Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Shageletic posted:

How do you do a conspiracy show when the only conspiracies people care about is racism

Probably ends up in horrible the racism is just a cover territory given the zeitgeist’s near endless appetite to cover up for and defend racists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

redshirt posted:

A pre-Watergate X-Files would be fantastic. A naive, optimistic population...

There are a couple episodes like that, the one about the black alien playing baseball and also the one with the spider alien inside his mouth.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Pimpcasso posted:

jose chungs from outer space is a masterpiece

motw episodes rule, the myth arc poo poo can go in the weeds

Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose is up there too. Several of my favorites in season 3

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

I kind of liked that the myth arc made no sense in the end. There were various aliens involved with various goals, and a bunch of humans, but they were lying to each other.

You know, like real people do. So nobody ever really knew quite what was going on.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Wow I never watched Season 11 of the Xfiles, somehow I missed it coming out. Most of these are really bad. For some reason they keep having Mulder be like an action hero?

Fighting guys with his hands handcuffed (and yes, at least they threw in a sex joke but...)

Forehead sweat was good though.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

There is a service that lets you print cards on card stock, used for novelty poker but lots of magic players print proxies o them.

Anyway if you had the images you could print decks.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

a friend of mine tried to print out a bunch of proxies for a cube at a FedEx store and they said "no we can't print a bunch of copyrighted stuff". like it wasnt some judgement they made on the spot, they were familiar with what Magic cards were and clearly Wizards had already got to them

It’s called makeplayingcards.com it’s a whole thing but you have use different backs and remove the copyright symbols they print them in China and ship international.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Bonzo posted:

When people complain about LOST not having a well thought out ending I tell them to go watch X-Files and get back to me.

This is a total cop out. Lindelof is a hack/con man writer.

The xfiles was more than a decade before Lost and helped set the stage for story bibles and multi season arcs. It’s like Musk blaming Ford for the fact his cars explode.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

Why would there be a children's school for the deaf in the middle of the Arizona desert?

Because it makes such a dramatic location. Also this society is truly gross in how it treats anyone with any kind of non standard need and funding is so totally random. And historically there’s been a moral implication imputed to being deaf or unable to walk etc.. and facilities are frequently in nasty locations.

There’s a whole fish worth of bones to pick with the x-files but not the location of that school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

:wtf: Dogget just shot John Locke from Lost and he got run over by a train that Mulder was riding on?! :psyduck:

EDIT: AND HE SURVIVED SOMEHOW?!

EDIT: I should really put my phone down and focus on the episodes while watching so I know what's going on.

Just wait till you watch millennium which is part of a shared universe.