Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

At the end of Divinity Original Sin 2 Tarquin makes a whole deal about going to another reality with mind flayers considering the portraits of the original cast you can find does this guy ever show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Console players if you worm up your character turns gross. PC players have been living in a world of instagram filters.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Probably only fixed in Honour mode where they tweaked damage riders.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shard posted:

lol on my Galethrough Astarian tries to drink my blood but apparently I taste like poo poo.

It’s orbin time!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Monathin posted:

I'm playing on PC, what mods do people recommend?

There is an absolute glut of official 5e content that didn't make it into the game, so I'm only going to list what I (or others in the previous thread) consider either essential or massive QoL upgrades:
  • WASD Character Movement: Allows you to move characters with the keyboard (similar to Dragon Age Origins or other more modern CRPGs) instead of clicking.
  • Native Camera Tweaks: Unlocks many of the camera limits and makes the camera itself easier to wrangle.
  • Bags Bags Bags: Includes a bunch of new containers that help keep your inventory from turning into a disaster as quickly.
  • Better Containers: Improves the container UI considerably, which is important because probably a fifth of your playtime is gonna be looking in chests and barrels.
  • Concentration Failsafe: Keeps you from popping another Concentration spell and thus immediately overwriting your Hex/Bless/Spirit Guardians/Call Lightning/Hunter's Mark with another spell like the tadpoled moron you are.
  • If you're a hardcore 5e grog who considers the changes Larian has made to 5e to be a breaking of some sacrosanct canon, you might also consider Rules As Written. This one is highly optional, however.

• Party Limit Begone: Increase your party size for more interactions. In multiplayer each player character is treated as a separate party so take this into consideration for things like approval.
  • Sit This One Out: Makes your extra party members vanish so you don't steamroll the game. Certain story situations will require a party member to not be sitting out.
  • Dynamic Sidebar: So you don't have to scroll through portraits of all your party members.

Everyones favorite Act 3 Cheat No visual effects for act 3 story event.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 10, 2023

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

twistedmentat posted:

With the other, my coworker told me to just shove Cazador off the platform, and i did that, multiple times and he would just reappear where he was shoved off.

That was patched because it made no sense that you can shove someone that turns into mist into a chasm.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Kind of meta gamey but you really miss a lot of cutscenes due to them being locked behind long rests.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Reactions don’t get scrolls. :argh: I wanted counter spell. “Be a bard” too many drat charisma classes in the party already :colbert:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

unattended spaghetti posted:

What spells can only be learned by scroll? Been hanging onto one of everything to scribe and wouldn't mind being spoiled on that.

Summon Quasit has only 2 scrolls afaik

Knock and Arcane lock are pretty rare even with random loot generation.

Dethrone (2), Artistry of War, and another 5th level spell that lets wizards summon a celestial located in the Sorcerous Sundries vault

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

At this point the Steam achievement unlocker

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Monathin posted:

Can I just manually install the NativeModLoader mods and then do the rest through BG3 Mod Manager and it won't explode?

Yes I use BG3MM and just do a manual install for Native Mod Loader. I’d also join the Larian discord they have a #bg3modsupport channel.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shard posted:

What's up with the water queens cellar? Am I supposed to be getting bad vibes from this place because I am

If you’re talking about the Temple of Umberlee donation chamber it feels like something that got cut like the broken puzzle in Cazadors manor

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Try changing her armor and respecing her.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lone Wolf was overpowered in DOS2 and this game is easier. It's your game so do what you want but you're having some cheats as a treat.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I cleared the tower and they didn’t join in since we only had the entry way to deal with :hist101:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You took a path they didn’t account for it seems like. I have a glitch with the Gur in act 3 that makes a goofy end for Astarions quest.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Me watching a streamer that is proud of not reading tutorials or guides to anything approach the Sirens on Xbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5Ug9gE7SQ

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

exquisite tea posted:

Revived companions will only get a bonus action on the first turn after being ressed. You can use that to drink a potion, or hide, or otherwise escape to safety unless you're one of the chosen few who get an attack on bonus action.

No hiding either. Cunning action dash, hide, and disengage should be rogue only unless you are in haste spores or a mind sanctuary.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Wyll can wear medium armor I’m pretty sure. Why are you letting the Blade of the Frontiers run around in the nude :argh:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I’ve gotten the T-posing but Professor Beetus also did their playthrough without mass larceny so they missed the last huge performance slowdown in the Patch 4 times.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

ZearothK posted:

So, how's it like playing the Origin characters, anyone who has more content than the others (Durge included)? I've heard Gale gets his cat as a camp follower pretty early, but I'd like to hear how it is for everyone else.

I've been doing a Co-op Astarion origin run since launch, this is my only run because I am a masochist and I felt like if a DOS2 style ending was coming up it would be kind of cheaty to know exactly which feats to take to crush your team which admittedly is what these jackasses tried.
We just finished the Temple of Bhaal Forced our party to go rescue Yenna ASAP since Durge can just open the door. Shocking lack of reactivity to the party standing around Bhaals avatar asking durge to kill the world.

