Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Do they remove the recharge station there on honor mode? There was one there on normal difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I was mad his big disco king collar wasn’t big anymore once my hobbit bard wore it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Iron Throne was such a cool sequence, one of my favorite set pieces in the game.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

What the heck is this pose

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Can you donate to the tabernacle for the buff and then steal the money back from the basement chest?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Shockeh posted:

Gortash (you know, aside from his terrible choice in allies and being a smug prick, did Gortash do much actually wrong? - I felt like Karlach's story only exists to villainise him)

Uh, the guy whose explicit goal was to implant mind-control parasites in every person in the world and force them all to be his slaves forever?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is there any effect to being openly antagonistic to the Emperor or do you still end up at the same final decision? (assuming you get the hammer)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Extremely poor planning to be vulnerable to Hold Person by that point in the game. It turns out Lae’zel slamming you with nine guaranteed crits in one round is not generally survivable no matter how legendary a villain you are.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

mycot posted:

Anyway I'm reminded of the exchange you can have with the mercenary trying to steal the githyanki egg and Lae'zel. The mercenary says the Society of Brilliance wanted the egg to prove an experiment that a Gith doesn't have to be inherently violent if raised out of that environment. Both the mercenary and Lae'zel are dismissive of the idea, but I'm pretty sure BG3 at least believes that is correct. Even Raph is kinda sorta implied to be a product of his environment.

I loved this one because Lae’zel herself, which the player has been traveling with for the whole first act of the game now, is not really demonstrably more or less violent than anyone else in this stupid fantasy world. All that lady is proving is that the Society of Brilliance has some real bracing racial stereotypes.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I kind of figured the elder brain was just making that up. Oh yeah man this was definitely all my plan all along, no cope here no sir

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The orb generating ring on a wizard can inflict 2 orb stacks per magic missile, you can get him up to maximum orb stacks in a single cast.

Another good emergency option is to get Gale killed at some point so you can do his little resurrection quest to get the super resurrection scroll, then just revive him via Withers or with an ordinary scroll of revivify, letting you keep the true resurrection scroll. It brings back a dead party member with maximum health, so they’re less likely to die again instantly.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Somewhere around 0.02% I think. Congratulations!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Why aren’t there any good fire spells after wall of fire? Feels bad respeccing to a lame ice sorcerer after act 2

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

feller posted:

You can upcast fireball or scorching ray for increased damage. Scorching ray especially is a great upcast

Just to stack on-hit effects? A level 6 scorching ray does as much damage as chain lightning which hits everyone on the board and can double from Wet, and the single-target damage is nowhere near Disintegrate.

Pyroquickness hat was underwhelming since the self-burn just pops concentration and cancels walls of fire immediately. Fire acuity hat felt pointless since you have to waste a turn casting scorching ray to benefit from it and I got my spell save DC high enough that most enemies fail their saving throws without having to waste a turn to get acuity up.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
drat now that’s degenerate.

But is unlimited power worth ugly vein face

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

cash crab posted:

can i respec party members? i am really regretting making astarion into anything other than thief class.

also really floored by how emotional i got over his personal quest.

Yeah Withers can respec for you.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
He doesn’t want you to be too powerful, because he thinks of you as a thrall and he knows what can happen when thralls rebel.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Scrolls are easy enough to come by that you can easily just have him learn all of them.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Reveilled posted:

Gale’s ice control

Is the DC for falling prone on an ice patch based on the spell save DC of the one who created the terrain patch? That’s really nuts. What have you got his DC up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Volo owns. He’s got no skills at all but somehow he ends up being very helpful every time you encounter him. I couldn’t believe how good his finale buff was.