Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Winkle-Daddy posted:

I miss the old highly specific internet quizzes for shows like The X-Files with questions like "how many times did agent Scully pull her service weapon without firing it in seasons one through three?" and then when you answer wrong its all "do you even watch the show??" those were psychotic.

That was a psychological exam. You actually passed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

JetSetGo posted:

It was like 35% interesting, 65% filler. Do love me some Gillian Anderson tho.

The filler, I growl through gritted teeth, was the best part

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Philthy posted:

i liked when gillian anderson went on a talk show and said she would like to be anal probed by aliens and everyone cheered

*tugs on collar*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Vampire Panties posted:

*I seem to remember the boxed DVD set of the x-files was over a hundred dollars at Sun Coast. It def. wasn't available for rent at Blockbuster or any local shop, and :lol::lmao: at buying it across 8 VHS (or however many it was)

I definitely remember renting x files tapes from video stores that would make blockbuster look high brow. Die Hand die verlezt ftw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cool band photo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Budzilla posted:

I loved the X-Files while growing up and I always preferred the MotW episodes. Although I rewatched Clyve Bruckman's Final Repose recently with a friend and he did point out as a procedural it is complete rubbish even though it was great TV.

your friend sounds complete rubbish!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SRQ posted:

on poster print of that size and quality?
it'd end up running me more than the 15 bucks this was, it's just weird how it has JPEG artifacts.

E: Wait a second this is an entirely different poster and also not the same as what's pictured, goddamnit amazon.

Never seen an x-file solved so quickly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What is that picture of him in armor from

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So lucky.

imagine getting to lick david duchovny

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

he's apparently a writer is he any good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gravitee posted:

I don't care much for his music but his novels are decent to pretty good. I really liked the last one, Truly Like Lightning. I think they're filming that one and Bucky loving Dent.

please dont preempt my posts but thanks for the answer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

maybeadracula posted:

Look at that pig's huge ball

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

redshirt posted:

It's ironic.

Scully's skepticism in the face of unrelenting weirdness is the most unexplainable aspect of the show.

Scully's skepticism and also insanely Catholic when the story demands. Meanwhile mulder has no time for that weird poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mulder is a logger living and working under an assumed identity in the same place as dexter. Also there's also every other sort of miscreant there, from mob bosses to bank robbers, but mulder's too distracted hunting for bigfoot and aliens to notice all the potentially ripe arrests

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Disco Pope posted:

5) Scully cracks open wordperfect and starts her report "Since the dawn of time, man has been terrified and fascinated by woodchippers. In this essay, I will..."

lmao that's the exact voice she uses too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

SCULLY: Well, what do you think?

MULDER: I think what we have to do is track Eugene Tooms, there's four down and one to go this year. If we don't get him right now, the next chance is in year.....

SCULLY: 2023.

MULDER: And you're gonna be head of the bureau by then.

The hibernate thing was such a cool premise. Them talking with the 63 detective about the older cases in 33 and I think even older cases in 1903 kinda made it this multi generation effort with long absent detectives contributing. Shockingly competent writing for early 90s network tv

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Did jose chungs get a novelization

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Real Amethyst posted:

Anybody remember the X-Files ps1 game?
It had some hilarious scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2--vHuDV5g

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Much like the simpsons, the xfiles should have never left the 90s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

i'd watch it. then again i watched all of sleepy hollow and liked most of it so im not exactly impartial or discerning

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Icochet posted:

If the title sequence wasn't so goddamn iconic it would be dumb as hell. Just random weird stuff like red finger bones, the protagonists entering a room, oozing balls and a stretchy face. Government denies knowledge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laterite posted:

Just rewatched The Lost Art Of Forehead Sweat for the first time since it aired, and what an all-time classic. Even better this time around.

