Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I found it weird that Cher did not appear in the Cher episode. I guess in hindsight it was for the best since I can just see fans zeroing in on that episode and unfairly turning it into the show's jump the shark moment based entirely on "remember when they got motherfucking Cher in an X-Files episode?" But that episode seemed to be leading up to it the whole time, and it already featured her likeness and songs so presumably they had her blessing, so why not just go the whole shebang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

There's this broadcast channel called Comet that I didn't even know existed before this year and I swear half their entire lineup is the X-Files.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

You Are A Werewolf posted:

:hellyeah: They also show a lot of OG Godzilla movies and ‘60s/‘70s/‘80s B-movie horror, schlock, and sci-fi. It’s like reliving a local UHF channel in the ‘80s.

And Tales From the Darkside on weekends! Fuckin’ love me some Comet. Yeah, they’re owned by Sinclair Broadcasting which sucks doodoo poo poo, but there is no indication of who they really are on the channel.

Tales From the Dark Side, now that's a show that seemed to promise some next-level scary poo poo on TV, but most of the episodes I saw appeared to be the same sort of Twilight Zone/ Tales of the Unexpected- type stuff. Kid me was real disappointed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mioevxb2CfA

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

redshirt posted:

LOL Comet went and changed their lineup out of nowhere, midweek. I don't know what it is anymore except Buffy got knocked down and Grimm got elevated WTF??

They aired Event Horizon and Capricorn One yesterday, and had a marathon of Friday the 13th: The Series earlier today. Apparently tonight they're airing Chopping Mall and Piranha, but right now they're playing... wait for it... The X-Files.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Ginette Reno posted:

Crazy poo poo happens, and if you think about it past the surface level it has extraordinary implications on the world the characters live in, but they just move on to the next motw and don't focus on how last week's episode time travel was proven possible or ghosts were shown to exist or whatever.

Er, you're describing most episodic TV shows pre- like 2007 or so.