Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The reason the mythology arcs don't line up is that they are nearly all pulled from established ufology lore. In a way it's a monster of the week but more alien conspiracy of the week and since almost all the conspiracies involved the government somehow they tried to make some narrative.

I think Carter just really liked listening to Coast to Coast.

If the show was made now the myth arc would basically just be the narrative framing of theblackvault repository mixed in with the whole tic tac to Grush stuff in the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
One thing that bugged me is that whenever someone dies Carter kept saying no one really stays dead in the X-Files. Which....other than one, maybe two cases is complete horseshit.

I also grimace at the later episodes where it comes across as really antivax.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

Just about to watch the final episode of Season 11. Have done the full run, every episode from the start.

Got as far as the movie when it first aired after losing interest in Season 5.

I feel like I should get drunk or something afterwards. It's basically the only thing I've watched for like a year

You aren't the only one. The movie felt like it was trying to wrap things up or start to with one more season but they decided to forever it

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

Someone on Reddit suggested that she come back as the Director of the FBI, since Mulder(?) once said he expected to see her in the role one day. Plus then she could show up as much or as little as she liked, given how important her job would be. I like that, and hope to see it.

Those would be big tightly whities to fill but would be a good progression for her character, who tends to get the poo poo end of the stick throughout the show.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
How the hell did the Kathy Griffin episode get through second draft at the writing table. It was worse than the mars ghost face episode, since at least that one had tons of camp.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I always thought it was because they were concerned about people being confused when channel surfing and had to make each and every episode other than Roman numeral episodes approachable going in.

There was a big fear of if you had an overarching narrative and someone missed the first four episodes they would be too lost and not bother.

I don't know if anything was ever concrete or understood but indefinitely started seeing a lot more overarching plot lines once streaming started getting big. Which makes streaming in today's world even more dumb when amazon and the like would have like seasons 3 and 8 or some poo poo and not even in full.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Years ago? YouTube? Then probably synced to Linkin Park, anime intros, or repeatedly saying "desu" or "cccccccombo breaker wombocombo"

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I never realized that before. The whole going from forested areas and the like to barren rocks and dust all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm finally watching the last season. The whole episode feels like it was cut for a movie trailer. And no one talks to one another they just monologue. And every sentence is a cliche.

How many times are they going to knock out Scully