Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tidal wave emulator
Aug 7, 2007

We finished our watch-through recently and the drop-off in quality from S6 on coincides with them moving filming from Vancouver to LA (entirely at Duchovny's behest). It lost Vancouver's grey, damp and ominous atmosphere that really contributed to the tone of the show and suddenly everything was bright and sunbleached. Plus every episode they were having to come up with more and more convoluted reasons for Mulder & Scully to jet off to the west coast for yet another desert-based mystery.

Doggett was a pretty good character but they never really got a good handle on writing for Reyes (and the less said about what they did with her in final season the better). If they'd had the guts to properly focus on Doggett & Reyes' characters in S8 and 9 I think it would have benefitted the show, but it really suffered from the hunt for Mulder and then having Scully just sort of floating about in some of the later episodes and not really doing much other than reminding you of Team Mulder & Scully not being around anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tidal wave emulator
Aug 7, 2007

Lucy Lawless's Super Soldier was supposed to be a recurring character in S9 but she ended up having a traumatic pregnancy and they had to write her out of the show almost immediately which is a bit of a shame as that could have been cool.

tidal wave emulator
Aug 7, 2007

Bonzo posted:

They also come with that sweet, sweet tax credit.

I think every single CW series filmed in Vancouver, at least the Arrowverse. I see lots of shows now shooting in Halifax and other parts of NS.

Also the fact that every planet in Stargate SG-1 just happened to have the exact same biome as inland British Columbia.