Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i had the YA novelization of the "green bugs in the forest that kill the loggers" episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

god I miss the feeling of cracking those 60-card starter decks in MTG

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fluke man's afraid to wave his fluke!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

That was the good co-written William Gibson episode, before he wrote one of the worst episodes.

a thing I've noticed in the past is that for as prescient as his novels are, Gibson can be hilariously inept about technology sometimes, to the point where I'd say First Person Shooter makes just as much sense coming from him as Kill Switch did

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also the guy who wrote Jose Chung wrote a season 10 episode where Rhys Darby plays a reverse were-lizard and it's probably the high point of S10-11

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

avoids technology and yet predicted virtual waifus with stunning accuracy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zesty posted:

Gillian Anderson wanted to get the tattoo for real, but production asked her not to because it would take too long to heal and, of course, please don't do that for this lovely episode.

jodie foster is so good in that episode too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the Rhys Darby episode of the revival is great but the rest of it is dire

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

So I that guy an "alien bounty hunter" or an "alien" "bounty hunter" ?

both

an alien alien bounty hunter if you will

if he turned against them he'd be an alien alien alien bounty hunter bounty hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

As much as the lore shat the bed, I do like that the Aliens, and their motivation and possible culture, is just completely unknowable. Perhaps not entirely by design, but it skirts cosmic horror.

culture I agree but tbh I always saw their motivations as pretty clear, "we want this planet, and we could just murder everybody but it's more efficient to just turn them into more of us instead"