Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hello everyone! Is there any good guides out there that tells me an optional order of when to do quest so I'm not missing out on things or locking myself out of content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

What was Cazador planning to do if Astarion didn't show up? He's just chilling down in his massive ceremony room, with everything set up when we arrive?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I like Minthara and I think there is an interesting character there, but she doesn't have enough content to be as irrevocably broken as she apparently is

I feel like Minthara is broken because they keep trying to make her a party member that be recruited in any playthrough when she was originally intended for Durge/slaughter the camp players only, which is honestly more interesting.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Zodium posted:

finished act 2 on my hm run and the more times I play, the more I feel like making illithids the main plot instead of Orpheus really detracts from the story. would be great if future content expands on that story because it always engages me much more than the main plot and ending. act 1 and 2 could have had some other macguffin to get you to Moonrise and act 3 could end on the House of Hope. my last run before this I basically just lost interest after hoh and never bothered to do the final area/battle.

For Orpheus to function as the main plot he'd need to be anything other than a wet blanket when he finally shows up. God was he disappointing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SlothBear posted:

Yeah, it was a bit of a silly moment for me too.

The guardian in your head is one of those things that got reworked quite a lot even from the early access not that long before launch, and I think they just sort of got to end and had sort of painted themselves into a corner there. I would have liked it better if we just fought him there when he announced he was betraying us but eh, at least we get to end him.

The dream guardian, Wyll's whole situation, and Halsin's story were the main things that I noticed that changed a lot from EA and those are probably not coincidentally what I think are three of the weakest parts of the story.

What were the original EA versions of these?

Also...

Khizan posted:

He knows that Orpheus will loving end him if he is freed. Not a maybe, not a possibility, a dead certainty. Maybe he will be spared long enough to fight the Netherbrain, but maybe not. There’s no outcome where Orpheus is free and he survives. Better to risk slavery, because he’s already escaped that once.

Would be easier to believe if the prince wasn't an absolute chump.