Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Scully, according to the Lone Gunmen, there are reports of something strange going on with posters at the something awful forums. And before you say anything, no, not in the usual sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Then every time there's a religion themed episode, Scully is like "Mulder you are a close-minded bigot for not recognizing that baby Jesus himself came to earth and gave this girl stigmata"

E: gently caress, I probably should have read more than one post before replying

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Scully, the Aliens turned a part of Arizona into a Pacific Northwest forest, we must investigate!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Encrypted posted:

One thing that drove my friend who worked in the science field nuts was Scully’s pronunciation of ‘aspergillus’ in x-cops, where she said it like aspergers.

Excuse me, Scully is a medical doctor

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Detective Thompson posted:

The Flukeman was actually played by Darin Morgan, who, as you know, when on to later join the writing team and wrote some of the best episodes of the series.

I always knew his success as a writer was just a fluke

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm the Indian guy on the little scooter with some gross power I can't remember. I think he crawls inside you through your butt?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think the "they move on as though nothing happened even if it should have far reaching consequences" aspect works in the X Files because the characters are government agents selected specifically for their ability not to question things in a way that would stir the water and not to overextend their reach. They turn in their dossiers and it's not up to them to question the follow up by the higher ups. And even so the show acknowledges that the characters have a life outside of the episodes that's affected by their findings, i.e. Mulder feeding bits of information to the conspiracy theorist community.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Outpost22 posted:

How does one become an alien booty hunter?

Ask Mulder to vouch for you at the next club meeting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Did Alf ever show up on the X-Files?

The sexy bigfoot was female alf