) consider either essential or massive QoL upgrades:
  • WASD Character Movement: Allows you to move characters with the keyboard (similar to Dragon Age Origins or other more modern CRPGs) instead of clicking.
  • Native Camera Tweaks: Unlocks many of the camera limits and makes the camera itself easier to wrangle.
  • Bags Bags Bags: Includes a bunch of new containers that help keep your inventory from turning into a disaster as quickly.
  • Better Containers: Improves the container UI considerably, which is important because probably a fifth of your playtime is gonna be looking in chests and barrels.
  • Concentration Failsafe: Keeps you from popping another Concentration spell and thus immediately overwriting your Hex/Bless/Spirit Guardians/Call Lightning/Hunter's Mark with another spell like the tadpoled moron you are.
  • If you're a hardcore 5e grog who considers the changes Larian has made to 5e to be a breaking of some sacrosanct canon, you might also consider Rules As Written. This one is highly optional, however.

• Party Limit Begone: Increase your party size for more interactions. In multiplayer each player character is treated as a separate party so take this into consideration for things like approval.
  • Sit This One Out: Makes your extra party members vanish so you don't steamroll the game. Certain story situations will require a party member to not be sitting out.
  • Dynamic Sidebar: So you don't have to scroll through portraits of all your party members.

Everyones favorite Act 3 Cheat No visual effects for act 3 story event.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 10, 2023

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I spent way too long in character design for my Durge run but I've done some testing and I think female Drow face #2 has the best evil smirks, which is the primary consideration for a Durge run.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Black Noise posted:

• Party Limit Begone: Increase your party size for more interactions. In multiplayer each player character is treated as a separate party so take this into consideration for things like approval.
  • Sit This One Out: Makes your extra party members vanish so you don't steamroll the game. Certain story situations will require a party member to not be sitting out.
  • Dynamic Sidebar: So you don't have to scroll through portraits of all your party members.
Once I complete a mode modless, I like to use Auto Loot Seller V3 to remove the tedium of selling crap. It saves a ton of time and actually makes it slightly worse for me since I leave it set to sell at the default price instead of the full approval price I'd get if I were to do it manually.

I like to then pair it with Auto Loot Aura so I don't have to click on everything. Just exercise self-control and throw away the red version.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I'm in Act 3 and have both Minthara and Halsin in my camp, so the new patch lets you keep them both.

Just be aware she's sitting in the throne at the end of Act 2. I didn't see here there and wondered where she went.

Also: The latest hotfix killed the exploit that let you put a whole vendor's stash into a bag and then buy it for 1 gold. Ah well. That was fun while it lasted.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Professor Beetus posted:

I already went there and missed out because I accidentally teleported the wrong person who was hilariously incapable of lockpicking.

Next time you run into a chest you can't unlock, pick it up and mail it back to camp to unlock later! :eng101:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

New thread and you can reach into everybody's pockets while you're at camp? Allllriiiiight, I'll reinstall it and start my Durge playthrough. I can pour, what, another 150 hours into th--

oh. i see.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Look at this guy who uninstalled

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Started up a Warlock run on Honour mode. I'm actually doing pretty well so far, but I'm not all that far. Killed the Harpies (though they killed Mirkon lol).

I wonder what's the best order to do things. I imagine the Spider is easier than the Hag or Paladins or Goblin camp, but I'm guessing on Honour mode it's still a huge piece of poo poo that could easily wipe me. That thing is annoying to deal with even on normal Tactician. Maybe the stuff up north is actually better to do first? I wonder. The Paladins have that one guy with the two hander who trucks but once you down him it's not so bad. The Gnolls can be nasty but proper CC can handle them. I dunno. What order are people doing things on honour mode?

I imagine it'd also be easy to wipe in the Blighted Village with a bad dialogue roll against the Windmill fucks because that fight is nasty if you don't talk your way out of it.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

I was able to take out the hag in my honor mode game before she got to her little arena area. Got her in the fireplace. I hated that fight my first go-through! Ha!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Forsythia posted:

if people say sword bard is versatile and competent, I want to give it a shot. I have no idea where to begin with it though, as I have never touched the bard class. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what exactly I should be doing with it?

