Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

maybeadracula posted:

The mytharc episodes feel the weakest NOW

But the show wasn't made for now. Those were the most exciting by far at the time

If they're all stand-alone you can miss one, but you had to watch in case CSM CGB was going to show up

:haibrow:

Everything we know about :airquote: Prestige TV :airquote: begins with the X files. The idea of a season-spanning story in an era that effectively pre-dates physical media for television* was completely revolutionary. The vast majority of TV at the time was designed specifically for syndication - any episode could be played in any order (preferably from any season). In retrospect the mytharc is not good, but it was culture-changing at the time.

*I seem to remember the boxed DVD set of the x-files was over a hundred dollars at Sun Coast. It def. wasn't available for rent at Blockbuster or any local shop, and :lol::lmao: at buying it across 8 VHS (or however many it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
If someone remade it, they'd have to keep the setting in the 90s. FBI agents investigating werewolves with smartphones post 9/11 isn't the X files

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
it wouldnt change the structure of the show much. I think Scully logged into the FBI computers to look stuff up occasionally, but (iirc) Mulder was paper only. The biggest difference would be no answering machine plots.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Warehouse 13 is another great X-Files-ish kind of show. Monster of the week , underlying conspiracy, skeptic vs. believer

Have we talked about Millennium yet or have I had too much egg nog?

:hmmyes: I really liked Warehouse 13, although IIRC the ending was bad

Eureka was not good