Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Cornwind Evil posted:

I think if Chris Carter could go back to the start of it and do it again, I think he might have just decided to abandon the series long conspiracy arc and just do Monster of the Week episodes. They hold up a lot better than the 'making it up as he goes along, ends up a tangled mess of like seven different plotlines which eventually involved Mulder's missing sister having been rescued by angels or something like that'.
I suspect he'd double down on the conspiracy arc. Way too much of the revival seasons were wasted on his dumb 'My Struggle' quartet, one of which ended up having to be retconned as a dream, and everything linked to them when we could have had more crazy standalone stuff like the AI episode or Darin Morgan stories. ('The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat' justifies the whole of season 10.)

Both Scully and Gillian Anderson rule. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Ginette Reno posted:

Mitch Pileggi fuckin rocks.

and is the true sex symbol of the X-files
The final episode was such bullshit with Skinner's feet sticking out from underneath CSM's crashed car. In my mind there's a deleted scene where you hear him growl "Son of a bitch!" and he heaves it clear like the Hulk.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Bonzo posted:

Dark Skies was a really good X-Files-like show on NBC but only got one season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Skies

They had everything plotted out for 5 seasons and it was pretty good from what I remember.
And it featured a pre-Seven of Nine Jeri Ryan too!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Shageletic posted:

How do you do a conspiracy show when the only conspiracies people care about is racism
The Darin Morgan season 10 episode 'The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat' explains perfectly why The X Files just wouldn't work in its original format any more, and should really have been the final episode ever because it dynamites the entire premise of the show when it's placed in a modern context.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Cornwind Evil posted:

I.. don't see how, please explain. (Is being serious)

Fox Mulder posted:

It's true Scully, I've lost the plot. I can't find the hidden connections between things anymore. The world has become too crazy for even my conspiratorial powers.

Dr They posted:

They don't care if the truth gets out. Because the public no longer knows what is meant by the truth.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Icochet posted:

If the title sequence wasn't so goddamn iconic it would be dumb as hell. Just random weird stuff like red finger bones, the protagonists entering a room, oozing balls and a stretchy face. Government denies knowledge.
I once came up with lyrics for it. Bet you can see it in your head!

A wobbly UFO
A spinning plasma globe
Two germinating seeds
And David Duchovny
With Gillian Anderson
And a white falling man
An eye
[DUN]

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Bonzo posted:

Aliens landed in Roswell.
I liked Dark Skies' take on Roswell:

Alien: We're going to take over your planet. Surrender now,
Harry S Truman: Nuh-uh. [Departing UFO gets blasted to pieces by anti-aircraft cannons]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
First Person Shooter, where a team of about three people invent the holodeck and the only application they can think to use it for is Laser Tag.