Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
out if curiosity if I kill both (act 2 durge spoilers) isobel and the fairy am I in for a rough time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Still blown away by all the people fighting the owlbear.

Just leave, she'll get killed by goblins a bit later and you get all her stuff anyway.

not the xp

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
astarion is also more than a little horny over daddy's jimjams

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Got an external hdd,that’s the way to go right?

you should have the game on an ssd if at all possible

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe someday i'll do an Honour run but i gotta say, i hope turning companions into weird lore-unfriendly monk-bard-fighter hybrids isn't required

I've got no multiclasses and just have barb thief tempest sorc and cleric and Thorm was a bit difficult but I haven't ever been in _real_ danger of dying

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
Honour mode horror story act 3 spoiler version:

mark of negation cleaved for no apparent reason and took out all the platforms on turn 2

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

So why's it not called Balduran's Gate?

the people just liked it better that way

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm seeing people thirsting for Alfira and Kagha, but no one wants any hot milf action with Jaheira? Sad.

she just comes so late in the game, same problem as the other two non-brainworms characters.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Moon Slayer posted:

I've always been shocked more people aren't lusting over the halfling trader in the grove, the first merchant you meet.

"May you find balance" *makes intense eye contact and pouts*

my genuine surprise is the lack of wet cat Rolan art floating around

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

bird with big dick posted:

My wife is 5 months pregnant and I’m pushing for a BG3 related name so far got it narrowed down to:

Karlach
Brinna
Necromite

Us

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

RevolverDivider posted:

That was the most jank rear end bullshit I just pulled in Honor Mode. Tried to use bombs to alpha strike an enemy in the creche, hosed up and blew my entire party to hell except Astarion. He survived with two HP and managed to flee the creche while using my last invisibility potion, but the enemies wouldn't finish off my party who all stabilized so I was trapped. I had killed the merchant earlier in the mountains after trying to pickpocket her and was out of gold, so I had to scavenge the entire map for 200 gold so I could respec Astarion into a cleric, steal back the money, warp back into the Creche, kill my entire party with a grenade, cast Sanctuary and run out of the creche again so I could revive everyone and then smash through the whole creche with no issues.

GOTY

mood

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
is there a more convenient way to get into the caged safes on the right than a potion of mist form?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Lore question: Hey why aren't drow under "Elf" in character creation? deep gnomes and grey dwarves don't get their own category!!

fantasy racism

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

it bugged out and made me the weird feral bhaal fucker even though I resisted at every turn and never got slayer form or did anything bhaal wanted but I got my dice

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Do you have to do durge for honor mode? That seems like extra-hard mode.

the cape was extremely helpful

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Cavelcade posted:

The answer is to tear down the gods, not elevate yourself Gale!

good luck sneaking that one past Ao

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

woodenchicken posted:

Hmmm, but I want to go Wild for wacky randomness... What to do, what to do...

wild magic barb is ironically the most boring subclass

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

Also if you kill all the enemies except for the Cambions on the Nautiloid that should get you to level 2 once you recruit Shadowheart which will give you a bit more buffer HP if you're worried about getting one shot by the Intellect Devourers. Just make sure you're able to do it before using the console on the ship. And be careful because if the Cambion kills the Mind Flayer he will then attack you after.

Note for this to work you have to beat the stunned cultists to death instead of pressing the slay button

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Cross-Section posted:

I don't actually know what triggers Yenna as the abductee as opposed to other party members

Must be a backup for A) you've maxed approval for everyone or B) you're a solo run

if you have all three possible abductees in your party when it picks who is the impostor

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It’s actually way more hosed up to not feel at least some level of disgust at a depiction of grotesque violence against animals

you know she's also a weirdo who violently tortures and dismembers people too, right?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Morrow posted:

BG3 from Halsin's perspective must be a trip. First he teams up with Aradin and the Beno Boys, gets involved in whatever disaster that is, spends a significant amount of time trapped as a bear, presumably escapes when a murder hobo shows up and murders the goblins, returns to his grove to find that it's a hot mess under Kagha's leadership/possibly dead. Then he waddles off to the shadow-cursed lands where he launches his solo expedition to the Shadowfell. Then in Act 3 he spends another indeterminate amount of time imprisoned by the Bhaalists. All of this in addition to whatever he does while actually in your party. Also he possibly has one or more threesomes during this period.

returns home to find kagha's corpse and be a liberal about it like the rest of the druids

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

mycelia posted:

Playing as Durge: turbomurdering a bard? eating roast dwarf? Totally fine. Learning I kicked a cat? Genuinely made me wince. For me it's because that's such a mundane evil compared to all the other poo poo Durge did pre-lobotomy.

if you embrace that memory you do something much worse fwiw

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Azran posted:

