Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i love the rice thread, and also eating rice

dino. posted:

I add way way way more than a pinch. Please salt your rice.

after cooked? before?

i have certainly come around to this, especially when eating rice with something that might taste under-seasoned when served on unsalted rice

cilantro, lime, salt and rice is very good base for beans and/or sweet potatoes

--

for the people who dont wash rice: i have been in a huge rice silo in a port and it is less clean that you'd probably think. its an industrial facility for putting a huge amount of grain onto a boat. each individual grain is whatever, but in aggregate, give that rice a rinse

also, sketchy man lift

tbh, the rice supply chain is probably very interesting

--

re: soaking rice...

is there a general recommendation for soaking rice?

i mostly eat short grain brown rice and soak it about an hour. i think comes out better and ends up using less time/energy (but also less water, you have to adjust)

up to a few hours is pretty much fine as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU