Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

On the topic of enrichment actually, why do people bother doing it if everybody who knows how to cook rice is just going to wash off all the vitamin dust anyways? Is washing rice a relatively new development historically, and back when enrichment was first implemented in the 20th century people were more likely to actually eat the vitamin dust (seems pretty unlikely, I would assume rice has been washed forever)? Is it just westerners looking at the success of enriching flours and thinking "oh let's do this with rice too" but not realizing that rice gets washed while flour doesn't? I would like to know more about rice enrichment, most of my knowledge on the history of food enrichment is in a Euro-American context.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Can confirm, semi-accidentally bought an Aroma years ago without doing too much research because it was cheap and the household needed a rice cooker. Absolutely indestructible, good quality, all the functions I've ever needed, and it was all of like $25 or something to boot.