Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Good OP, good game.

Currently honor running through Act I trying to vacuum up as much XP as I can without hitting any of the tough fights, the ironman mode really changes the approach to things.

For anyone else thinking about doing an honor mode run I will say that it's worth it to put the effort into cheesing the first commander fight to kill him and the mindflayer and get the everburn blade, you can hit level 2 at the nautiliod crash and it smooths out the early game tremendously.

Network42 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

unattended spaghetti posted:

I asked this last thread but am still wondering. Is say tempest cleric 5 vengeance paladin 7 okay for multi? Not planning to use wisdom. More wanting to supplement paladin melee with cool lightning abilities. But didn't know if lower wisdom would hobble it or not.

If you don't care about the cleric flavor, bard or warlock would be way better spellcasting multi classes as they allow you to largely focus on Chariama without needing too many other stats.
Warlock/paladin is a strong melee machine and literally only needs charisma in fact.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Can you still romance Minthara if you knock her out in act I? I rescued her in act II and she doesn't seem to do or say much yet, no approving or disapproving or anything?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
What's the +1d6 until long rest in act 3? I know there's bliss spores from the myconids, and I know there's one in act3 but can't seem to figure out what is is, now that I've finally gotten an honor mode run to the lower city.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Gort posted:

What's the best build that synergises with the various Illithid powers you can get? Thief, maybe, and hope you get the Illithid powers as a bonus action from the Zaith'isk?

Most of the powers seem aggressively mediocre or detached from the rest of the game mechanics.

If you go full squid, especially as minor actions, it's basically a class on its own. A bunch of the later ones are crazy powerful and/or do very unique things. Thief is good to get the extra minor action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I think my latest honor mode run might be hosed?

I'm attacking the gnolls outside the zhent cave, and Flind walked up and triggered the conversation where you can worm command her. Something happened and the conversation got pulled back to the main combat screen. Now everyone is just standing around, I can't seem to get back into the conversation OR give anyone any commands. The problem is I stupidly hit alt+f4 instead of going through the task manager to close it, and this issue is persisting through the save.

Anyone familiar with any similar situation to know how to unfuck this? It's really annoying because I'm like halfway to level 6, so I'm pretty deep into act I.

Basically the game thinks there's a conversation going on, but I'm in the battle screen, I can't give anyone any commands, don't have my hotbar, etc. But I've clicked on everyone and it won't go into the convo.

Network42 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 10, 2024