Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I enjoyed the Will Sasso invisible man episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

One of the first episodes I saw was The Goldberg Variation with the lucky guy & I enjoyed it but it threw me off about how dark other episodes could get.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

In 2020 when most public pools were closed, David Duchovny reached out to an Paralympic swimmer who needed somewhere to train and let him use his Malibu house pool whenever he wanted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/...&smid=url-share

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Gravitee posted:

Other guest starts include:

Ryan Reynolds
Lucy Liu
Jane Lynch
Felicity Huffman
Octavia Spencer
Seth Green
Jack Black
Brad Dourif (but this one is kinda obvious)
Shia LaBeouf
Aaron Paul
Giovanni Ribisi
I could go on...

Most of these were before they made it "big" too!

If you like guest stars before they made it big, 80s Twilight Zone is a goldmine. Frances McDormand, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren… the hits keep coming. Plus so many pre-Star Trek actors show up like Frakes & Tim Russ, plus a rare non-Trek Brent Spiner.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

thin blue whine posted:

i tried re-watching the whole series a few weeks ago after not having watched any X-Files in probably 15 years, but after a couple episode i realized i just wanted to jump around and watch single episodes so i've been doing that. i forgot how good some of the MotW episodes are but Bad Blood. i liked Bad Blood a lot more on a re-re-watch.

Yeah there are quite a few nothing eps, especially early on that there aren’t any really good reasons to watch except for completionist purposes. Like early Simpsons having clip shows, can watch if you want but why?

lol just remembered a Lone Gunman episode where they have a working car engine that runs off water instead of gasoline but they don’t release it as they somehow think it will be worse for the environment. Never mind that such a device would easily mean safe & free infinite heat, power, etc as well as taking a lot of power from some of the worst autocracies, and make blood for oil wars obsolete. But no, this will clearly result in more roads so Lone Gunmen are vetoing.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

JediTalentAgent posted:

X-Files was apparently fairly popular in Japan in its heyday.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19960322&slug=2320199

Huh interesting. I remember Twin Peaks was big enough there Dale Cooper did coffee ads.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 27, 2023

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

DRINK ME posted:

I had totally forgotten but there was a podcast called Kumail Nanjiani’s The X-Files Files (he’s Dinesh in Silicon Valley, stand up guy, animal control officer in the S10 were-monster episode) which was pretty good. It was basically a rewatch podcast - an episode of the podcast per episode of the show, where they rewatch the episode and talk about it with a guest who usually has some connections to the show and/or episode.

He was into season 4 of the rewatch and stopped, which was also around the time he did his appearance on season 10 and I’ve only just gone looking for a reason, which was “don’t turn something you love into work.”

In the back of my head I had the idea he’d gone paid subscription or platform exclusive like a bunch of podcasts did, and because I used to listen to a lot of podcasts to get me through the work day, I never bothered to look.

Anyway, it still exists on the various platforms and there’s a bunch of interesting guests talking X-Files.

Oh nice that does sound good. I’d imagine he may have got too busy? He’s in a ton of stuff & was the only good part of the Eternals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Rewatched The Goldberg Variation, meh it’s fine. Wish they’d had bigger ideas for how to use the concept past battling Generic Mafia, like how the genie episode took some fun big swings.