Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Thesaurus posted:

Why should I rinse my rice? I've literally never done it

Depends on where you live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3CHsbNkr3c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Giving it a good wash really changes it as you wash off the starch. Makes it easier to fry as well.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Personally I have failed at making rice in the rice cooker, well it's always edible, but I've managed to get rice I felt was too mushy. I think it's easier to get rice just the way I like it in the pot. But I am more used to using a pot or big sauce pan, my SO is more used to using the rice cooker.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Everett False posted:

When my spouse was diagnosed as diabetic, they were told by their doctor that they should avoid all rice and if they had to eat rice it should only ever be brown rice.

... I still eat a lot of white rice. I hate brown rice. No matter how careful we are there's always at least one hard gross hull in there. And it's not as good with an egg on top.

I eat rice and I have diabetes, it does like to make the blood sugar spike so I gotta compensate by taking extra insulin. Making the food contain more fat also helps. Fat slows the release of sugars.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I tried whole grain rice and boy is it better for my sugar levels compared to white rice. I also like the texture.