Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

this Keyheric thorm fight is driving me loving nuts. one guy gets instant gibbed by the drider, everyone else gets frightened, someone gets domed by the necromite spell and the nightsong just fights the dog. I got hosed up by the long fight beforehand and can’t long rest. I’m level 8 with 1k xp to go before level 9. should I just reload and try to find some way to level? I feel like I’ve done everything but apparently you can go into the fight at level 10 so I have to be missing some stuff. My party is paladin druid barb fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I didn’t realize leaving the tower would let you long rest, I swapped out laezel for Halsin and won the fight after a couple more attempts. The drider is a real motherfucker! I could see people easily just getting stuck at this fight.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I’m fighting the grease monsters and the crazy man in the sewer but I can’t seem to set the fight up without my own party getting Surprised. If I try starting the fight with Astarion knocking him down everyone else is surprised, if I open up with a fireball into the grease from downstairs Astarion winds up surprised. Is it because im initiating combat out of sight or something?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

So in the sewers of act 3, I guess there was a dude named Minsc I was supposed to find down there? I didn’t find much in the way of quest breadcrumbs for this area, just wandered in from Rivington, cleared the whole thing out, and popped up on the docks where I killed the fuzzy guys inside. Jaheira is dead which I think matters for the spoilered thing. If she’s dead do I miss out on all the actual quests down there? I murdered everyone in the sewers with very little context—seems like there’s a gang of smugglers, a gang of deaths head people, and a random nastymancer. was I supposed to get a quest from somewhere first is my question.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Where is minsc supposed to be if jaheira is dead? I thought he was supposed to be in the sewers but I didn’t see him.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Zodium posted:

what house rules do everyone play with? my first two runs were pretty no holds barred, but I decided to make up a few honorable rules for my honor mode run, and it definitely made the game a lot more fun for me:

* no pickpocketing vendors.
* no respeccing to reset vendor inventories or buy max attitude.
* no buff/utility bot characters.
* no haste or speed potions.
* no globe of invulnerability.
* no alert.

not so much trying to jack up the difficulty as prevent myself from trivializing the game and relying on repetitive boring stuff.

im doing all of this except the haste potion thing on my first playthrough just kind of on accident.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

most of that game was spent meticulously stacking barrels and I loved it!!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

im at the endgame and all of the fights i have left are very difficult. house of grief is kicking my rear end, orin is kicking my rear end, I haven’t tried gortash or house of hope yet because from what I hear those will also kick my rear end. im level 12. maybe I should swap laezel out for gale but i feel like ill be so squishy with bardadin (i think im level 10 swords bard level 2 pally?) astarion monk/rogue (should i swap out the last rank in monk for the rank in rogue that halves damage?) shart and gale.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I’ve had this game since day of launch and finally forced myself to slog through the act 3 side quests. good lord this game has some cool set pieces. and full penetration! I only did the one love scene that the plot lets you do at the start of act 3 so that was a pretty big surprise

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Raphael was an order of magnitude more difficult than Cazador for me. Finally finished the game yesterday goddamn it was good. I went through as a dumb but noble half-orc paladin. gonna start a durge right away.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

is the durge canonically a sorcerer in the same way that he’s canonically a white Dragonborn?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Bum the Sad posted:

lol what which romances are those

if you choose the option that ends the game with haarlep you see about a second and a half of piv

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

BlazetheInferno posted:

So uhh... I was worried going into (act 3) Raphael's fight. Turns out... I really shouldn't have been. He didn't take an action all fight long. I will fully admit I savescummed to get Yurgir on my side with that DC30 check, because I thought I would NEED him to stand a chance. I could have taken him. No problem. By the time I took out the pillars, and dismantled all the Cambions (two banished by Hope, and Korilla utterly murdered by Yurgir), Raphael had spent two turns breaking free from back-to-back Hold Monsters... and then I realized his Inevitable Resolve doesn't apply to Hideous Laughter. Considering the DC for that from my Bardstarion is sitting at 21, and then climbed up to 24 a turn or two later... Raphael was never getting up again. The five Fiend-Slaying Arrows I saved for him from my Gloomstalker Tav turned out to just be a time-saving measure. I think after all that, I'm legally obligated to choose the "I was expecting him to put up more of a fight" dialogue option with Hope afterward.

I had to reload that fight a dozen times, every time I tried hitting him with the laughter a cambion would swat me out of it and break my concentration. was the hardest fight in the game for me except maybe grief.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

im trying honor mode for my durge playthrough which is my second overall. last played through acts 1 anx 2 when the game came out so this is extremely stressful. weird how honor mode encourages the exact opposite! should I go down to tactician ? Is this going to end in tragedy?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

loving harpies ended honor mode. what an unbelievably lovely fight. at least it was quick

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

my second honor mode run ended at level 3 again after flinging poop in a goblins face. his buddies sounded the drum, I should have ran for it. you really have to plot this poo poo out huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

tarbrush posted:

Oh no! That feels like a mistake you'll only make once!

Well yeah, the runs over