You want to have 17 dex and 16 cha and 14 con to start. Use a finesse weapon and a shield (towards the end of the game you’ll get a rapier that specifically requires you not to have anything in your offhand but until then a shield is compatible with duelist fighting style.)

Your focus is to get your Dex up high - if you get the item in Act 1 that lets you add one point to a stat of your choosing you’ll end up with 22 Dex. First feat is +2 Dex, second feat is savage attacker.

Once you get to choose sword bard spec you’ll get flourishes that you can use in combat. You can use your bonus actions for things like healing word. Take duelist fighting style

Grab the medium armours that let you use full dex bonus. Grab items that add damage to your attacks.

For spells you want vicious mockery, healing word, and alll the utility stuff like longstrider, speak with dead, talk to animals. Buff yourself with talk to animals after each long rest. Buff the whole party with longstrider after each long rest. Be the face of the group and talk to everyone.

After you have 6 levels of bard, take 2 levels of paladin - this will let you use smites. You need to set them to ‘ask’ in the reaction menu. When you use a flourish or a regular attack, you’ll get a pop asking if you want to spend a spell slot on a smite and which level spell slot you want. (They do 1d8 damage per spell level, up to 4). The flourish that lets you hit 2 enemies with one attack lets you smite both. Take defence fighting style for extra AC at paladin level 2.

Put your final 4 levels into fighter and choose the champion spec - this will give you action surge and also increased chance to critically hit.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

Started up a Warlock run on Honour mode. I'm actually doing pretty well so far, but I'm not all that far. Killed the Harpies (though they killed Mirkon lol).

I wonder what's the best order to do things. I imagine the Spider is easier than the Hag or Paladins or Goblin camp, but I'm guessing on Honour mode it's still a huge piece of poo poo that could easily wipe me. That thing is annoying to deal with even on normal Tactician. Maybe the stuff up north is actually better to do first? I wonder. The Paladins have that one guy with the two hander who trucks but once you down him it's not so bad. The Gnolls can be nasty but proper CC can handle them. I dunno. What order are people doing things on honour mode?

I imagine it'd also be easy to wipe in the Blighted Village with a bad dialogue roll against the Windmill fucks because that fight is nasty if you don't talk your way out of it.

I should honest to god start taking notes on my Honour run. It's going pretty well so far, I'm like level 4.75. I did savescum once when I entered the druid grove, because I randomly aggro'd them my first run and I ended that run.

added spoilers just to be extra cautious I suppose. early Act 1 stuff:

The only fight that's really given me a rough time was the owlbears, but that's also about the only real boss fight (with added Honour mode mechanics) that I've done so far. Most of the fights seem the same as Tactician with maybe an added enemy here and there but honestly idk if that's even that often?

I haven't done paladins, harpies or the spider yet though I did dip into the Underdark to access the merchants there, the minotaurs are pretty easy and so was the bulette.

I played the EA through like 2.5 times and I've done another playthrough and a half of release game so I'm pretty familiar with the fights. Of course, the thing that will screw you are the new Honour mechanics on bosses especially if you're going in blind and not savescumming.

edit: specifically what happened my first honour run was Shadowheart reacted to the wolf in Kagha's room and for some reason it aggro'd Kagha. Shadowheart gets frightened by the wolf, druids aggro, I decide to end it as I'm level 3 and was only like 2h into the game.

I haven't done many actually hard fights this playthrough. I'll probably die soon lol

I'll have to try the harpies pretty soon I expect that fight might be rough. If you get unlucky with saves they can wreck you, their multiattack is nasty.

I found going to the underdark via zhentarim cellar a pretty easy area at level 4, you can get the mushroom guy to help you which trivializes a lot of combat. and if you enter from the zhentarim place you can shoot at the minotaurs and chokepoint them on the cliff, it's an easy fight.

mushroom guy can reanimate a corpse so what I did is go kill one of the hook horrors away from his buddies before he can yell, then raise him as a quite strong zombie. with the combination of zombie hook horror and mushroom guy (strong by himself) I had no trouble with the bulette and the duergar fights at level 4. you can also bring them for the spectator fight. basically all the tough fights in that zone are trivialized with Sovereign Glut except maybe if you fight the golems at the top of the Arcane Tower, I didn't try to take it up there.

if you leave the underdark and then return, Glut will heal

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 10, 2023

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sharrans down, Cazador down.