Act1
There is some weirdness which may be a result of co-op or launch day bugs. I never got the bite scene and had to give myself the ability with cheat engine. This could be because the scene leads to an Astarion kill condition I think so idk. You do get a unique dream sequence in one of the early long rests. Also there is a bite scene during a romance event that I never saw so I wonder if you have to be dating Astarion or have the first bite scene to trigger. This comes up in Act 3.

Act 2
Never got the scene about being covered in scars, always clothed, never rested until we got to Last Light since the land is cursed. Raphael just spills that he knows about the scars on my back and to meet him later. After dealing with the weird cat situation Raphael just spills to the whole camp that I apparently have a profane ritual carved into my back and I actually lose control of the dialogue to another party member Paladins :argh: Shadowheart gets her religion of secrets, Durge gets to be secret necrophile, Rapheal just spills everything.

Act 3
If you find the gur camp the narrarator will tell you that you did indeed raid their camp. Alma will ask you to rescue their children you can ask what if the kids are already dead to which she will then say blood will suffice.

Unique Fail condition
There is an attack on your camp at night if you don't do Astarions quest soon enough and the event will queue. If Astarion is dropped to 1 you will be teleported to the Kennel in Cazadors Manor unable to move so you'll need rescue

Unique Risky Dialogue
During the confrontation with Cazador you will be forced to make a Con Check (not a save for some reason) to resist his influence. If your allies are in dialogue range the DC is 18, you can beat this with Bardic + Guidance + Con Mod and some inspiration rerolls if you really want to go for it. But here's the weird one if you approach completely solo (summons don't count so you could bring an elemental) the dialogue to resist changes and you are warned its game over if Cazador captures you. The DC for some reason is now 10.

Fail condition
If Astarion goes down during the fight he will be bound like the other spawn and Cazador has three turns to complete the ritual. After he ascends you briefly see his stats change but you get a game over before you can examine it

Devilsh details To do the ritual you need a second set of eyes so someone needs to be in dialogue range when you approach Cazadors casket I'm sure Minthara would approve but everyone else even crown hungry Gale will probably say not to do it. He'll approve later. Shadow Weave Money Gang. Lae'zel didn't beak up with me either so that was nice. We wanted to shared the sunrise its the only way! Your dialogue options with companions now change to being more Pompous, Arrogant, to downright condescending like asking Karlaach to kneel to you. But you are still in control of how to steer the convos so you don't have to be that much of a dick.

After Astarions Quest
So I can see in script extender that there is a camp event for Astarion after the black mass but I don't know if it doesn't trigger because
1. Lae'zel romance and enthralling her when she's supposed to either go Vlaakith or Revolution doesn't work.
2. Because it has to be an event when you are romancing Astarion.
3. Because the original bite events never triggered.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Its obviously a 3d printer. I died to tell you this.

• Fixed the DC for pickpocketing a container not accounting for the weight and value of the items inside the container.

Why do they hate Rogues :argh: I just want to role play my fantasy of having a scrooge pile.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You get a nice potion they now despise you

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I do think this drastically affects if you are romancing them. And judging from the #bg3support channel, it’s a lot of people.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

My experience is having to constantly reset my modsettings.lsx to make sure our co-op games synch up and the baseline save is right on the beach.

You can recruit Shadowheart and get the first long rest scene. I told her to go to camp then you can long rest and I still had Shadowheart on PC. But this was last checked on patch 4.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Lvl 6 Grandma just standing there menacingly.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Thuryl posted:

I think one of the most interesting notes in that interview is that Orin did originally always kidnap your romance partner if you had one, and they changed it because playtesters hated it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4LjNK8w_E

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I felt pretty immersed when that one guy lost a Act 3 companion because dialogue triggers are still dumb.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

This is NexusMods drama but basically you know you hosed up if someone makes a mod to fix what you did Uninstall Immersive AI. I'd imagine this is like finding yourself on the youtube homepage being covered by a downfall channel.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Monathin posted:

Alright, I'll bite, what's the story with this one? Scanning the comments it sounds like the Mod maker applied for a job at Larian, didn't get the job, and then started ranting up a storm, but I have no idea if there's anything more than that (or why there's a need for an 'uninstaller' mod)

I have no idea! I started looking into AI mods when we just rolled over Ketheric. Lethal AI and Immersive AI seemed to have versions that worked with each other so I figured lets try them both. During the Act 3 camp event I was getting wrecked by monks while invisible and at the time the culprit seemed to be Immersive AI so I pulled it but I kept track of their change log since I liked their ideas. So they released Immersive AI 2 which is a big 74mb file that adds a dodge action and changes AI priorities for everything, I never installed it though because I saw tons of people complaining about bugs so I figured I'd wait.