There were a small handful of episodes worth watching in the revival and it was easily the best

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

X-Files was apparently fairly popular in Japan in its heyday.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19960322&slug=2320199

The unit 731 episode was edited down to just 5 minutes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

Mulder looks upon the wreckage, wondering if its destruction was a good or bad thing in the overall scheme of things. Scully comforts him with the idea that, "Who knows, Mulder. If what you said is true, if you believe it, it died being hit by a truck, too. If you believe its victims are still alive on some other world as great heroes, maybe it is, too..."

that does sound exactly like something she'd say

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

pseudanonymous posted:

Wow I never watched Season 11 of the Xfiles, somehow I missed it coming out. Most of these are really bad. For some reason they keep having Mulder be like an action hero?

Fighting guys with his hands handcuffed (and yes, at least they threw in a sex joke but...)

Forehead sweat was good though.

Mulder is a superman

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All Scullys are Beautiful

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Isn't X the guy who captures and experiments on Monk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

gently caress you're lucky

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bonzo posted:

tfw you see any other title other than The Truth Is Out There at the end of the opening.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

Scully, the Aliens turned a part of Arizona into a Pacific Northwest forest, we must investigate!

It's amazing how much the florida panhandle looks like washington

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Snow Cone Capone posted:

i had the YA novelization of the "green bugs in the forest that kill the loggers" episode

I had The Tooms episode, i think I win this one.

Disco Pope posted:

That's a grisly episode - has a couple of live cremations too, if I remember correctly.

It also feels weirdly like a backdoor pilot for a show about the Chinatown cop they assist, but that was never intentional to my knowledge.

Except he gets live cremated at the end IIRR lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Forming a super hero team with the inbred clan, the devil child, fluke guy and Monk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SRQ posted:

It was an age where conspiracy theorists were harmless kooks and the conspiracies were interested in things we didn't know about but should: UFOs, Governmental spying, paranormal. Things that didn't have evidence, but people thought evidence should exist for. The basis being that mainstream media and news is a disinformation agenda covering up the evidence.

I'm p sure there was a lot of evidence that the government was spying even back then lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Grogquock posted:

Watching terrible season seven and Sein und Zeit and Closure are the most incoherent two-parter episodes I think I've seen yet. It's like someone's horrible JonBenét Ramsey fanfiction. Space faeries steal/murder children before they are going to be stolen/murdered, and mind control the parents to write fake ransom notes that casts the suspicion on them so they go to prison for murdering their child? But the ransom notes reference Santa man, who didn't actually steal/murder the children the note is for, but was going to at some point maybe, and did so to a bunch of other children who weren't saved/murdered by the space faeries? Did Santa man not write bad ransom notes referencing Santa for the children he did steal/murder?

Then the child ghost appears and mouths "71" or something, which leads them to Santa man, but child wasn't actually taken by Santa man and her body wasn't there with the other children, so no typical ghost "connection." So I guess the space faeries were like, "look ghost girl, you were gonna be killed by this guy but you weren't cause we did the deed instead, but now you need to relay what highway Santa's Village is on our behalf because we are tired of this and law enforcement sucks too much to figure out there are 22 bodies in shallow graves with large burial mounds 50 feet from a tourist destination apparently so popular it appears on a printed map." This doesn't even get into the sister nonsense in part two. Sorry, her being "abducted" twice isn't the genius writing you think it is.

I love x files but man the bad episodes were truly bad and not all of them in a fun way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah I watched both. I didn't hate them as much as some and a few episodes were legit good but god it might be the worst mytharc stuff yet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Please tell me he put on an affected southun accent

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I remember the "fat" ladies were like 90s fat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gravitee posted:

Exactly. Regardless of what happened in later episodes, it's the first tv show that I remember where the main characters weren't involved with each other and their attractiveness was not a plot point at all. All the other garbage on TV was sitcoms and soap operas (Melrose Place, 90210, Baywatch).

Was Xfiles running against those shows in its timeslot?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Another X file could walk through walls and saved him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I was loving outraged