The Sharrans were still SUPER annoying with their darkness spells, and i fought wall of fire kind of useless because they saved it like it was a summer rain, but it was all about cloudkill.

With the other, my coworker told me to just shove Cazador off the platform, and i did that, multiple times and he would just reappear where he was shoved off.

Shadowheart, I just wanna give you a huge way more than I did already! :smith: vote shar, kill your parents

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Sooo I heard there's a way to get Minthara into your group by knocking her unconscious in Act 1. Can someone confirm? Doing a good guy half-drow and it would make sense to recruit her later and redeem her.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

isndl posted:

Next time you run into a chest you can't unlock, pick it up and mail it back to camp to unlock later! :eng101:

This fuckin' game

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Finnish Flasher posted:

Sooo I heard there's a way to get Minthara into your group by knocking her unconscious in Act 1. Can someone confirm? Doing a good guy half-drow and it would make sense to recruit her later and redeem her.

Yes. If you use non lethal damage to knock her out she should show up at Moonrise Towers. The recent patch made this possible.

I'm not sure if there's any other conditions than that. I've heard that you have to start a fight with her by hitting her (ie, dont talk to her or kill the other Goblin leaders first) so that she gets flagged as temporarily hostile rather than permanently, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

twistedmentat posted:

With the other, my coworker told me to just shove Cazador off the platform, and i did that, multiple times and he would just reappear where he was shoved off.

That was patched because it made no sense that you can shove someone that turns into mist into a chasm.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
So I've now managed to lose both the Returning Pike and Nyrulna. Poor Karlach, she just wants to throw stuff!

The Pike got lost when fighting Minthara in the Goblin Camp, I threw it at a goblin standing on the other side of the chasm and it was never seen again. There was a dead goblin but no pike.
Nyrulna was probably from a series of events that makes it seem not really a bug. Act 3 spoiler:

In the House of Hope you have to go through the banquet hall with some Debtors to get back to the portal. I threw Nyrulna at a debtor, turning it into Hellboar and the explosion probably caused it to be on the ground
Another debtor then picked it up and when it get blasted turned also into a Hellboar. At that point all gear carried by the debtor probably got deleted by the game as there was no Nyrulna anywhere in the corpses or on the ground afterward.

Raphael still fell but he seems to have been buffed a bit since the last patch. It was obviously not correct for Hope to have two Divine Interventions but Raphael got free every single turn after being Hold Monstered and I was getting worried as the scrolls ran out when he was still at 200+ HP.
When he transformed into the Ascended Fiend form, something I've not seen before I got a little worried but fortunately he did not get back his lost HP.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
yeah I just tested and mushroom guy will indeed follow you anywhere in that subzone, including to fight Bernard at the top of the Arcane Tower and into the little hidden Cave of Boooall.

it kinda does trivialize that zone:

that's a lot of HP at level 4 and they hit fairly hard too

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Geekboy posted:

I'm in Act 3 and have both Minthara and Halsin in my camp, so the new patch lets you keep them both.

Just be aware she's sitting in the throne at the end of Act 2. I didn't see here there and wondered where she went.

Also: The latest hotfix killed the exploit that let you put a whole vendor's stash into a bag and then buy it for 1 gold. Ah well. That was fun while it lasted.

Just curious, does Minthara have banter dialogue with companions she would normally be mutually exclusive with?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I was able to take out the hag in my honor mode game before she got to her little arena area. Got her in the fireplace. I hated that fight my first go-through! Ha!

That’s actually bad, because you miss out on the dialogue check to get her to give you the hair for the +1 stat boost but at least it doesn’t flat out break the quest any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

This used to work, but they fixed it in like patch 4 (because it didn’t make sense that you could kill a person who can turn into a cloud of bats at will by knocking them off a cliff)