Random video I saw about the mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWLTkteLZvM

Current Mod Page

Archived Description

Archived Comments

There is a google doc in there somewhere that documents the changes and quite a few of them are comments bashing Larian so there is a feeling of he doth protest too much. I might be using that wrong don't @ me.
The Google Doc changelog

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 16, 2023

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I used the Lucky feat until after Act 2 and switched it out for mobile. So with Lucky the combat saves / attack rerolls never really came in clutch for me, it was more useful for dialogue checks. But you can get rerolls on dialogues with Inspiration and the spell Enhance Abilities.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

You miss a lot of the voice acting and when you are picking by dialogues you make the custom tav exaggerated expressions. If that makes sense. Instead you now have the narrator filling you in on past details or motivations.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Floppychop posted:

Act 3 spoiler Killed Orin and got her armor, but something's fucky

My last save is actually right after that let me check to see if this is hotfix related.

edit: I've still got stats on the one we looted maybe its things spawned after the patch

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 18, 2023

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Can’t wait to fight Gale in BG4 :allears:

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shard posted:

Last night I was able to start my romance with Minthara and with the help of the mod I am rolling with a 9 person party which is honestly a bit much lol. And I still have two party members to go. So I probably won't be using this mod in other playthroughs. BUT it's really good at seeing who comments on what and where especially in the third act.

I'm also seemingly romancing Minthara and Shadowheart at the same time so we'll see what happens there. Also I was able to save nathaniel with Halsin with Minthara in the party. I don't know if there will be a me or her moment in act 3 I'll let yall know when I get there.

Use the mod where they don’t join in combat so you aren’t rolling over the game. Unless that’s like what you’re into.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I got to (Act 3 spoilers) the iron throne and uh.. man that's kinda hard to save everyone. I successfully managed to get everyone untied, but it took me much too long to get Omeluum out and so I lost my second attempt.

I think I might go back and do Gortash's coronation as I don't think that's going to make me try and kill him? I used the big ol bomb to clear Shadowheart's Act 3 encounter, so I have to save the families in order to disable the steel watch. I was mildly spoiled that the Duke can end up there later, so hopefully with prebuffing haste and swiftness potions plus going in prepped for the 6 turns I can get everyone and get out.

Is there any tricks I should be aware of here? My biggest problem was getting Omeluum out, if I was going for only the families I think I'd end up clearing it pretty easily.

Someone is going to say respec to monk and point out you can shoot levers. I have something more convoluted I'd like to try in a week or two when my group gets there.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

My preferred build is I spawn 53 rune powder barrels on my enemies.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Cephas posted:

Are there any interesting items or bg3-specific gameplay interactions that are cool for Arcane Tricksters? AT seems... perfectly fine and cool so far at level 5, though nothing stands out about it. I'm guessing that the best thing to do with spellcasting ability is to just wear the 17 int headband and make good use of scrolls, rather than trying to build my character to lean into spellcasting. Without extra attack, rogues seem especially bound by their sneak attack scaling to stay competitive as damage dealers.

Without mods Arcane Trickster might be one of the worst subclasses unfortunately. I’m playing Arcane Trickster and I’m going to make it work but the one major function you get from the class “Magical Ambush” comes late in Act 2 when you hit lvl 9.

I modded in booming blade and green flame blade.

SCAG Cantrips

Cap of Arcane Acuity custom mod I made to make some Act 2 and 3 hats into clothing so I could use the mage armor spell.

Going pure Arcane Trickster gets you 4 feats and Lvl 2 spells with magical ambush and an invisible mage hand. In comparison to other wizards who will have multi target CC's available by lvl 9 you will be lacking unless you really like casting hideous laughter in my experience. What I did was AT 10 / Wizard 2 (Divination). This gets you 3 feats and access to lvl 3 spells with magical ambush. Now you can attack with harder hitting cc spells with Magical Ambush like Slow, Fear, and Hypnotic Pattern. I think going AT 9 / Wiz 4 will get you 1 level 4 slot which could give you a cast of greater invisibility as long as you have a scroll to copy.

Useful items I have found that work with this build.

Graceful Cloth
Arrow of Many Targets to activate Act 2 Helmet.
Elixir of Vigilance
Every scroll of greater invisibility you can steal

Act 2:
Helmet of Arcane Acuity up to +10 spell DC when conditions are met
Infernal Rapier +1 to spell DC, attacks with your spell casting modifier so this is a weird one

Act 3:
Cazadors dagger that gives up to +3 to spell DC when conditions are met

You are sacrificing pure damage for utility but a well placed slow is devastating much like hasted Lae'zel.

Black Noise fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Mr. Lobe posted:

It only sticks around for a minute in real time though so you need to be on the ball for something like that to work

Arcane Trickster Mage hand is persistent. Making it once per short rest and unable to pickpocket in exchange for “lol I shove da goblin” is still lame.