Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

"There is a poisonous lust that stains my mind, like blood spilling into a black pool"
"well nobody's perfect"

I wasn't really looking forward to gibbing Alfira but I had a pop at Kagha so the druids did it for me lol. whoopsydoodle

If the goblins consider this a dub they will find they are wildly mistaken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Whats funny is if you take control of Aster and drink her blood the old-fashioned way, she still flips a poo poo

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Kind of disappointed when the 'paladins' say Karlach slaughtered the grove you don't have the opportunity to say 'That was me bitch'

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Also kind of disappointed: a fey warlock doesn't see through Ethel in the grove

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

yo I just looked up where Alfira even is in act 1 cos I'd never actually seen her alive and not only had I twice managed to miss a chunk of the map I'd managed to miss basically a whole rear end music video

this poo poo is wild

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I'm ok with not being able to recruit Karl this run cos I did kinda sorta prompt a tiefling genocide, but it's a bit of a drag I couldn't correct her when she accused me of doing it myself. Honey you would've wanted to kill Kagha too.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Pellisworth posted:

Lae'zel's dialogue and githyanki in general give me Klingon vibes

I like when Proud Warrior Cultures produce stunted fuckwits because they obviously would

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Being bad at the game is optimal cos it means more long rests.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

F5 is quicksave, F8 quickload

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

TraderStav posted:

Also, there's so many branches in the plot and quests that don't save scum, live with your choices and have a wonderful unique adventure. No need to optimize for anything but fun!

Counterpoint: savescum as much as you like, you will know in your heart where the line is.

I like to savescum interactions to see if/how I can break them

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

There is currently a bug on PC where trying to drag and drop items to sell will drag the item several slots below the one you're hovering over. Meaning you end up selling stuff you probably didn't want to sell. Very annoying

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Well unless we both happen to be going insane in the exact same way. Which is possible I suppose.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Is the owlbear supposed to be in your camp after you've chased him or does he get lost somewhere else. I can't tell cos some of the other npcs on my file are a bit broken lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Yeah I did do that, I just have loads of cutscenes saved up cos I got too many hos.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

If you don't have the dwarfish dinner achievement you're probably prioritizing the wrong things

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Improve your XP yield from NPCs by passing their speech checks, then killing them

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

You can get that ring early act 1 in fact

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Black Noise posted:

They also ruined Mind Sanctuary and Perilous Stakes :argh:

what's mind sanctuary

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Mind Sanctuary deez nuts lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

poo poo online says you aren't supposed to have Summon Shovel permanently, but I seem to. Did they change that?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Well good. She's a bit useless but she's a mascot innit.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Actually a high tier strat I discovered is having her turn invisible and stand in front of a ladder

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

What's slightly odd is the poisoned deep gnome calling the duergar 'greys'

motherfucker have you looked at... yourself... recently

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Where the gently caress is my Shadowheart/Nocturne fanart

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

where the gently caress is BOOOAL on the map even. I've literally only ever heard of him

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Okay thank you.

Also I hate those arcane turrets. bloody things

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Check this poo poo out I just killed Mizora. Is this normal

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

OK so for the game to let me kill Mizora I have to attack her where Scratch and/or Owlbear will witness it, otherwise she just heals up and shrugs it off. But that makes both of them temporarily hostile, meaning owlbear leaves camp. Anyone got any ideas for how to get around this?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't kill them in camp no matter what? The only way you can actually kill them is in Act 2 if you use the mind flayer pod to annihilate her. This is a bad idea because A. it sends Wyll to hell and B. doesn't even actually kill her, it just temporarily banishes her back to Avernus

OK let me explain what actually happened. I'm currently in Act 1. I had Wyll lying dead in my camp cos I technically sided with the goblins and he can't leave if he's dead. I went to the Mountain Pass where Mizora's cutscene usually plays (I'm just gonna keep spoilers on from now on). She did actually turn up but as an NPC with no dialogue. Hitting her would cause her to heal up as NPCs tend to do as a failsafe, unless Scratch and/or the owlbear cub were watching (afaict), in which case all three of them would aggro. This actually let me kill Mizora, but I was also forced to knock out my pets. When I tried it last night the owlbear cub left the following morning, but when I tried it again today he didn't. I don't really know why. I did use Animal Friendship on him but that didn't stop him aggroing. I also used a Potion of Healing on him while he was knocked out.

I would have preferred to try this on a run where I sided with the grove so I could see if Wyll's quest broke later on, but I would be surprised if it made a difference. the game surely doesn't log Mizzy being dead since she's not supposed to be killable in the first place.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Dragonwagon posted:

Why is there a nipple in my armpit? Is this a half-orc thing?

This is more common than you might think actually

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Hmm looks like the goblin party won't proc if all the goblins are dead. Not sure what I expected.

It does mean that Minthara is still standing there in Zevlor's hideout telling me we'll 'celebrate our victory'. No we won't honey.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

TraderStav posted:

256 hours in, just found out there's a morgue under the House of Healing and it sure isn't a tiny area.

Is that the one full of poison gas that gives you disadvantage on die rolls so if youre not in combat it doesn't matter but your party still refuses to walk through it so you have to manually guide them all through it one at a time? cos I hate that poo poo

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I'm not saying the fight wasn't easy

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Speaking of major scripting issues, when do you normally get the second part of Wyll's quest (ie, being tasked to save Mizora)? Long rest early in act 2, right?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Azhais posted:

Usually as I walk toward the tower for the first time, it's an interrupt at the start of the bridge

Ok cool, my man has a ! on his head that won't go away and I'm not clear why

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

This mf said Zarlach

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

JBP posted:

I'm going to take dual wielder on my sorcerer and carry two sticks :ssj:

It may not be 'optimal' but I intend to dual wield Mourning Frost and Incandescent Staff for most of the game because the flavour is sick. Fire and ice baybeeee

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Minthara shat the bed a little on my current run cos she said Shadowheart had renounced Shar even though I haven't been there yet. I know people used to bitch about minty being half-baked, is that still the case?

e: also the game does not expect you to take minty in the boat to last light if you haven't actually been there yet lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Has anybody even done that achievement on a character they're actually using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I like how in the epilogue Karlithid has become a gestalt of the people she's euthanized

she stays winning