Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

McGavin posted:

As someone who lived in Vancouver in the 90's, it is very hard to suspend my disbelief while watching the X-Files. I used to drive past the house from Home every day on my way to work.

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.095...i8192?entry=ttu

When the episode came on for the first time and it had a content warning I knew I was about to get some amazing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Watching X files with no lights on...

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

redshirt posted:

Whenever I get asked my favorite color I answer "Cerulean Blue"

I occasionally say "cerulean blue is a gentle breeze" when I see a blue truck and no one knows what the gently caress I'm on about

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SRQ posted:

do you follow it up by asking people if they have stairs in their house.

Never have

Well once but I was really asking

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Stretchy cancer cocoon man was scarier than flukeman

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The mytharc episodes feel the weakest NOW

But the show wasn't made for now. Those were the most exciting by far at the time

If they're all stand-alone you can miss one, but you had to watch in case CSM CGB was going to show up

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
My brain keeps mixing up cigarette man and a Simpsons joke and creating

GBM Spender

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Enfys posted:

Seasons 1&2 hooked people so hard right away because they were mostly monster of the week with an occasional story arc, but as the ratio started shifting in later seasons, it started becoming less interesting over time.

Sure no one will argue with that I don't think

The rarity was part of the appeal (also the appearance that it was going someplace meaningful)

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Vakal posted:

I'd be hard pressed to think of a sillier episode

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t remember the episode well enough to know if this was addressed but water isn’t an infinite resource, especially if it has to run on fresh water. Im on team Gunmen for this one.

Fresh water is a shitload easier to make than gasoline

The only way it makes sense is if the manufacture of the engine is somehow REALLY bad for the environment

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

i'd like scully to explain this

Look at that pig's huge ball

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Icochet posted:

If the title sequence wasn't so goddamn iconic it would be dumb as hell. Just random weird stuff like red finger bones, the protagonists entering a room, oozing balls and a stretchy face. Government denies knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Small Strange Bird posted:

I once came up with lyrics for it. Bet you can see it in your head!

A wobbly UFO
A spinning plasma globe
Two germinating seeds
And David Duchovny
With Gillian Anderson
And a white falling man
An eye
[DUN]

Now I miss singing "Peter Dinklage, Peter Dinklage" with the GoT credits