Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Entropic posted:

I give it to Karlach because Lae’zel ends up using the burning sword that you can Command:drop from the demon at the end of the Nautiloid tutorial for like half the game.

i never thought of doing that, gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been eyeing the Lone Wolf mod, since my friend and I had a blast doing co-op Divinity Original Sin 2 with the optional Lone Wolf perk, which limits your party to 2, down from 4, in exchange for some very strong buffs. So this mod does the same kinda thing

But I worry, how unbalanced does it look to you guys? Having twice as much xp, twice as many spell sots, twice as many feats... it seems like overkill, to me, idk if anyone here tried the mod out and could offer a report?

quote:

Tweaks:
2x XP to improve solo and duo experience
L20 max. level, but do not exceed 12 on any single class or it will bug!
Like similar mods, take the 12th level of you class as the last level (level 20) or it could bug.
Increased carry capacity
Extra feat at level 2 or level 3 for all classes
Double actions, bonus actions, spell slots and sorcery points

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One bug I've been getting, a lot, is dead people replaying their death animations, if i walk far enough away and then come back

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lone Wolf mod trip report: it works great! Ideal for co-op

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah why do some clerics not get heavy armour

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe someday i'll do an Honour run but i gotta say, i hope turning companions into weird lore-unfriendly monk-bard-fighter hybrids isn't required

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

if you kill astarion in the camp cutscene where he tries to bite your neck at night, the usual sleep cutscene plays, except astarion will be dead in his bed, surrounded in blood, glowing green (from the Speak with Dead spell). Bug or feature?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey if Scratch dies while summoned out in the world, does he die in real life?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Despite no ancestral links to the mighty creatures,

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

every modern crpg needs a Super Special playable race

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Aren’t you supposed to throw potions on the ground NEAR your target, and not directly at them?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

also why is spilling potion on your skin just as effective as ingesting it??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just gonna say it: this game would be more fun if you got feats every 3 levels instead of 4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I really do not like astarion, as a person, every convo i've had with him he's proven himself to be a perfect sociopath, I cannot imagine wanting to "romance" him, even if i ever do an "evil" playthrough

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My co-op experience has been kinda weird and lots of fun, like it's so contrary to my usual style of play but the game supports it very well. My friend is full YOLO and we (mostly he) constantly pick fights, sometimes deliberately, like when we quickly agree to murder an NPC who's being a dick, but usually by "accident", i.e. by trespassing and ignoring warnings

Anyway what feels particularly strange is how we've been transitioning through the areas. Best example is, we went to speak to Karlach for my personal quest (we ended up killing her because my buddy carelessly pickpocketed her (he's a wizard)), after which we wandered around the wilderness a little until we got to an inn. From the inn we found a smuggler hideout in some caves, from the hideout we found an elevator going DOWN, from there we kept heading down towards an underground lake, we crossed the lake and we arrived at a huge, ancient forge and made some mithral heavy armour neither of us can use. And I'm just like, man what the gently caress are we doing, remember our tadpole problem? The goblin camp we were meant to explore and the kidnapped druid we said we were gonna rescue? Quests that would probably add some context as to why there's a huge, ancient forge here? Why are we getting involved with Underdark faction conflicts? But the map just keeps going and going

This is with the Lone Wolf mod that doubles actions, double actions and spell slots, which is really fun, again in this context of just loving around.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

don't even worry about attributes, go with the defaults

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I was just thinking, about the Actor feat, so it gives you EXPERTISE in deception and performance, even if you don’t have them tagged. So… if you HAVE tagged either of them, does it let you then tag another skill for free? Because that’d be real friendly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The male half-elves look real smug

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys gently caress around with the « Attitude » stuff with merchants? Like, are you actually expected to be donating stuff to traders?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So why's it not called Balduran's Gate?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey are the item rarity classes in D&D or are they a Larian addition?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What happens if you pet Scratch with Karlach?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What is the "best" wild heart barb animal?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Buddy I've been restarting this whole time. It's a real problem!! I got like 100 hours and haven't seen the end of act 1

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I miss the fun stories in the magic item descriptions from bg1 and 2… The ones here read like they’re from diablo 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Robobot posted:

I like Sean Astin. I hope we never find out he's a secret giant rear end in a top hat.

Haven’t read it on myself but word on the street is in his autobiography he’s real insecure and unpleasant !!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Comstar posted:

Comstar III the ranger died after 11 hours to the Ogres. I picked a fight after failing the speech checks (and I still had some rerolls left!) with them and tried to knock the TWO very highlighted pieces of wood down...and nothing happened. WTF is up with that.

I actually took down all 3 but set off the 2 gobbo's near the gate and they finished Gale off at the end. Next up: Comstar Goes Forth.

I think the wooden pillars are for the OGRES to use to knock down players raining arrows down on them from above

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More like Enemies!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How are you gonna roleplay as a barbarian thief…??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked the pillars of eternity 2 multiclass class names. Barbarian + bard was called Howler

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How much harder is honour mode vs tactician?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you guys think getting Friends'd feels like? Surely it's a pleasurable sensation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do thrown weapons not trigger their “on hit” effects? I’ve been throwing this spear of blinding for a while now and I don’t think the blind effect has triggered once

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bards are good now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a gameplay mechanics question:
With debuffs, it seems like sometimes characters are allowed to reroll their saves every round? But not always? Like I’m p sure this guy just removed his blindness on his turn with a successful CON save, but the Blindness spell doesn’t say anything about allowing saving throws every round.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think a recent patch mostly fixed the companion jumping thing because I haven’t had it happen to me in a long while

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It does count as a long rest I’m p sure, like if you go to camp immediately after the nautiloid ship, when you get back Shadowheart will have moved to the Druid zone

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah just did a quick test. Volo was in the Druid grove, I spoke to him, went to camp and back, and he was gone from the grove and presumably is at the goblin camp now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Been wondering. What goes here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seems super gamey