I'm surprised we're talking about needless brutality in BG3 and nobody recalls you can kill three goblin kids when breaking Halsin out.

much like irl cats are seen as more human than races with which we are at war

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

space uncle posted:

It was 5 turns on Tactician for me too. I think I could do it if I tried it again, just need 1 more speed pot, misty step scroll, and invisibility scroll. But I don’t want to.

you only need to speed up a sanced character to run to omeluum everything else is reachable with dashes pretty easily

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ashcans posted:

I kept picking those up and trying to figure out if I could give them to anyone, but apparently no one cares!!

everyone and their mummy has a plan to invade the sword coast or baldur's gate or waterdeep. it's called Tuesday in faerun

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
they're his country cousins

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
if y'all don't want to actually play honor mode just mod in the golden dice, no one will know

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

honestly, one shot the boss with a sword bard and a monk

doesn't she start with sanc on her?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

That quest sucks but you can also just give everyone elixirs of see invisibility so it's more like any other combat encounter.

Also the fireworks factory??? Hell now gotta blow that top floor every time, just like the Nakatomi building

my favorite way to resolve that is to shoot a single firework from across the street into the top floor and let collateral damage do its thing

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
you can find quil grootslang's suitor in sarevoks jail headless 😔

she already died kissless but this is just salt in the wound

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Morrow posted:

I know there is one major NPC who loses their clothing when you loot them, a feature otherwise confined to companions like Minthara, but I forget who that was. It might be Alfira?

isn't it Marcus?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
then her stripper wife cheats on her while she's in the astral plane and she turns her silver sword on herself :(

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ashcans posted:

Yea, there is enough stuff around that I don't feel bad about incidental Flaming Fist casualties. There are a handful that seem ok, like Devella, so maybe just don't murder those ones.

even the ones that seem okay still work with and at a minimum aid and abet the horrific actions of the Flaming Fist at large, bad apples spoil the bunch

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

One of the weirdest and funniest banters in the game is Wyll using his first trip to the docks in a while to bring up his dad's collection of mermaid erotic fiction and quoting it from memory. The entire forgotten realms flies a freak flag.

shart remarks on his good taste if you have her there too

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Morrow posted:

It's also made clear that, for the thousands of spawn who were kept in cages for their whole unlike, it's a terrible existence of unending misery. Ending them all is a mercy kill especially since we know the afterlife exists and it's probably hella better than living off random animals on the underdark.

do vampires get to go to the afterlife?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Geekboy posted:

Found some winged horrors in Moonrise you can have a whole interaction with all off on their own in a spot you can only sort of get to.

A new thing on my … 10th? time through act 2.

I noticed them on the landing below Ketheric because I’ve started clearing his little skeleton friends when I’m clearing the tower so that the fight with him is easier. I used feather fall to jump down and talk to them.

They were mad because all the bodies are being thrown below and not fed to them. So I convinced 2 of them to eat their leader and then we had a round of combat together before they munched on him and flew away.

If you don’t feather fall from the top of the tower, you have to fly up from the landing on the second floor. From there, you’ve got ladders and a wall you can break down to get back inside on the 2nd floor.

Voice acted. A choice to make. A little combat. And I’ve never even seen anyone else mention them.
they just wanted feet :(

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Can’t the host move the companions into whoever’s control? Whenever I join a friend’s game he spends a few seconds arranging that stuff.

yeah you just press escape and go to multiplayer and it lets you move NPCs around

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

mycot posted:

Regarding cutscenes that are weird in retrospect: everyone makes fun of the early cutscene where the Narrator calls Gortash "a handsome young man" but seriously what the hell is with the scene near the beginning of Act 3 where the Steel Watch robots are heavily implied to not be real robots? One of them resonates with the tadpole to send you a message and I kept expecting a reveal that they were literal :can: but you go to the factory where they're made and it never happens.

yes it literally does?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

In hindsight one thing that bugs me about Durge is having Shads kill the Nightsong is treated as though you killed Isobel personally. Telling someone they should kill someone else, leading to a third person dying in a way you probably wouldn't actually predict - even if it isn't really a surprise - isn't the same as bathing in their guts is it
Bhaal appreciates delegation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Snowy posted:

I think I’m going to buy this game, normally I’d wait a few years to get it cheap but I’m impatient.

I’m also more interested in all the funny gameplay options I’ve been hearing about rather than focusing on lots of combat. If I can somehow win a battle with words, sneak around or push someone off a cliff that’s more fun to me than the fights.

From what I’ve heard through friends it sounds like I should start with bard to have lots of dialog options and sneaky tricks.

Are there any other classes I should check out or is bard a good place to start for a scaredy cat trying to weasel out of fights all the time?

bard and charisma barbarian are probably the best two classes for avoiding fights